V2 Chapter 82: Villain Attack Event

"Man, you really lucked out with your internship, huh, Y/n?" Kirishima says. "I mean—aside from getting attacked by the Hero Killer and all...!"

You laugh at his panic and reassure him you know what he means.

The two of you chat while walking in the direction Kai pointed you in. Bakugou gives the occasional grunt, but otherwise doesn't say much.

Ahead of you is a giant rocky zone in the center of a grassy park. The three of you walk down the paths to the entrance. When you get inside and pass through a tunnel, there is a red path to a large green circular pad. Surrounding it is water. On the platform is a young woman who seems to be leading the event. Behind you is a set of bleachers with a few people scattered watching. 

"I wonder if there are any scouts in the stands." Kirishima says.

"I'm going to win this no problem."

"We don't even know any of the details yet, Bakugou."

He rolls his eyes, and a staff member comes up to you. 

"Would you three like to participate?" She asks.

"Yes please!" You say. 

After giving her your information, she sends Kirishima out first. 

You cheer Kirishima on as the event starts, and he rushes to destroy the robots. A loud boom fills the air as he finishes off the last one.

"Clear time: thirty three seconds! That's eighth place!" 

"Great job Kirishima!" You yell. 

"Now, our next challenger is also from UA! She's the daughter of the late pro heroes, Water Hose, and niece of the pro hero Mandalay of the Wild, Wild, Pussy Cats! Let's see what this hero in training has in store for us today!"

You grin as you head to the platform to begin.  

"Now, Villain Attack! Ready... Go!!"

As soon as she says go, you use water to blast yourself towards the first robot. Instantly freezing it, your helmet pings the next. They're easier to beat than the ones at school, so you have no issues handling them. Thanks to the giant waterfall and pool of water you easily create a wave to wash all but one of them away. With the last robot in sight, you send a barrage of icicles its way, and it explodes with cloud of dust and ice shards.

"Wow!! What a show! Izumi Y/n washed the rest of the competition away and takes first place with seventeen seconds!"

You remove your helmet and shoot Bakugou a big grin. 

"Beat that Bakugou!" You say as you climb down to the entryway where he's waiting. 

"You think that was impressive? Hah, I hope you remember how it feels right now, because I'm about to blast you out of first place!"

"Let's see it then, hot head!" You give him a smack on the shoulder as you pass him and join Kirishima where he's standing.

"Jeez, good job, Y/n! That was nuts! I wish my quirk was more versatile..."

"You've got a great quirk, Kirishima! How many people can take the hits you do?"

Before he can reply, the staff member starts the event for Bakugou. The second the word go leaves her mouth, Bakugou blasts towards the robots. The force of the blow sends a wave of hot air and dust towards you and Kirishima, and you wish you kept your helmet on.

Bakugou flies through the air, bouncing between the robots as if he's dancing. He defeats each one with a single blow, not wasting any time. Your jaw drops a bit as he blasts the final robot away and lands perfectly on the starting platform.