CHAPTER 25

The sun had just begun to rise in Shatashringa, casting a soft glow on the room where Madri lay in intense pain, her body wracked with the throes of labour. Pandu stood by her side, his face etched with concern and love, holding her hand and whispering words of encouragement. Kunti, stood on the other side, her eyes filled with worry and compassion as she stroked Madri's forehead, offering her support.

Madri's cries filled the room as she pushed with all her might, her body trembling with the effort. The midwife and the Brahman women bustled around her, offering her comfort and guidance as she fought through the pain. And then, finally, Madri gave one last gut-wrenching push.

The first baby emerged, extremely good looking even though his dark skin was glistening with sweat and amniotic fluid, his cries filling the room with life. Pandu's eyes widened with wonder as he looked upon his son, his heart swelling with love and pride. Kunti placed a gentle hand on Madri's shoulder, offering her a reassuring smile as she gazed at the newborn with awe.

And then, just moments later, the second baby emerged, his skin a stark contrast to his brother's, pale and almost translucent in the morning light. Madri let out a ragged sigh of relief, her body exhausted but her heart bursting with love for her two precious sons.

The divine invisible voice spoke again from the skies, "Yeh sundar, sahasi, aur dharmparayan putro ke gun sabhianushyo se shresht honge. Yeh dono tejasvi, roopvaan aur vaibhavshaali honge."

After bathing the newborns, the Brahman women handed them to Madri. Exhausted but radiant, she cradled her twin boys in her arms for the first time. She sighed in delight, her heart overflowing with love and joy at the sight of her precious sons.

As Madri gazed down at the tiny, perfect faces of her babies, she felt a deep sense of fulfillment and contentment. She had longed for motherhood for so long, and now her wish had finally been fulfilled. However, as Madri basked in the bliss of motherhood, she was startled by the sight of Kunti standing in the doorway, her expression one of disappointment and disapproval.

Kunti had entrusted the mantra to her, thinking that she too may have a son. However Madri had fooled her and summoned the twin gods Ashwin kumaras. Summoning two gods led to the fruit of the mantra also being doubled, and hence twin sons were born to her. Kunti was happy at the birth of the babies, but she was hurt at the fact that Madri had gotten the best of her.

Madri's eyes met Kunti's, and she saw the hurt and betrayal reflected in her cowife's gaze. Unable to bear the weight of Kunti's disappointment, Madri lowered her eyes, unable to look at her. She knew she had deceived her co-wife and had gone against her wishes, but the overwhelming desire for motherhood and her husband's love had clouded her judgment.

-------

Nakul and Sahdev.

The inhabitants of the Shatashringa mountains performed the rites of birth of Madri's sons and affectionately named them.

The night was quiet and serene, the moon casting a soft glow over the sleeping Shatashringa. Madri sat on the mat, holding her newborn twins Nakul and Sahdev in her arms. The babies were fast asleep, their tiny chests rising and falling rhythmically with each breath.

Yudhishthir, Bheem, and Arjun, stood nearby, their curious eyes fixed on the sleeping babies. Yudhishthir, the oldest at four years old, was trying to contain his excitement as he looked at the twins. Bheem, at three years old, was fidgeting with his toy sword, while one-year-old Arjun was curiously gazing at them.

"Aise kya dekh rahe ho ?" Madri asked looking at the energetic sons of Kunti.

Yudhishthir said, "Apne bhaiyo ko. Dono atyant pyaare hai."

Unable to supress his urge, Bheem asked, "Chhoti maa, kya hum inke saath khel sakte hai ?"

"Nahi nahi ! Kadapi nahi !" Madri shook her head.

The little Arjun, who had just started to pick up on some words, managed to ask, "Kyu ?"

Madri firmly said, "Mere putra abhi bahut chhote aur komal hai. Inhe chot bhi lag sakti hai."

She glanced down at her sons, cradling them with utmost care, and then looked back at the Kaunteyas, "Raatri bahut ho gayi. Jaake so jaao. Anyatha mere putro ke nidra mei bhi vighn padega." She told them.

The young boys looked disappointed, but they obediently retreated, their little faces filled with hurt.

Outside the humble hut, Pandu stood alongside Kunti, engaged in a heartfelt conversation about Madri. The air was heavy with tension, as Kunti's emotions threatened to spill over.

"Shubhey, yadi Madri ko ek aur-" Pandu began, but before he could finish his sentence, Kunti interrupted him, her head shaking in a resolute no.

"Mai ne Madri ko mantra ka rahasya keval ek baar prayog karne ko diya tha," Kunti explained, her voice tinged with disappointment. "Parantu usne do devtao ko bula ke mujhe chhala hai. Yeh streeyo ka durachaar hai. Mai hi murkh thi jo nahi jaanti thi ki do devtao ko bulane se fal bhi dugna ho jaayega. Iss liye aaj mai aapse ek vardaan maangti hu, iss mantra ka prayog karne ke liye mujhe dubara kabhi mat boliyega."

Pandu remained silent, his heart heavy with the knowledge that Kunti felt hurt and betrayed. He understood her pain all too well. "Uchit hai," he finally uttered. After all, he had already been blessed with five extraordinary sons, and he knew there was no need to ask for more.

Yudhishthir, Bheem, Arjun, Nakul and Sahdev were definitely going to be the lamp of Dharm of their lineage.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

And hence the five Pandavas were born ✨✨

Btw.... Madri never loved Pandavas as dearly as she loved Nakul Sahdev, however Kunti never discriminated between her sons and Madreyas. That is also why, Madri asks do to sati instead of Kunti -

It's hard to entrust your children with anyone even more a moment, yet here Madri, who is about to do sati, who is about to permanently leave her sons, trusts Kunti enough, (given their rivalry and bad relation) that she would love and treat Nakul...

It's hard to entrust your children with anyone even more a moment, yet here Madri, who is about to do sati, who is about to permanently leave her sons, trusts Kunti enough, (given their rivalry and bad relation) that she would love and treat Nakul Sahdev as dearly as her own.

That is the greatness of Kunti.