CHAPTER 81

Seven nights had passed. The relentless rain and thunderstorms constantly pounded Vrindavan, the once lush and serene land was now a sea of chaos and destruction. As the storm raged on, the inhabitants of Vrindavan and Barsana found solace and safety under the protective shadow of Govardhan, thanks to the unwavering determination and strength of Krishna, who stood holding the mountain like a pillar.

As the days passed, Krishna's actions had pacified Indra's anger. The once enraged king of gods now looked upon the scene with a sense of awe and admiration for the young cowherd boy who had stood up to him. Eventually, the storm subsided, and the sun emerged once again, casting a warm glow over the rejuvenated village of Vrindavan.

Freed from exhaustion, the cows returned to their respective places, following the appointed paths. Vraja returned to its earlier spot. Krishna restored the best among mountains to its rightful place. Indra, the granter of boons, was pleased.

Shakra was astounded and wished to meet Krishna. He ascended the elephant Airavat, arrived on earth. Puruhuta Purandara saw that Krishna, unsullied in his deeds, was seated on a rock near Govardhana. He saw the child, blazing in great energy and undecaying in his radiance. Indra recognized Bhagwaan Vishnu, attired in the garb of a gopa. He was as dark as a palm tree and was marked with the srivatsa sign.

Indra approached Krishna with a mixture of awe and shame in his eyes. He knelt down before the young cowherd boy, his head bowed in humility and hands joined in supplication.

Krishna, with a gentle smile on his face, reached out a hand to lift Indra to his feet. And in that moment, Indra felt the weight of his actions lifted from his shoulders.

In a delicate and celestial voice, Indra spoke, "O Krishna.... O Mahabahu.... O kuldeepak.... Aapne yeh jo leela ki hai woh devtao ke liye bhi asambhav hai. Aapne apne bhakto ko ki uss Samvartak megho se raksha ki hai jo shrishti ka annt karte hai. Apne yagna rukne par mai krodhit ho gaya tha. Aur krodh mei na jaane kaise soch liya ki mai aapki barabari kar sakta hu.... Mujhe kshama kare Krishna."

Krishna smiled, while Indra gazed at him with awe, "Mujhe ashcharya hai ki aap manushya ka tan dharan karke bhi, apni Vaishnav shaktiyo ka saralta se prayog kar paa rahe hai. Satya hai ki aap devtao mei shresht hai, aur aap hi anant hai."

Indra summoned a golden pot filled with divine milk of Kaamdhenu, "Aapne jis prakaar apne gaaiyo ki raksha ki hai, waisa koi nahi kar sakta tha. Iss liye aaj se, aap bhi Indra huye. Indra woh hai, jo shresht hai, jo swami hai, jo raksha karta hai. Mai devtao ke liye Indra hu, aur aap Gaaiyo ke liye Indra. Sabhi lok aur prithvi, aapko Govind keh kar aradhegi."

Indra then sprinkled the milk over Krishna, consecrating him to be the Indra for cows. The milk shimmered in the sunlight, creating a halo of light around Krishna's head as a symbol of his new role as the protector and provider for all cattle. Krishna smiled warmly at Indra, his eyes filled with compassion and forgiveness.

"Krishna, yeh tha mera yaha aane ka pratham udeshya. Ab dusra udeshya suniye." Indra said.

Krishna looked at him curiously, as the king of gods, said, "Apke pita ki behen ke garbh se mera putra janma hai, jo puratan kaal se aapka saathi hai. Arjun."

Hearing the name, a smile of delight appeared on Krishna's face as Indra continued, "Woh Bharatkul mei, dharm ki sthaapna hetu janma hai. Kripiya uska rakshan karna, uska sammaan karna aur use apna sakha bana lena. Jis prakar mujhe yugo se aapki kripa praapt hai, use bhi praapt ho. Jis prakar aapko mai priya hu, woh bhi aapka priya bane. O Purushottam, aapke aur Arjun ke saath se, sabhi adharmi kshatriyo ka annt hoga. Mere liye, ek Guru ke bhaati, kripiya use yog ka gyaan awashya dena. Aapse toh bhavishya chhupa nahi, aap toh jaante hi hai ki Arjun ki vijay se dharm ka suryoday hoga."

Krishna, who had become Govind, heard Indra’s words. Pleased in his mind, he spoke, "Sachipati, tumhare yaha aane se mai anandit huya hu. Aur jo tumhe kaha hai woh satya hai. Mai jaanta hu Arjun ko. Mai jaanta hu Bua Kunti ke putra Yudhishthir aur Bheem ko. Mai Madri ke putra Nakul aur Sahdev ko bhi jaanta hu. Avivahit Kunti ke garbh se janme, Surya ke putra Vasusen ke baare mei bhi mujhe gyaan hai. Mai jaanta hu Pandu ko aur uske shraap ko. Mai jaanta hu Dhritrashtra ko aur uske sabhi putro ko."

Smilingly Krishna said, "Indra, tum nirbhaye hoke swarg lauto. Mere samaksh Arjun ka ek shatru bhi apna samarthya nahi dikha paayega. Arjun ke bhale ke liye, sabhi Pandav jeevit rahenge Maha-yudh ke baad bhi. O Shakra, tum mujhe ati-priya ho, iss liye chinta na karo. Ek sevak ki tarah mai wahi karunga jo Arjun mujhse kahega."

And so, with his heart full of gratitude and reverence, Indra bowed once more to Krishna before returning to his heavenly abode.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

The reason why I chose this story to be from Harivamsha is exactly because of Indra asking Krishna's favour to be upon Arjun.

How sweet is that ! 😍❤️✨