CHAPTER 64

The sun shone brightly overhead as Krishna and Balram lounged in the grassy meadow with their fellow cowherd friends, their herd grazing peacefully nearby. Amarsri and Srinav, in their young forms, were having much fun with the games that they all were playing.

"Ab kya khele ?" Subala asked.

As they debated new games, a stranger approached - Pralambasur, disguised as a young cowherd boy. Amarsri and Srinav exchanged knowing glances, recognizing at once that this was no ordinary child, but an Asur in disguise, who had come with a malevolent intention.

"Kya mai tum sabhi ke saath krida kar sakta hu ?" He asked with false sweetness.

As Krishna's serene but piercing gaze fell upon him, Pralamb felt a chill run down his spine. Though he appeared as a mere child, Krishna's eyes held wisdom and power beyond Pralamb's wicked comprehension. His beady eyes nervously darted around, unable to meet the gaze of Krishna. Uneasy but stubbornly clinging to his evil purpose, the Asur waited with baited breath for his response.

Krishna then smiled, "Awashya. Pehle apna naam toh batao." He asked.

"P-Pralamb." The disguised asur answered.

The boys exchanged puzzled glances, they had never seen Pralamb in Vrindavan. Who was he ? Where did he come from ? Perhaps he was a relative of some cowherd boy. Thinking like so, the boys showed no objection in including him.

"Batao Krishna, hum kya khele ?" Balram asked.

Krishna thought for a moment, before saying, "Chalo do tukdi banate hai, aur khelte. Jo haarega, woh jeetne wali tukdi ko apne pith par baitha ke Bhandir tak le jaayega aur wapas laayega."

Subala suggested, "Toh fir Krishna aur Balram ke netritva mei hum do tukdiyo mei vibhajit honge."

"Ha yeh uchit rahega !" Everyone agreed in unison.

Choosing Krishna and Balram as their leaders, the cowherd boys divided themselves into two groups.

"Amarsri !" Balram took the opportunity and grabbed her hand, "Tum mere paksh aa jao."

"Uchit hai." She agreed without much thought.

However Krishna casted a look of annoyance at Balram, who was grinning victoriously. Therefore to get back on him, Krishna grabbed Srinav, who was about to go to Balram's side.

"Tum mere paksh raho." He said.

Srinav frowned, "Kintu Amarsri waha hai."

"Mere paksh mei kaate nahi lage hai, vats." Krishna said as he pulled Srinav to his side, despite his protests and complaints.

Pralamb observed silent as he watched the children choosing their teams. Just in a few moments he had come to know that both Krishna and Balram were no ordinary, and must be dealt with keeping that in mind.

'Inn dono balako ka haran karna padega.' Pralambasur thought.

"Vichaar hi karte rahoge, ya kuch karoge bhi ?" Krishna's voice brought him out of his thoughts.

Pralambasur gazed at him nervously, "T-Tatparya ?"

"Itna bhayebhit kyu ho ? Jaise maine tumhare man mei chal rahe kuvichaaro ko padh liya ?" Krishna asked with a smile.

The cowherd boys laughed thinking it to be their friend's usual jest. However the Asur gulped, knowing that what Krishna said wasn't a question. Fear of clutching his heart, because he knew the one in front of him was the killer of several asuras, some more powerful than him.

"Aao idhar. Mere piche khade ho jaao." Krishna said.

Pralamb nodded and quickly went towards him and stood behind like he was instructed. The two team had agreed upon a game of tug of war, utilizing the ropes they had brought to tether the cows. They deftly knotted the ropes together, ensuring the length was just right for the game ahead. A line of demarcation was drawn in the dirt, a boundary that, if crossed, would spell defeat.

Excitement filled the air as Balram confidently grasped the sturdy rope, with Amarsri standing behind him, followed by Sridama and the rest of their team. Krishna joined in, wrapping the coarse rope around his slender hands with a playful smile on his lips. Behind him stood the Pralambasur, and behind Pralamb  stood Srinav, and behind him the rest of the cowherd boys.

As the game commenced, both the teams began to tug on the rope, pulling with all their might to make the opponents cross the line. Pralambasur though he held the rope with false bravado, was trembling internally. He felt Krishna's divine energy coursing through the rope, an overwhelming tidal wave of spiritual power that made his knees buckle.

As Krishna exerted himself, the rope burned Pralambasur's hands. He wanted to let go, to flee from this divine being, but found himself compelled to hold on even as Krishna's energy flooded his body and spirit.

"Dau ! Vijay humari honi chahiye !" Sridama said.

"Vijay toh humari hi hogi !" Subala said.

Both the teams were struggling to pull the other team on the edge. Balram turned his head and whispered to Amarsri, "Yudh-kaushala, apna kaushal dikhao."

"Yudh-bhoomi thodi hai." She replied in whispers as well.

Balram groaned as he pulled, "Isko hi yudh-bhoomi samajhlo !" He said.

Amarsri smiled in agreement. Summoning her divine might, she pulled the rope so hard that the opponent team was caught off-guard and they all were pulled through the line, some even falling down. Krishna still kept smiling, for this is what he had wanted.

"Hum vijayi huye !" Balram's team cheered.

Sridama said excitedly, "Krishna, ab tumhare paksh ko hume Bhandir tak sawari deni padegi."

"Ha ha, mujhe pata hai." Krishna smiled.

He went towards Sridama and knelt down, offering his friend to have a ride on his back. Sridama was delighted and quickly mounted himself on Krishna.

"Srinav, tum meri sawari bano." Balram said.

However Srinav shook his head, "Nahi. Mai sirf Amarsri ko hi apne pith par baithayunga."

Balram deadpanned at him, while he just shrugged his shoulders with a smug smile. He came towards Amarsri and knelt down, allowing her to mount on his back. Balram sighed as he looked around, wondering who can give him a ride.

Pralamb stepped forward, he had now understood that Krishna was the cosmic lord incarnate, and against such godly might he stood no chance. Therefore he chose to target Balram, whom he thought would be easy to deal with.

"Tum meri sawari karlo, Balram." He offered.

Balram agreed, "Uchit hai."

And so the victorious team got mounted on the backs of the defeated team. And they rushed to the Bhandir van.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE PRALAMB 🤣🤣

Woh Dau hai Dau ! Ghasitate kam aur maarte zyada hai ! 🤣🔥

Also, Krishna Balram aur Satyashree ka glimpse 🌝
Btw, here's an art I made of the three -

Krishna - Remember when you used to be this tall ?Balram - And pick chariots up ? Satyashree - (⁠눈⁠‸⁠눈⁠)

Balram - And pick chariots up ?
Satyashree - (⁠눈⁠‸⁠눈⁠)

It's gonna be hard being the youngest one among the Yadavas, especially when your elder cousins are Krishna and Balram 🤣