Chapter 32: Establishing

We enter in the fancy office of Sir Koolan, I look around and I can tell that he is a minimalist type of a man, the only things that I can see are books in book shelves and fancy sofa and his disk with some paper on it, the room is adorn with one large base, that's it.

"Please take a sit, Miss Kyrie." I sit at the sofa with a little table in front, a maid enters the room and bring some tea, the teas as you can tell bitter, I don't really like tea.

Salvia is in my back standing like she always do, its given as she is a knight and I'm here mistress, its a costum of some sort from the knights perspective showing the respect for their master.

"Salvia, I dont like the tea, please drink it." I said and the old man just look at me amused. "Sorry Sir Koolan but I don't like bitter drink, if I'm to be blunt." I said to him before he comment.

"Haha, its fine, it refreshing tho that someone say their honest feeling rather than acquiring my favor with their lies." He said.

"So let's get straight to the topic, as you already know I want to sell this White rock." I said as Salvia take out the Rock salt and hand it to the old man.

He take out his small scale and magnifying glass and observe and analyze it then he frown.

"As expected, its just a regular rock, its also lighter than metal so there is no value in this item." He say straight to me as humble as he can be.

"Fair enough." I said and he look at me eyeing me as if he wanted some more information. "But... If you only look at them in that perspective its just a regular rock." I said smiling to him.

"What do you mean?" Now his curious.

"Sir Koolan, How do you view the culinary of this world?" I ask and he give me a raise in his brow.

"What does it have to do with this?" He pause then he continue "tho, if I answer you, it's the same, every once in a while a restaurant will tried to make a new recipe but with the same spices it feel bland, not blaming the chefs tho, I just stated my honest opinion."

"I see, yeah spices may change the flavor but have you ever wonder if a regular food can be enhance more and add more texture with it?" I ask him and had a face he finally getting I'm going at.

"Wait, do this rock has significant of what you trying to imply?" He finally get a clue of what is going on.

"Salvia." I clap my hands and Salvia understanding me she handed a grilled meat wrap in a leaf to the old man and then a small pouch.

"This?" He got perplex and give an eye with raise eye brow.

"That is the rock that you are holding right now, we grind it to fine pieces so its easy to consume, just sprinkle a tiny bit, not too much just a pinch and taste the meat." I said suggesting him to eat the food we serve.

He hesitate at first thinking that the pulverized rock is dirty but with his curiosity he take a pinch and sprinkle them to the meat, with a little deliberation he finally decide to eat and his eyes widen and hurriedly scarf the meat.

"Ha... This meat taste become different, it now have this sharp sensation in my mouth and enhance the flavor of the meat." He is bamboozled and I find it funny. "This... Most of the chef will be dying to get this item if possible... This can change the culinary in this Kingdom..."

"As I expected, so how do you think the price I can have with that?" I said smiling at him with innocent.

"Well, it depend on how much you have, if this is all you've got then I cannot profit with them unless I will sell them with over price. You said you came from Jilkins, so it safe to assume that you have more?"

"The answer is a bit complicated, we have the mine but we don't have worker, if possible I want a loyal workers that won't swayed us."

"So... You wanted a slave laborer?" As if he read my mind he guess what I'm trying to tell.

"Where do you think I can get them? You have a big name and thats not only for show right?" I snide him with a raise in my side lips and wink.

"Haha... You really are something, but for you to be this cunning how old are you?" He ask me with his own smirk.

"I'm just 11 years old." I answer.

"Oh my, you are the same age of my grand daughter in the capital, but despite that you are more mature than her, how I wish she can learn from you." He said laughing.

"I'll take that as compliment." I humble him.

"Anyway, I'll introduce you to the slave trader that I know, but I just want to warn you that this is not a childs play, my name, my reputation and my wealth is depending on the information I will share to you." He look at me seriously and warn me.

"Yes, I will not say a word." I stand up bow and offer my hands to shake as to seal the deal for this merchant.

"Me telling you the dark side of this society is definitive contract, I only see this as a future installment because I'm sure that I will profit if the mine is in function." He held my hand and shake them.

"Yes of course, you really a good merchant, you didn't even bat an eye to me even tho I'm just a child." I said being amuse to him.

"Of course, a profit is a profit thats how a merchant goal. And even if I instigate you with a cunning persuasion I'm sure you will see that, I'm not yet senile to know who I'm dealing with." He said with confident.

"Well, fair enough." I said and so we made a contract that benefit the both of us.