Chapter 48: Kingdom's answer

"What have you done?" Orchidia panicked while holding her head when she learn about what happen earlier, after she finish overseeing the construction of the new town she learn that an envoy had come in the town, she wanted to see who it was and wanted to know what they want as she soon learn that the said envoy has been beheaded.

"Yes, I'm aware." I said as I calmly drink some tea with milk our product that been famous to wealthy people.

"And why are you so calm? Do you even know what it means to kill a noble from this kingdom? The Monarch will send there army towards us, we just started rebuilding our town!" She shouted, I can feel the anger boiling down inside her, I understand that, with my action I've endangered the people that she been protecting all this years, a nobody like me have no rights to instigate like going war with the Kingdom.

"Orchidia I know that you are angry of my actions but hear me out first, the Kingdom demands to hand over half of our wealth, we work hard to get us to this point and now they just wanted to claim something they don't even own? Of course I will be angry." I said and look calmly straight to her eyes, she taken a back but she compose herself.

"I understand, of course I will also be frustrated if I wear in your shoes, but our enemy is the kingdom you know? Do we even have a way to fought back with the Kingdoms roundtable of the 13 knights? I know your 'Pomegranate' soldiers are strong individually but 1 of the 13 knights of the kingdom consist with thousands of soldiers you know? The reason is Human race have inept miracles that they can reproduce human resource faster than any race that's why when it comes to army human race are always on top." She complains still have worries in her eyes. " That's it! can we just hide the body for now to buy us some time? We need to evacuate the citizens to safety first before the Kingdom knows what happen here." She suggested and I can see some pleading in her eyes.

"Hmm... Its too late, I already send the soldiers that came along with the noble to the capital and told them to give my message to the King together with the head of the noble of course." I said and sip again on my milk tea.

"Wha... Have you lose your mind? Did you really just declared a war on a Kingdom?" Orchidia pale in face almost passed out when she hears my words.

"Miss Kyrie, I have no say to this as I'm just a business partner here but you are going against the kingdom you know? Do you have it takes to fight them and have responsibility of whatever the outcome of this sparse?" He said, Sir Koolan is also here as he visited in a wrong timing, he just wanted to see the production and inspect the quality of the merchandize that being produce here that's why after he learns that the envoy is here he wanted to know too what the Kingdom wants from this town.

"Everyone calm down, you may see this as an act of fool going against an unfathomable foe but I'm not insane enough to fight them without power to fight back, my army is strong and I have faith in them and I also have my secret weapon for the King, if he receive it I'm sure they will not attack this town, also the reason why I made a contract with the most popular merchant in this kingdom is to have my a backing in case something like this will happen in the future." Everyone gather their attention to me as I declare my intent.

"What do you mean by that?" Sir Koolan is now confuse as to why he is involve with this.

"Your merchandize are popular anywhere in this kingdom, from poor commoner to wealthiest noble everybody knows your name and love your products, so what happen if that said merchant will be in favor with an unknown town rather than the kingdom?" I ask Sir Koolan with a smile on my face, he taken aback and pondering but I didn't wait for him to answer me. "The people of this Kingdom are now used to consume the product that comes from your store and now they are curious, where did that products came from? And if they learn that those product comes here and the most powerful merchant is backing this town people will now hesitate to support the Kingdom if they tried to attack this town, I hope with their hesitation or maybe trying to become our ally they will start to rebel, well that's just a wish tho, but you guess the point, we are being protected by the Kingdoms people incase the Kingdom really wants to attack us, couple with the news of the missing princess people's trust in the monarch are already low now they will not attack the one providing their daily necessities the Kingdom will surely hesitate to deploy their army to us." Everyone in the room become silent.