Chapter 34: Slave Merchant

"So the location of the slave merchant is in the slum." I said while looking at the piece of paper with a map on it.
Right now Salvia and I are in the far north west of the town. This area is less crowded than the main road, the place is dirty and chaotic, a man sitting at the corner, some children eye us as if begging from us, dead animal like mouse and the air are so putrid of human waste that made me almost gagged.

According to the map that Sir Koolan give me, we need to tread a maze like alleyway in this slum if we wanted to go to a illegal slave trader. As we pass by on the alley we see some men observing us as we walk couple with sinister eye, Salvia is getting alerted and ready to attack if they tried something funny, tho looking at Salvia she is wearing a one piece camisole without any weapon in her, for a normal person looking at her you will never expect a knight.

There are some houses here and there in every direction as we pass by in any one of them, slumping child on the corner reaching their hands outside wide open as if begging for food for some passerby, some skimpy looking woman, we even see someone having an intercourse in the corner, Salvia have a funny reaction having her face like a tomato, how pure can this girl be?

After treading the maze like alleyway, according to the map we finally in the location of the illegal slave merchants but all I can see is a wall, of course there is no way Sir Koolan will lie to me as we have mutual trust when we sign that contract

I look around to see anything that is unusual and finally see a small hole in side of the wall. I knock it to see if its hollow and and as I guess it is a thin wall made of wood.

I knock again to see if there is someone inside but noone is responding.

"Milady, what should we do?" Salvia ask.

"I'm sure that this is the right place, I will try again." I said to her and so I knock again, and knock... And knock.

I'm annoyed, with my annoyance I think of unspeakable.

"Salvia, destroy it." I said ordering my trusted knight.

She ready her fist and about to punch with her big reliable arms when finally someone responded.

"Wait, wait..." I hear the sound of a guy in the other side of this thin wall. "What do you want?" He ask.

"Hmm, I want to talk to Mister Raul." I said to the person in other side.

"There is none of that name here." He said, I don't know if he is lying or not but we have no time for this.

"I came here to acquire some merchandize, show me to him." I ask demanding him.

"This is not the place, go away kid." He said, he didn't offend me for calling me a kid, really, but I wonder why he is so adamant of not me letting in when I'm a customer here.

"Are you sure about this? I'm a customer here, chasing away your client is kind of rude and not good for your business." I said to him, I don't really want to go negotiate with this guy, I'm pretty sure that he is just a lackey. If this goes on longer I will not hesitate to break it open.

"Your name first." Finally he trying to talk business with me.

"Done with you playing detective? You are just a lackey, I have no reason to state my name to you, you are not the seller here." Annoyed I didn't state my name.

"Then go away." He chase me away again, we gone in full circle.

"Ha... I don't really want to do this but, Salvia, do it." Ordering my Knight again, she nodded at me then make stance to punch the wall, I can feel power is accumulating in her hands. Finally she release her fist making contact with the thin wall then a loud bang ring in the isolated area and the wall crumbles and a rigid man widens his eyes as the pieces of wooden flakes is crumbling in front of him.

"Good job, let's go." I said to Salvia as I move on and pass by on the man who become perplex of what just happen but he immediately snap out and tried to stop me again.

"Ah, hey wait! Stop where do you think your going?" He said but I ignore him, he is not important.

As I walk within this smelly and dark corridor, I finally managed to reach a wide area, in the center is a cage with people in it, they are fighting and the surrounding are some people who shouting and dissing the people inside the cage as they fight with bloods and flesh scattered around the ground.

Everyone is focused on the fight and noone is minding me a child with a beautiful woman by my side enters the arena like stadium.

The man finally reach out to me and tried to speak to me but I cannot hear what he is saying so he grab my hand. I look at it then suddenly a hand grab his hand and grief it strongly that made the man shout that finally everyone notice us.

"Keep your hands off Milady." Salvia with an intense glare look at the man as if she will try to kill him.

"Salvia, calm down." I said and she throw the man to the corner and hit the wall.

The people inside are looking at us now, maybe they wondering, why there is a child in this rowdy place? A two large man walk at us and a man with an open vest short pants and an eye patch in his left eye also with them.

"What a kid doing in this place?" The eye patched man ask me in an intimidating manner.

"I'm looking for mister Raul, I have some business." I respond without being intimidated.

"You are looking at him." He said, so he is the leader here.

"If possible I don't want it to talk in public, can we at least change place in a private room if possible." I demand.

"I have no time to deal with a kid like you, if you don't go away I will kick your butt out of this place." He said glaring at me with a loud voice.

"Same as before, are you all really that desperate to chase away your client? How can you even survive in a business, are you stupid or something?" I snark at him and he didn't take it too well, this man despite a business man is a hot headed easy to provoke.

"Nevermind kicking their butt, put them in the cell, some people might want to buy this annoying kid, and the woman companion she have will go in to the red district we can profit with them here." So he snap and wanted to kidnap us now, this people are simple minded. Then signal the two bulky man to capture us and the two tried to grab me.