CHAPTER 101

In Kamsa's grand court, the air was thick with tension as the tyrant king paced back and forth restlessly. His usually composed demeanor was marred by a look of deep anxiety etched on his face. The information given by Narad Muni about Krishna, the one prophesied to bring about his downfall, was sending shivers down his spine.

His mind raced with thoughts of how to outwit destiny, but fear gnawed at his insides, making it impossible to find solace. The once mighty king now appeared vulnerable, his aura of invincibility shattered by the mere mention of Krishna's name.

"Maharaj, aap sarvashaktishaali Kamsa hai. Woh Krishna aapka kuch nahi bigaad sakta."

"Jab hum jaise Mahabali aapke paksh mei hai, toh aapko chinta kis baat ki ?"

His wicked ministers, eager to pacify their disturbed king, offer hollow reassurances and false promises of protection. In contrast, the righteous ministers sat in silence, their disapproval evident in their steadfast gazes.

Suddenly, a mighty Asur strides into the court, drawing all eyes towards him. The smiles of Chanur, Mushtik and others widen at the sight of the Asur, knowing his strength and malevolence. However, Akrur, Satyaki and other ministers exchange worried glances, sensing trouble.

"Mathura-naresh ko Keshi ka pranaam." He approached Kamsa with a deep bow, his presence commanding respect. Kamsa, though still uneasy, finds a semblance of relief in the Asur's arrival.

Kamsa ordered immediately, "Shigreh vrajbhoomi jaakar, Krishna aur Balram ka vadh kardo !"

"Jaisi aapki aagya." A sinister smirk played on Keshi's lips as he bowed low before the king, his eyes glinting with malevolence.

With a nod from Kamsa, Keshi turned on his heel and left the chamber, his heavy footsteps echoing ominously in the stillness.

Turning to his loyal commanders, Chanur, Mushtik, Shala and Toshala, Kamsa's voice gains a hint of cruel determination, "Ek dhanu-yagya ka aayojan karo."

"Yagya ? Aur aap ?" Chanur asked in disbelief.

Kamsa shook his head, "Murkh, dhanu-yagya toh ek bahana hai. Iss yagya mei hum Krishna aur Balram ko bulayenge. Malyudh ka awahan de, tum aur Mushtik unka annt kar dena..... Kuvalyapida ko bhi wahi khada kar denge, jisse wahi unn dono ko kuchal de... Chaturdasi ke din yeh dhanuyagya ka ayojan kar, upyukt pashubali dekar, Mahadev ko sammanit karne ka prabandh karo." He said restlessly.

Mushtik said, "Kintu Rajan, Keshi toh gaya hai na."

"Keshi se pehle kitne gaye hai ?! Mujhe nahi vishwas ki usse bhi kuch ho paayega !" Kamsa yelled.

Chanur reminded, "Maharaj, Vyomasur bhi toh hai."

Kamsa fell silent for a moment, "Ha.... Ha.... Vyomasur bhi toh hai.... Keshi se kuch na huya toh use bhej dunga..." He said.

Akrur, Satyak, Bhurishrava, Daruk, and others exchanged worried glances as they watched Kamsa, a once-powerful ruler now consumed by paranoia and dread, his actions driven by a fear that had stripped him of reason.

---------

In the dimly-lit prison cell, Devaki sat huddled in a corner, her eyes fixed on the small, barred window that offered a glimpse of the outside world. Beside her, Vasudev stood tall, his eyes filled with a quiet determination, despite the cruel taunts of the guards echoing outside.

"Maharaj Kamsa se droh karne ka dussahas kiya."

"Mathura mei reh ke, yaha ke Maharaj ka sammaan nahi kar sake !"

"Dekho toh, ansh maatra bhi lajja nahi hai dono mei."

Their words fell upon Vasudev like stones, but he remained as steadfast and forgiving as the earth itself. His belief in the prophecy and the power of the divine never wavered, even in the face of adversity.

The boisterous guards gradually fell silent, their mocking laughter fading into an uneasy stillness. As the hours passed, Devaki and Vasudev found solace in each other's presence, drawing strength from their bond and the belief that one day, their son would come to set them free.

With a heavy heart, Vasudev lowered himself to sit beside Devaki, his head bowed in frustration. The weight of their situation bore down heavily upon him, the injustice of their imprisonment becoming increasingly unbearable.

"Niraash mat hoyiye, Arya." Devaki said softly, "Narayan kathin pariksha awashya lete hai, kintu woh swayam kathor nahi."

"Jaanta hu....." Vasudev sighed, "Jaanta hu ki Vishnu itne bhi nirdayi nahi ki hume iss haal par chhod de. Woh apne bhakto ko bachane awashya aayenge."

Despite the harsh realities of their situation, Devaki and Vasudev found moments of peace within the stillness of the cell, drawing strength from each other's unwavering resolve and the unbreakable bond with the gods.

"Krishna aur Balram awashya aayenge." Devaki said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Mamu chhatpata rahe hai, bina paani ke macchli ke bhaati 🌝