Chapter 36: Discarded

"Please, buy me I'm begging you."
"I want to go home."
"Help me..."

The wails of the people inside this putrid smelly place.

"This... I never imagine this is happening within this country." Salvia winced in disgust.

"Business is business, people will do anything to make a livelihood, like some shitty aristocrats who will take advantage of the poor and uneducated people. Thats how world is revolving miss." Raul smirk in response to Salvia's comment.

"Salvia, will you give them helping hand to justify your pride?" I ask her, not criticizing her, I want to hear her respond.

"Milady, I swear my fidelity towards you, My only purpose now is to protect you and your will being, no matter what you do I will be your ally even its against the world." I feel good hearing the words of Salvia. It's not like I'm heartless but this people here, unfortunate as they can be but they have no relation to me, all over the world this happens, trying to help them are just me boosting my ego.

"Miss, I thought you will back out if you see something like this but Im amaze and respect you for having a heart of steel." The slave trader got impress on me, I dont feel like its a compliment tho.

"I came here for business nothing else, I will not hinder you just to justify myself as long as you give me on what I wanted, hope you do the same for me." I look at him straight to the eyes and he back step a little.

"Hehe, I got it, please there are the dwarves that you wanted." He look a little panic while showing me the large cages with some burly little men with some long hair and bushy facial hair, when I look at them I notice that there are some females too and same as the men they have bushy facial hair.

They look at me with their dead eye as if the world already discarded them.

"I will give you some discount if you take them all, I just wanted to get rid of them before they die here anyway." Said by the man even tho they hear a dangerous words they still not react as if they already accepts their fate.

"Hmmm... Alright, I wanted more people in the mine anyway." I said and we seal the deal. "By the way how do you handle to release the merchandize? Do we need to carry them to our carriage secretly?" I ask as clarification, we bring large carriage after all.

"Nah, we will deliver them to your location, don't worry we maybe criminals but I am also true to my words with the client I like, also there is contracts afterall." He said smirking at me.

"Don't show me your ugly smug before I punch you." I say and he laugh out loud.

"Anyway, is that all you wanted?" He ask me and I ponder a little, buying these dwarves is not really hurts my budget and I still have leeway's to splurge them on anything else, I mean I bring the money that I got from the village so I'm actually rich.

"Hmm... We also want someone who can tend the crops we have and animals." I respond and he give me a thumbs up.

"I see, how about elves? We still have some as elves are popular merchandize, they mostly been bought because of their beautiful faces but they are good at handling and gathering with plants, we also have some beastmen if you dont mind their disgusting features they good at handling animals?" He offers me.

"I see, then I want you to show me." I said.

"It my pleasure, this way little mistress." Urg... I almost puke with his suddenly politeness.

"Can you stop that, I will really punch you, why the sudden politeness?" I ask with a disgust in my face.

"Hehe, of course, because you are a prominent patrons that I have in a while, also you are beautiful and cu-" without finishing I kick him in his balls and he fell down and writhe in the ground.

"You damn, lolicon." And I spit on him but in my disgust he looks like his happy as he smile.
---

As we scan the room full of imprison people while being aware of the sudden change of the attitude of this damn criminal, I can see some cages with some people in it that are in the ground without moving.

"Those are?" I ask looking at the small child lying in the cell.

"Ah, those are returned goods, after the buyer finish their business with them, sometimes they return them if they don't like the performance, those disgusting aristocrat like to release their stress on the slaves and torture them to their heart content but sometimes the merchandize will be fainted or worst die within a few minutes, we are the one who disposed the body and some that are barely alive will be keep here hoping someone will buy them and if they die they will get disposed." He is now in his serious business face.

I look at the dying child, I feel bad of course but this doesnt change my view in this world, there are some fortunate and live their whole life as a normal but there are those that are not, fate is a blessing and cruel at the same time.

"I'm sad, I swear to protect those people but they doing something as cruel as this." Salvia also look at the dying child.

"Do you want to get rid of them Salvia?" I ask without looking at her.

"As I said, I only follow what you desire Milady." She said to me.

"Then we will get rid of them." I declare, tho not serious.

"Hooo... How scary." The man commented.

"But that is for the future, I still need to build my strength before I can declare war on this country, any way I will also buy all of the dying or already dead slaves here." I said as I get up and proceed to keep walking.

"Huh? What you gonna do with them? Feed them to your pet monsters?" The guy ask suspiciously.

"It's non of your business, you have secrets and I have secrets, lets only view ourselves here as a seller and buyer, nothing more." I said at him as calm as possible.

"Fair enough." And so he continue to show us the other slaves.