CHAPTER 3

A grand celebration was thrown by the generous Nand, who with the advent of his son was swollen with joy and pride. Calling upon wise Brahmanas, he performed the Jaatkarm sanskaar of his child and as a token of his gratitude, Nand graciously bestowed upon them exquisite garments and precious jewels.

The news of this momentous occasion spread like wildfire, drawing friends, family, Sutas, Brahmanas, and villagers from far and wide to Nand's gate. They yearned to bestow their blessings upon the newborn and catch a glimpse of his divine presence. The air was filled with the enchanting melodies of singers, the graceful movements of dancers, the resounding beats of drums, and the triumphant echoes of conch shells.

The entire Brajmandal region was transformed into a breathtaking spectacle of vibrant colors and fragrant flowers. Every home was adorned with intricate rangolis, while majestic flags fluttered in the wind, symbolizing the birth of their esteemed mukhiya's son. Even the gentle creatures of the land, the cows, calves, and bulls, were adorned with turmeric paste and delicate flower garlands, joining in the jubilation.

A procession of cowherds emerged, bedecked in opulent garments, adorned with dazzling jewels, and draped in luxurious stolls and turbans. They arrived at Nand's courtyard, bearing an abundance of gifts in their hands, a testament to their unwavering devotion and admiration for the blessed child.

"Yashoda ji ko putra huya hai !"

Upon hearing this joyous news, the Gopis were overcome with delight. Adorned in their most exquisite garments and adorned with precious jewels, their radiant faces resembled the delicate petals of lotus flowers. Eagerly, these enchanting maidens hastened towards Yashoda's abode, bearing numerous auspicious gifts.

The glimmering gemstones embedded in their earrings and the golden necklaces they wore sparkled under the warm embrace of the sun, while the kumkum adorning their foreheads resembled the saffron of a lotus.

As they approached, the flowers adorning their braids cascaded behind them, leaving a trail of vibrant colors in their wake. However, their steps faltered and they stood transfixed, their eyes widening in awe with the dark newborn lying in the cradle.

Yashoda was completely absorbed in her son's divine countenance, her heart overflowing with such an indescribable love, that she remained oblivious to the arrival of the Gopis.

"Kitna pyara hai !"

"Isse manmohak balak maine kahi nahi dekha !"

These comments brought Yashoda out of her trance, she looked at Gopis who kept praising her son.

"Arrey arrey !" Yashoda quickly took the kohl of her eyes and dotted it on the forehead of her giggling son, "Kudrishti na lagao mere lalla ko."

"Hum kyu Kudrishti lagayenge Yashoda ji ?" A Gopi said, "Hum toh aashirwad Dene aaye hai !"

And so one by one, they began blessing the adorable baby with all their hearts.

"Chiranjeev bhava !"

"Bhagwaan iski raksha kare !"

The Gopis then began to help Yashoda in welcoming the guests. They sprinkled the auspicious water consisting of turmeric and oil, on all those who arrived to meet the son of Nand and Yashoda.

Soon Rohini arrived, dressed in resplendent garments, looking like a grihswamini, carrying her son Balram in her arms. The moment she laid eyes on the newborn, her heart swelled with love and adoration. She marveled at the sight of Yashoda's son, whose mere presence seemed to light up the entire place.

The infant Balram, gazed at Krishna with wide eyes and a toothless grin, as if he could sense the extraordinary bond that they shared. The onlookers watched in awe as the two brothers met for the first time.

Seeing the newborn reaching out to her son, the wife of Vasudev placed Balram next to him on the cradle. The son of Yashoda reached out towards the son of Rohini with chubby little hands, and the two infants were gently brought together in a tender embrace. The atmosphere became divine as Narayan and Sheshnaag met, once again as brothers.

All the types of instruments were played, mangal-geet were sung. Being overwhelmed by happiness and joy after gazing at the little form of the lord, the cowherds were lost in such a trance that they began play Holi, but with milk and makhan. Throwing and smearing butter over each other, they celebrated the anandotsav.

The Sutas, the maagadhs, and bandijans sang, danced and played various musical instruments as they honoured and felicitated Nand.

---------

"Ab mai kya karu ?" Kamsa asked worriedly.

At such a moment of adversity where his kaal has been born and is out of his reach, had the tyrant king of Bhojas consulted with the wise ministers of Mathura, a good solution could've been figured out. But the council of advisors, whom he favoured more than the wise men appointed by Ugrasen, were wicked minded ones.

Daityas like Pralambasur, Bakasur, Chanur, Mushtik, Trinavart, Aghasur, Arishtasur, Dvivid, Purana, Keshi, Dhenuk, Bhaumasur and Banasur were his companions and by nature were against the gods and with their counsel, deluded the mind of Kamsa even more.

The evil Putana said, "Bhojraj, yadi aisi baat hai toh hum aaj hi nagaro, gaavo aur ahiro ki basti mei jitne balak janm liye hai, woh chaahe 10 din se adhik ke ho ya Kam ke, sabko aaj hi maar dete hai."

"Aapke saath devtao ne chhal kiya hai." Bakasur said, "Kisi bhi samasya ko jab se khatam kar dena chahiye. Devtao ki had Vishnu hai, aur Vishnu ka jab sanatan dharm. Aur sanatan dharm ki jad hai ved, gau, Brahman, tapasya aur woh yagya jinme dakshina di jaati hai. Iss liye hume Vedvaadi Brahman, tapasviyo, yaagyik aur yagya ke padarth Dene wali Gau ka purn roop se nasht kar dena chahiye."

Trinavart said, "Bakasur ne satya kaha. Brahman, Gau, ved, tapasya, satya, indriyadaman, manonigrah, shraddha, daya, titiksha aur yagya Vishnu ke sharir hai. Inhe nasht kardiya, toh woh bhi nasht ho jaayega."

"Vishnu ke vadh ka upaaye hai, Rishiyo ka vadh !" Chanur said.

"Satyavachan." Kamsa nodded, "Jaao. Sabhi santpurusho ke prati himsa karo."

He then looked at Putna, "Aur tum.... Mathura ke nagar, gaavo, bastiyo aur anya sthaano mei janme sabhi navjaat shishuyo ka vadh kardo."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Ek toh yeh Kamsa dusht hai.... Upar se iske yeh mitra jan usse bhi adhik dusht hai 🙃

Lekin if you'd notice, Dwapar yug ka era ho, ya invasions ka time.... Violence ka ek hi pattern dekhne milta hai 🌝