CHAPTER 76

With the cowherd boys by their side, the brahaman women embarked on a hasty journey through the dense forest, tears kept falling endlessly from their eyes, their colorful garments were billowing behind them as they ran with swift strides, clutching the baskets of food tightly in their hands. The forest echoed with the sound of their anklets, the rustling of their clothes, and the fervent chanting of Krishna's name.

Along the river Yamuna, within a garden decorated with buds of ashoka trees, they caught sight of him strolling along in the company Balram.

His skin was as dark as the stormy blue clouds that bring life-giving rain, and his attire shimmered in shades of gold. Adorned with a peacock feather, vibrant minerals, delicate flower buds, and a garland of wild forest blooms, he looked like a dramatic dancer.

With one hand resting casually on Balram's shoulder, he twirled a lotus flower with the other. Lily blossoms adorned his ears, his curly locks cascaded over his cheeks, and his face, as beautiful as a lotus flower, was illuminated by a captivating smile.

He compassionate gaze then fell over them. And this moment was what their souls had been yearning for desperately. For a long time the Brahman ladies had heard about Krishna, their beloved, and his glories had become the constant ornaments of their ears, making their minds always absorbed in him.

Through the apertures of their eyes they now forced him to enter within their hearts. Without a word, Krishna opened his arms wide, a smile playing on his lips. And in that moment, the Brahman women ran into his embrace, tears of joy streaming down their cheeks. And then they embraced him within for a long time. In this way they finally gave up the pain of separation from Him, just as sages give up the anxiety of false ego by embracing their innermost consciousness.

Krishna, who always observes everyone's thoughts, knew that these women had abandoned all worldly hopes and had come to simply see him.

With a smile on his face, he addressed them, "Swagat hai deviyo, sthaan grahan karo. Aur batao, mai tumhari sewa mei kya kar sakta hu ? Isme sandeh nahi ki sansaar mei jitne buddhimaan log hai, woh sadev mujhe apne priyatam ke bhaati prem karte hai."

Pausing for a moment, thinking of their well-being and happiness, he said, "Aatma ke sampark se hi jeev ka praan, buddhi, man, mitragan, tan, santaan, patni, sampatti, ityadi use priya lagte hai. Iss liye tum yagnasthal laut jaao, tumhare vidvaan patiyo ko yagna hetu tumhari sahayata chahiye."

"Prabhu aap aise katuvachan na kahiye." The women replied, "Hume aapke charan praapt ho gaye hai, ab hume lautne ko na kahe. Bas hume yaha van mei rehne de, aur aapka gun-gaan karne de. Waise bhi ab humare pati aur parivaar-jan hume swikarenge nahi. Aapke alawa hume kaun sharan dega ?"

Krishna smiled, "Mera vishwas karo. Tumhare pati aur parivaar-jan tumhari upeksha nahi karenge. Woh sab aur samast samaaj tumhari vandana karega. Mere saath iss prakar rehne se tum apni bhakti aur prem ko aage nahi badha paaogi. Iss liye apne ghar laut jaao, aur apne man ko mujhe samarpit kardo. Jisse tum sabhi, sadev ke liye, mujhe shigreh praapt kar sakogi."

Though they wished to stay with Krishna forever, he gently reminded them of their duties and responsibilities back home. Reluctantly, but with Krishna's presence etched in their minds and hearts, the women bid farewell and began their journey back.

Reaching yagnashala they saw what Krishna had said became true. Their husbands, parents, sons and relatives accepted them. They had been shaken to the core, when the woman they had locked in their home had dropped dead, breaking physical bonds to unite with Krishna.

The Brahmanas had realised their folly of thinking Krishna to be an ordinary boy. Taking a note of the devotion of their wives and then seeing their own lack of devotion, they became sorrowful and condemned themselves. For everything was useless, birth, rituals, knowledge, if it doesn't help one to realise the supreme truth.

Their saw how their wives who had not undergone austerities, followed the strict code of Brahmacharya, nor speculated on the nature of self, neither followed the formalities of cleanliness or pious rituals, had attained the supreme truth just by their pure devotion. While they on the other hand, who had done all the above mentioned rites with excellence, failed due to their lack of devotion.

The Brahman men wished to see Krishna as well, however recognising him to be the one who would be the death of Kamsa, they feared the wrath of the tyrant king and abstained from going to him.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

चतुराई चोपट करे, ज्ञानी गोते खाए
भोले भाले लोगन को, नारायण मिल जाए

Although I had not known the story of Brahman women prior to reading Bhagwatam, I can say this easily became one of my favourite pastime of Krishna 😍🙏✨

Because it shows you don't need to perform difficult austerities to attain him. You just need to have devotion and completely surrender your mind to him.

NOW I'LL PUBLISH ON 25th, my exams are coming up.