CHAPTER 41

As the sun slipped below the horizon, bathing her room in dusky twilight, Radha sat amidst her eight dearest friends. Their chatter filled the air as gentle hands unwound her braid, combing through the dark waves of her hair. Radha closed her eyes, letting the soothing sensations carry her away.

Suddenly, a haunting melody drifted through the open window - the tender notes of a flute dancing on the evening breeze. Radha's eyes flew open, her heart skipping a beat. That melody called to her, irresistible as a lover's invitation. Without a word, she rose and glided from the room, heedless of her friends' cries.

"Radha !"

"Sakhi !"

They called out to her, followed her, trying to stop her, but couldn't. Radha flew through the mansion's halls, the flute's song pulling her like a magnet. Her bare feet carried her across the moonlit lawns until she came upon a sheltering tree. There beneath its branches sat Krishna over a rock, eyes closed as his fingers coaxed that heavenly tune from the flute. The rays of the setting sun were illuminating him in the darkness.

Around him his friends were seated on the ground, lost in his tunes. The calves slowly approached the place, knowing their lord was calling upon them, and it was time to go home. The birds who were flying around in the sky, now sat on top of the tree, nestled against each other in a peaceful stillness. Even peacocks and deers had gathered from far and wide forests of Vrindavan, drawn to the melody.

Unable to look away, she drifted closer, drawn in by the spell of the music - and the one who made it. With eyes that were half closed in love, Radha walked towards Krishna, the jingling sound of her anklets mingling with the tunes of his flute, creating a symphony of divine love.

As she settled down beside the rock on which he sat, she gently placed her hands upon it, rested her head upon them, closed her eyes, and surrendered herself to the captivating melody of his flute. Each note unlocked the chains that had once bound her, freeing her soul from the shackles of material world. In this sacred moment, nothing else existed but the divine music and its player.

And just as gently as the melody had become, it came to end. Radha was still lost in a trance, when she felt a soft hand placing itself on her chin.

"Radhey ?" Krishna's soft voice made her open her eyes.

Seeing his face, illuminated by the rays of the setting sun, making it glow like a gemstone, a small smile appeared on her face. All she could do was stare at him with utmost love.

Suddenly she was brought out of her trance when Krishna wiped away her tears, which she didn't even realise had escaped from her eyes. Radha blinked a few times, gently rubbing her eyes. She looked sideways and saw all his friends, his calves and other animals seemed to be looking at them both with some sort of reverence in their eyes.

"Radha ! O Radha !" The voice of her friends fell over her ears.

Vishakha asked, "Yaha kyu aayi aap swamini ?"

Radha didn't say a word. She had no answer to give. Maybe she had, but she didn't have words to put it perfectly.

Lalita said, "Chaliye sakhi, raatri ho jaayegi toh Vrishbhanu baba chinta karenge."

And suddenly all the worldly bonds seemed to have shackled themselves once again, at the mention of her father and the worry of his reputation which she needed to maintain as his daughter. She stood up, but Krishna caught her wrist in his hand, causing her to turn and look at him.

"Tumhari iccha toh rukne ki hai na Radhey ?" He asked.

She lowered her gaze, "Hai toh sahi. Par log baate banayenge." She said as she released her hand from his grip and went to her friends.

Krishna stared at Radha as her friends took her away.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

The best symbolism of the Radha Krishna relation, in my opinion is this :-

Radha - Aatma
Krishna - Paramatma

Aatma always wants to be with Paramatma, but worldly and materialistic bonds, worries and desires prevent aatma from doing so.

But the more aatma tries to be closer to paramatma, thinking about him and him only, the worldly bonds break and frees the soul. And once the aatma is free, it forever becomes one with Paramatma.

ALSO - Now I'll publish on 13th March 2024, because my exams are coming up.

Jai Shri Radha Krishna 🙏