CHAPTER 44

The late morning sun shone brightly over the lush green fields where Krishna, Balram, and their friends were out grazing the calves. The gentle breeze carried the sweet scent of flowers as the group of boys laughed and played, their voices echoing through the meadows.

As they made their way towards the Yamuna river, the calves eagerly trotted ahead, their bells tinkling in the distance. The crystal-clear waters of the river sparkled in the sunlight, inviting the boys to come closer. Krishna and Balram led the way, their bare feet splashing in the cool water as they guided the calves to the riverbank.

The calves eagerly lapped up the refreshing water, their tails swishing happily as they drank. The boys laughed and joked as they too drank the refreshing water, feeling rejuvenated by the natural beauty surrounding them. The sound of the flowing river and the gentle rustling of the trees created a peaceful atmosphere, making it a perfect spot to relax and unwind.

However, their joy was short-lived as a dreadful shadow loomed over them.

"W-Woh kya hai !" Sudama pointed towards the other side of the river.

Perched on top of a tall tree was a massive heron bird, its eyes fixed on them like a predator stalking its prey. It was giant, as if a rock had fallen from a mountain after getting hit by Indra's vajra.

It was none other than Bakasur, sent by Kamsa to find his kaal and kill him. Disguised in the form of a bird, the Asur's piercing eyes were fixed on the cowherds who felt a chill run down their spines as they realized they were in the presence of danger.

"Arrey bhaago ! Anyatha yeh hum sabko kha jaayega !" Sridama said.

"Mere hote bhayebhit kyu hote ho ?" Krishna said calmly as he stood up, "Yeh toh ek sadharan sa bagula hai."

Bakasur stared at him, 'Aisa tej... Aisi nidarta, ho na ho yahi woh Narayan hai.' he thought.

Without hesitation, the Asur flew down from the tree and swooped up Krishna in one swift motion, swallowing him whole. The boys were frozen in shock and disbelief at what had just happened.

The bewildered Balram shouted, "KANHA !"

He and the cowherd boys became miserable like the senses of a lifeless body. Tears rolled down their cheeks like torrents and though they were awake, they seemed unconscious.

Bakasur let out a triumphant caw as he savored his victory, but soon he began to feel a strange sensation in his throat. Something was stuck, and try as he might, he couldn't dislodge it.

Krishna, who was holding onto the insides of Bakasur's long neck, became like fire. He who was always as soft as a lotus, began burning the root of the daitya's throat. The mighty bird thrashed about in agony, and immediately disgorged the lord.

When Bakasur saw that Krishna, although having been swallowed was unharmed, the Asur immediately attacked him again with his sharp beak.

However this time, he captured the daitya by the two halves of his beak. And in the presence of all the cowherd boys, Krishna with grunt, tore apart Bakasur like how a child splits the blade of a grass.

And by thus putting an end to Bakasur's terror, the residents of heaven were pleased. A shower of flowers fell upon Krishna, which was followed by the sounds of kettledrums, conchshells and chants that offered prayers. Seeing this the boys were struck with wonder.

Krishna glanced at them with a smile, "Maine kaha tha na mitro, bhayebhit hone ki koi baat nahi hai."

The boys wasted no time and rushed to Krishna, embracing him again and again. Just as the senses are pacified when consciousness and life return, seeing their dear friend free from danger Balram and the cowherd boys felt their life had been restored.

"Aisa punah mat karna, Kanha." Balram said as he kept hugging his brother tightly.

Krishna smiled, "Arrey Dau, mujhe kya ho sakta hai ?"

Balram looked at him with an angry pout, "Natkhat, tere karan mere praan nikal jaayenge ek din."

Krishna chuckled at the love that his elder brother had for him.

Madhumangal said, "Chalo ghar chalte hai. Aaj ke liye bahut ho gaya."

"Ha ha. Ghar chalte hai." Vijayaksh agreed.

Bhadrasen said, "Aur Vrindavan mei sabhi ko batate hai. Sab chakit reh jaayenge !"

-------

Once the cowherd boys returned to braj-bhoomi, they declared the feat of Krishna being swallowed by Bakasur, the Asur realising him, and ultimately meeting his death.

When the Gop and Gopis heard about this, they were completely astonished. They looked upon Krishna, who innocently stared back at them in such a manner, that they did not desire to turn their eyes aside.

One Gop said, "Yeh badi ashcharya ki baat hai, Nandraj. Aapka putra baar baar mrityu ke mukh se laut ata hai."

Nand didn't say a word and just kept contemplating the killing of Bakasur at the hands of his young son.

A Gopi chimed in, "Kyuki humara Krishna itna abodh aur bhola hai, jo paapi Asur iska annt chaahta hai, woh swayam apne annt ko praapt kar leta hai."

"Yeh toh Bhagwaan ki paramkripa hai." Anothet Gopi said.

Nand tried to make sense of the situation and thought innocently, 'Kadachit Krishna ne inn asuro ka vadh poorv mei Kiya hoga. Tab hi yeh sab punah janm le, pratishod lene aa rahe hai."

A sense of worry gnawed at him, but seeing the face of his son, his aura, his excellence, a feeling of reassurance filled him.

'Jo Gargacharya ne kaha, woh satya pratit hota hai. Krishna swayam Agni hai. Aur yeh Asur patangey, jo Agni ki oor akarshit ho swayam bhasm ho jaate hai.' He thought.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Okay so... *Crosses Bakasur's name from the list* Five more to kill~

Also.... In yesterday's chapter.... You masoom people were so.... Surprised if I may say....

GUYS SRISRI HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE SATYUG, AND ITS DWAPAR NOW..... DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT ?!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

THEY ARE HUSBAND AND WIFE ! OF COURSE EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS BETWEEN A COUPLE IS BOUND TO HAPPEN BETWEEN THEM, REGARDLESS OF THE FACT THAT I MENTION IT OR NOT 🤣🤣🤣

Mujhe jo hasi aa rahi thi kal-🤣