CHAPTER 40

The morning sun had just started to peek through the trees as Krishna and Balram, along with their friends Madhumangal, Subala, Sridama, Bhadrasen, and Vijayaksh, tiptoed through the village streets. Their mission was clear - to sneak into an elder Gopi's home and raid the storehouse for the delicious butter that was stored there.

With a mischievous glint in their eyes, they carefully opened the door and crept inside. Making their way to the storehouse, the group moved stealthily, trying not to make a sound. As they reached the storehouse, they found the door slightly ajar, and with a silent cheer, they slipped inside.

The storehouse was filled with rows and rows of pots filled with creamy, golden butter. The scent of the butter filled the air, making their mouths water in anticipation.

"Kya makhan hai !" Madhumangal said hungrily.

Krishna chuckled, "Toh khaao na. Sab humara hi hai."

Without wasting a moment, they began to indulge themselves, gobbling up handfuls of butter and guzzling down the buttermilk, making a mess as they went. Their laughter and chatter echoed through the storehouse as they reveled in their mischief, completely oblivious to the chaos they were causing.

"Aha ha ! Kitna swadisht hai !" Balram beamed enjoying the butter.

Drinking the buttermilk, Sridama said, "Kitna sheetal hai."

"Amrit hai." Subala said.

But their fun was short-lived, as the sound of footsteps suddenly filled the air. The elder Gopi had heard the commotion and had come to investigate, only to find the group of young boys wreaking havoc in her storehouse.

She stood in the doorway, her eyes wide with shock and disbelief as she took in the scene before her. Butter smeared on their faces and clothes, empty jars strewn about, and the floor slick with buttermilk.

"Hey Narayan !" She exclaimed, causing the boys to look hai her.

They gulped, "Hey Narayan."

"BHAAGO !" Krishna said.

They all jumped up and quickly made their escape through a window, leaving the Gopi chasing after them in vain. As they dashed through the fields, laughing and joking, Krishna glanced back to see the Gopi standing in the distance, shaking her head in disbelief. Oh, the mischief they caused !

"Aaj toh Baal Baal bache." Vijayaksh said.

Bhadrasen nodded, "Pakde jaate toh bahut maar padti."

------

The sun was high in the sky, casting a warm golden glow over the fields as Krishna and Balram along with their friends tended to their calves. They had already caused quite a stir after stealing butter from that elder gopi, and now they were feeling mischievous once again.

As they roamed the fields, joking around, they spotted three young girls walking away in the distance, their faces obscured by the pots they carried on their heads.

Subala asked, "Kya lagta hai, unke matko mei kya hoga ?"

"Jal hi hoga." Balram said.

Sridama thought otherwise, "Kahi dugdh toh nahi ? Ya fir makhan ?"

"Yadi aisa hai, toh yeh Kamsa se kar hetu le jaa rahi hogi." Vijaksh said.

Krishna said, "Kamsa ko kar toh mai nahi dene dunga."

Bhadrasen looked at him confused, "Kya karoge Kanhaiya ?"

Krishna flashed a mischievous grin and casually grabbed three stones, sending them flying towards the girls. The pots shattered, water spilled, and the girls were left drenched.

"Jal hi tha." Turning around with a mischievous grin, Krishna burst into laughter with his friends.

But as his laughs subsided, their laughter soon turned into uncontrollable fits as they gazed at the girls, confusing him.

"Itna bhi kya has rahe ho ?" Krishna asked.

Balram laughed, "Kanha, dekh toh le kiski matki fod di."

Krishna turned to see none other than his beloved Radha, dripping wet and shooting him the fiercest pout, her eyes throwing daggers his way.

"Hey Ishvar." Krishna gulped, realizing he was in for it.

Keeping a hand over his shoulder, Balram joked, "Ab Ishvar hi bachaye iss Bhagwaan ko."

Lalita, with a fiery look in her eyes, picked up a stick from the ground and stormed towards the boys.

"Tum dushto ko mai chhodungi nahi !" She was fuming with anger as she approached the boys with determined steps.

As she approached, Krishna and Balram quickly scrambled up a nearby tree, trying to escape her wrath. But alas their friends stayed on the ground, and as Lalita reached them, she gave each one of them a solid hit on their backs, causing them to yelp in pain.

His friends, who had been laughing a moment ago, now looked sheepish and guilty as they tried to shield themselves from Lalita's wrath.

"Arrey humne nahi fodi matki !" Subala exclaimed.

"Tumhari baato mei mai na aane wali !" Lalita, not satisfied with just one hit, continued to give the boys a piece of her mind, scolding them for their thoughtless behavior.

Running away from her, Madhumangal said, "Kanha kuch toh kar re ! Matki fode tu aur maar hume pade !?"

Krishna watched from the safety of the tree before gazing at his eternal beloved, "Radhey ! O Radhey !"

He called out to Radha, but she just looked at him with a stern expression, her hair and clothes dripping wet.

Krishna said, "Kshama karde Kishori ! Mujhe nahi pata tha ki teri aur teri sakhiyo ki matki hai !"

Radha folded her hands and turned her face away. Vishakha, looked back and forth between them, taking pity on the boys she approached her.

"Kshama kardijiye na, swamini. Unhe sach mei nahi pata tha ki hum hai." She said.

"Tum kehti ho toh thik hai." Radha said as she finally stepped forward and held Lalita's hand, stopping her from attacking the boys further.

She said in a sweet voice, "Rehne de, Lalitey. Aur chal yaha se."

"Jaisa aap kahe." Lalita said as she let go of the followed Radha as the three went on their way, with their heads high.

Both Krishna and Balram finally came down, helping their friends who lied on the ground with their bruised bodies, wincing in pain.

Krishna looked at the direction in which the three Gopis went, "Radhey se thik se baat bhi nahi kar paya."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Poore Braj mandal mei kisi ka khauf hai toh Lalita sakhi ka 😎