Chapter 26: Path for tomorrow

After 3 days of trekking this large forest we can finally see a vast land with an open field, of course there are no houses near as the monster will frequently attack the people who are near this forest after all. We can see a huge wall at far distance with a fort attach on it.

"Now, it's time for us to part as we promise we protected you, all I can say is hope you will not bother me or become a hindrance to what I'm going to do in the future." I warn them as we don't want them to spread out my name of what I am and my companions. Heartless I know but there is no reason for me to be attach with them we only get together because of the circumstances now that we fulfill my promise its time to cut off our attachments and forget about each other.

"Yeah, thank you for everything and for guiding us to safety, we will not spread your name as a promise for protecting us." The adventure woman speak with them and they bow to me and move on towards the fort together with the children as for us.

"Alright, we manage to get out of the forest, but we have a big issues." I said while I face my comrades, hands in my waist I look at them with serious face.

"And what is that Master?" Mila is the one to ask as the other are waiting for my words.

"First, we don't really have goal yet so we don't really have destination, the second is, this is a country of human supremacist so with all of you having an undead race will give us a problem specially Mila and Hellebore." I compile to them our problem, The knights and Kyrie is fine but people who sees Mila will not gonna pretend they don't see her with the protruding wings and halo of hers, and Hellebore is a unique wolf, maybe we can just say that he is a variant kind of wolf and tell people that he is just my pet. "Now that you know our problem, can someone give me any idea on how to tackle our situation? I already have some if you want to hear me first?" I said as tried to see if they have an idea of their own.

"Milady, please go on tell us what your plan first, as we your servants will give you some advice if your plan will work or not." Salvia with a polite tone towards me wanting me to voice out my plan first and everyone agrees with her.

"Very well, okay what I think is we need our base first, we need a settlement that can house Mila and Hellebore without discriminations, or people wanting to attack them, maybe we need a land or we can find a town that we can settle in, any suggestions?" This question is mostly for the knights as they are the only one who have been in this land and knowledgeable more than we do.

"Hmm... A town." Salvia ponders.

"How about the mining town of the baroness Orchidia Jilkins?" Dhilia suggested.

"Okay, please tell us what is this town is about and why you suggest it?" I let Dhilia to continue her explaination.

"Miss Kyrie, the mining town of Jilkins is well knows not for a good reason but for a bad one, it is the only mining town in this Kingdom that aren't profitable, it may near the river but the minerals that you can only get there is a white marble like rock but this rock is useless because if they smelt them they just crumble that's why noone really is profiting in the mine, the town is mostly dead with a few residence that even the Kingdom already forgotten about it, the Baroness also are suffering from a curse that whoever marries her they just die in sickness without explanation, that's why despite being a Baroness they move her away from the capital because they are afraid that the curse might affect them. It's actually abandoned at this point if only not for a fact that the Baroness still is in that place with the little people she owns as her citizens. The only sustenance they can get is by hunting and foraging the nearby forest. The Kingdom basically exile them not bothering to get some taxes from them." Dhilia explain to us. Hmm... Is it really worth to go there? But if possible we need shelter that can accept Mila and Hellebore so we definitely should take this, risking of what kind of curses this woman have.

"Is this woman a bad noble? Just for precautions." I ask them straight, I mean in the novels I read in my past life most of the aristocrats are evil like the Marquis, I look at Viola instinctively.

"We don't really know, all we know about her is she is hard working." Said by Dhilia.

"Milady, if may I speak but if she is a bad person won't the citizens will leave her and will not follow her?" Salvia got a point.

"Alright I've decided, we should go to the Mining town of Jilkins and see what kind of town is that, if it's a bad town with bad lord, we will just conquer it!" I said jokingly but everyone only loom at me as if I made a bad joke, only Killy is the one who join me in my humor. "Come on I'm just joking! Maybe..." I said while giving them a little mischievous smile.

And so with a destination in our mind we embark on a new journey.