CHAPTER 60

Krishna's movements were like poetry in motion, a graceful and mesmerizing display of power and grace. The cowherds watched in awe as he danced on the hood of Kaliya, his every step sending ripples of energy through the air. With each movement, he seemed to grow more and more radiant, until he shone like a god among men.

Seeing the lord dancing, his servants from the heavenly realms including the Gandharvas, Siddhas, sages, gods and goddesses, arrived there. With great pleasure they began accompanying his dance by playing drums, and making offerings of songs, flowers and prayers.

Exuding poisonous waste from his mouth and eyes, when the enraged Kaliya would dare to raise up one head, Krishna would smash that stubborn head by striking it with his feet and subdue it. In this manner, Krishna trampled upon all his hoods and broke it.

As the cowherds looked upon him, they felt a shiver run down their spines. His presence was overwhelming, his power radiating from him in waves that left them breathless and awe-struck. Tears streamed down their faces as they realized that they were in the presence of something truly divine. They fell to their knees, their hearts overflowing with love and reverence for Krishna, who had proven himself to be not just their friend and protector, but a god among men.

Soon Kaliya began to vomit blood instead of poison. He had been cleaned of the vile contamination of his mind that had been manifested as his vemon. However Krishna continued to dance, his feet never faltering as he trampled over the serpent's hoods. The cowherds watched in horror and amazement as Krishna's dance grew more frenzied, his movements a blur of speed and power.

The sky turned orange, lightning burst through the clouds, thundering echoed everywhere as Krishna kept on dancing. He danced as if he was Mahadev at the end of the world. He danced as if he was Bhagwati Durga, after killing evil. He danced as if he was Natraj who creating new universes. He danced as if he was Devi, bestowing life.

With such a heavy weight above his head, Kaliya could no longer bear it and became unconscious.

"Krishna ! Prabhu ! Daya kijiye !" The wives of Kaliya hurried their way towards Krishna, their clothing and ornaments dishevelled and hair scattered in a disarray. They had placed their children before them and bowed down to Krishna.

One of the wives said, "Aapne iss apraadhi ko jo dand diya hai, woh sarvatha uchit hai. Irshalu aur krur vyaktiyo par ankush lagane hetu hi toh aapka avtaran iss bhoomi par huya hai. Hum jaante hai ki aap itne nispaksh hai ki jab nyaaye ki baat ho toh aap apne santaano aur shatruo mei bhed nahi karenge, kyuki jab aap kisi praani ko dand dete hai toh uska antim labh apne vichaaro mei rakhte hai."

"Prabhu, aap bhautik Loko se pare hai. Aur iss liye aapko bhautik sansaar ke dukho mei ulajhne ki koi awashyakta nahi." The second wife said, "Parantu humare icchao se janme aapdao ke samadhan hetu aap apni leelaye rachte hai, iss sansaar ka srijan, palan aur bhakshan karte hai. Aap hi iss jagat ke swami hai."

The third wife said, "Aur Swami toh daas athva santaan ka ek apraadh toh kshama kar hi sakta hai na. O Shantakaram, kripiya humare murkh pati ko kshama karde, jise aapka satya pata nahi tha."

"O Parampita, hum par daya kijiye. Aap jaise sajjan, toh sadev hum Streeyo ke prati karunamayi rehte hai. Kaliya ne aisa koi punya nahi kiya jisse unhe aapke charan-renu praapt ho par aapne apne shricharan unke mastak pe rakh diye hai. Ab unke praan na jaane de." The fourth wife said.

The fifth wife said, "Hum par aur humare santaano par apni kripadrishti daaliye. Aap hume jo aadesh denge, hum, aapki daasiya, woh saharsh swikar lenge."

Thus praised by the Nagapatnis, Krishna immediately jumped down from Kaliya's hood and stood before the serpent and his wives. Kaliya slowly regain his consciousness, breathing loudly and painfully he lowered his head in submission.

He said, "Naag yoni mei janm lene ke karan hi hum jaise praani dusht, tamas-buddhi aur krodhi swabhaav ke hote hai. Swayam ke hi pravritti se uthna kathin karya hota hai. O Parameshwar, aap hi iss shrishti ke srijankarta hai, iss liye aap hi Maya se pare hai. Humare liye jo uchit ho, uska aadesh de. Dand ya kripa, jo bhi aap thik samjhe."

Krishna replied, "Kaliya, Yamuna ke pavitra jal mei tumhara koi sthaan nahi hai. Tum apne santaano, patniyo aur anya bandhijano ke saath samudra mei chale jaao. Iss nadi ka anand, hai aur manushyo ko lene do."

"Parantu Garud ?" One of the wives asked.

Krishna smiled, "Mai jaanta hu ki tum Garud ke bhaye se Ramanak chhod yaha sharan lene aaye the. Parantu ab tumhe bhayebhit hone ki awashyakta nahi. Mera vahan tumhe koi haani nahi pahuchayega kyuki tumhare mastak par mere pad-chinh hai."

Kaliya and his wives and children bowed before Krishna and circumambulated him. Offering various gifts like jewels, ornaments, ointments and flowers, they all left for the ocean. The very moment Kaliya lett, this part of the Yamuna was easily restored to her original condition, free from poison and full of Amrit like water.

Krishna rose up out of the lake wearing divine garlands, fragrances and garments, covered with many fine jewels, and decorated with gold. When the cowherds saw him they all stood up immediately, just like an unconscious person's senses coming back to life. Filled with great joy, they affectionately embraced him.

Yashoda, Rohini and Nand got back to their senses. Even the dried up trees came back to life. Balram hugged his infallible brother and laughed, as he placed Krishna on his lap, ruffling his curly locks.

"O Lalla !" Yashoda cried as she quickly scooped up her son in her arms, she embraced him repeatedly as her tears fell down in torrents.

Because the residents of Vrindavan were feeling weak from hunger, thrist and fatigue, they all decided to spent the night where they were, lying down near the banks of Yamuna. Also they were so overjoyed to get back Krishna, they didn't wish to return to their home and wanted to stay with him.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

And guys, as per Bhagwatam, this is the point from where the Brajwasis start seeing Krishna and Balram as divine beings and their saviours.

Lekin silsila yaha khatam nahi hota hai 🌝

Can anyone guess raat ko kya hoga inke saath ? 🌝✨