Chapter 29: Slave

"Master, It's morning the breakfast is ready please wake up." I got awaken by the sudden voice, as I open my eyes I see Kim in her maid outfit, I rise my body and stretch my arms, this is the first time that I been in world to sleep on a soft comfortable bed. Right now I'm living in a house in the mining town of Jilkins, it is a two story building with 4 rooms at the second floor, a kitchen and living room at the first floor. It is mostly an accommodation for a wealthy guest, the other knight is in the neighboring house and there is a stable in the back and let Hellebore made it use as his quarter.

"Good morning, Milady." Salvia enters the room already in a T-shirt and a jeans.

"Morning, please wait I will dress up." Me still in my night gown I get off the bed and go to my own drawer and take out a nice pastel colored gothic lolita dress adorn with frills and ribbon. "What our agenda today?" I ask Salvia, she is my guard slash my secretary at this point and she willingly love to be, so I let her, she stick to me all the time ready to defend me, and I appreciate it.

"Today will be your meeting with Madam Orchidia." Hmm thats all? Well this is the first time that we gonna plan on how to rebuild this town.

Yesterday Orchidia and I did have an agreement to share the profit of the rock salt that is in the Mine, they doesn't know the worth of this simple condiment and without me acknowledging it, it will be known only for its uselessness, as I mention I we made it a contract. Contract here is absolute as Dhilia teaches me, it used for important trades and negotiation of two individuals, the severity of the consequences if you ever break the contract is devastating its because the contract is a swear in the goddess Sandra name, if you break them you a person will be stripped down with magic, of course for normal people like me in my past world it means nothing but here, without magic people will see you as nothing or useless.

When I come down the food are already in the table, the smell of the soup is wapping on the air, the breakfast today is a meat soup, bread and cheese, yes the Yellowish thing that the old man trade us is a cheese, I'm amaze that there is a cheese in this place, they said that it came from the fermented milk of the goat but its not really popular with merchants because of the smell and sometimes there is a maggots in the cheese, Im just lucky to get a clean one, maybe I will teach them how to properly store the cheese so it wont be a waste. I teach Mila and Killy for some reason in anyway to eat cheese, now the cheese has been melted and made to be a cheese fondue. As usual the undead girls cannot be satiated by the mortal food but they still eat with me because the new found taste is too much to ignore.

"Kyrie, I been waiting for you please sit down." Orchidia welcome us in her manor.

"You don't have a maid or helper?" I ask her as I wonder why despite being a aristocrat.

"Haha, well I cannot hire someone when I even struggle to earn money." Well fair enough.

"So as plan, I will sell the Rock Salt to the next town to see how much they will pay for this right?" I ask her for confirmation, "also we need to hire some workers to the mine. Where do you think we can hire those people?" I ask her but she stare at the ceiling thinking.

"Yeah that's the problem, I may know some worker in the merchant guild but, I'm worried that those people might not willing to negotiate with us with getting a bigger cut. Mostly some Lord that I know will hire slaves." She suggested... Slaves huh. I already know that slave here are legal, what is not legal is the slave from other races.
"Slaves..." I remember my life on that Village. "Hmmm, we will see about that, but not only the mine we also need some worker for the field, it's a waste that there is a large lot in the side of the town that is not use, we need farmers for the wheat and maybe we should also make a vineyard so we can also sell some wine, I saw some wild grapes in the forest we can grow that." I suggested and everyone look at me weirdly "what?" I ask them.

"What is wine?" I got disbelief, no way that wine is not available here, there is mead, but wine is unavailable?

"No way? I mean it's an alcohol that came from a fermented fruits you know? It's has a classy and distinct taste that you will love, the only problem is the process, it takes time for the grape to process it for a wine thats why I will find a method for a fast fermentation." There is a magic here I will find the right magic so the process will be faster. "Hmm... Actually isnt it a good news that there are lots of things that people doesnt know here? With new product only can be accessed here means we can profit more from that? We can even over priced them and people will not even know that... Fufu, we can milk the wealthy people in this land and become richer than the royalty, fufu maybe we can even take over this Kingdom if we manage to buy the trust of people and..." I snap back at my day dreaming when Salvia held my hands...

"Milady..." Salvia look at me with worried in her eyes.

"Kyrie... You are so greedy." Orchidia look at me dissatisfied.

"Did I say it that loud?" Everyone nod at my question... "Tee hee" and I stick my tongue out.

THE REINCARNATED UNDEAD QUEENजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें