Chapter 16: Moving on

Its morning now and after the adults and children mourn for their lost yesterday we are now ready to head out in this village, of course we also looted some valuable things in this village but I only take the one that I can carry. Most of the valuables are coins and gold bars, some weapon and jewelry and of course food.

"Fufu, Master you look so cute." Mila commented at me while looking me with admiration.

"I already heard that for a hundred times." I roll my eyes while I put the valuable items in the back of Hellebore as I let him wear a saddle, I wanted to ride him but the amount of things in his back are too many and I have no place to be ride on so I decide to walk. As for Mila mentioning my image it's because right now I'm wearing a Gothic lolita style dress that I find in the belonging of some of the bandits, I don't know why they have it but the dress is perfectly fit on my body. The fabric it made from are so soft and comfortable and the designs are intricate, when the adult sees me they said that I look like a noble.

Also in the loot we found a map the reason why we have our destination, I ask  some adults that know this world on which where they wanted to go, they told me that they wanted to go towards Granam Kingdom the reason is that Kingdom known to be a human supremacist they will not criticized or discriminate people as long as they are human race, call about racism. This Kingdom will accept human race as long as they can provide benefit on the Kingdom's people, they said they will accept them with open arms if they go this place, I ask about Malvis but they said that Kingdom doesn't discriminate other races but they are kind of savage, if you are weak you are just plaything to them, if not worthy you become a slave to the strong, they are following the rule of survival of the fittest and the current King is known to be strong and savage if he doesnt like you he will throw you to the arena to fight your way to prove that you are worthy to be in that place it doesnt matter what is your status, that Kingdom despite being savage with iron fist rule, its popular and thriving with populace, maybe the people here are just bored and wants some entertainment like duels or something.

"Is everything ready to depart?" I said looking at the adult, they nod at us and we move forward, they mostly take as much as they can take so I share some money with them and they take them without much of complain, I still don't know how currency work here or what values are this coin but money is money it will not hurt if I take them, I think of it as a rewards for me saving this village.

While we are now in the forest path I look back at the village that I grow up, there is not much memory worth to remember here as I only experience hardship here but if not for this village maybe I just died somewhere else if that man didn't take me here.
A few hours when we trekking this thick forest the  one who guiding us is one of the adult, she is an adventurer in the past but her party got ambush and they take her with them, she has been in this village for almost 8 years now and she give up to runaway the reason because this bandits are popular to any adventurer's guild for being ruthless and elusive, they will just appear out of nowhere and before you know what is going on they will already kill you thats why they are most wanted criminal in any adventurer's guild and they have a high reward if ever someone can dealt with them.

The woman in question is good at trekking this thick forest as if she knows where are we going, she said she is a scout in her party the reason she can locate the correct path.

While we are trekking this forest she immediately stops us and point us to a cave like near our location, I don't need to ask why because you can hear the metals colliding with each other and some blood wapping through air. As the other adult hides towards the cave I can't settle myself and my heart pounds as I hear the shout of death echoing in this thick forest so I stand up and head in the bushes to look at what is going on.

"Hey, don't go out, they still fighting, we don't know who they are, they might be another bandit." Warn by the adventurer woman.

"I wanted to see what is going on, don't worry I will only look afar." I said and hurried to go out.

"Master, I wanted to join you." Excited Killy said to me in happy tone.

"But master it's dangerous." Kim for some reason she is wearing a maid like outfit, a typical one who is common in victorian era because somehow we also manage to see a pair of this outfit in the safekeep of one of the bandit.

"Kim, it's fine I will join Master." Said by reliable Mila, with her I'm not worried in any danger that will come to me. Without much she can do Kim reluctantly go along with my selfish action.

When me and Mila are in the vicinity there is a big clearing inside this forest and what we see are chaos, many soldiers in light armor attacking a single armored knight, despite so many arrow that manage to get in between the opening in his armor he still standing and with one wave of his massive sword ten men are getting beheaded, blood and gore are flying here and there, he swing down ward and the body of a man is split in exaggerated way, he punch the other one and with a single blow the head of the female soldier blown up, it's unbelievable as head won't blow like that with a normal punch even he is wearing a gauntlet but this is fantasy world so logic in my world doesn't apply here.

The numbers of the opposing soldiers are already getting dwindle and they tried to run away but with unbelievable speed the full armor knight manage to catch them and slice them up like a butter.
Everyone now is dead under his feet and he just stand there like a champion.

I waited holding my breath as to what will he do next but no matter the ticking of time he is not moving... I don't know why but I have this vague feeling as if I can feel that his soul is already getting extinguish...

"He is dying..." I speak as I watch him not moving within the bodies in the ground.

"Huh? Master where are you going? It's dangerous." Mila tried to stop me but I need to confirm it, I wanted to see if he is really dead, I also wanted him.

"Mila, I need to confirm with this vague feelings of mine, it feels like I can feel if someone is about to die, I need to know." I said without her letting to stop me.

Nothing she can do she only follow me and so we are now in front of the armored knight, he is so tall, taller than Mila about two head, he still standing still only his massive sword that been stab in the ground supporting his body. "Mila, remove his helmet." I order Mila and she follow my words and hesitantly remove the helmet and our eyes wide open... The armored knight is...

"She is so beautiful." The only words I can utter.