CHAPTER 77

-- CHAITANYA LOK --

Inside her kitchen, Amarsri moved gracefully through her celestial kitchen, preparing for monsoon, and the inevitable hopelessly romantic mood of her husband that has come with the season. She could hear the pitter patter of the rain, and the scent of petrichor, as she prepared a special delicacy.

On the polished stone countertop lay a pile of tender betel leaves, freshly plucked, their veins tracing delicate green patterns. Beside it lay small dishes of carefully, diced candied fruits, crushed edible lime paste, rose petal jam, mint leaves, cloves, cardamom, and coconut slivers. Amarsri nimbly folded the leaves and added pinches of flavorings with an artist’s eye for balance and presentation.

And then laying it on a intricate tray, she went to the backside of her home. Stepping out into the backyard, she made her way towards an ornate gazebo, its intricate design adorned with delicate vines and flowers. With a flick of her hand, she shielded the paan from the rain, ensuring that it remained untouched by the gentle drops cascading from the sky.

She set the tray on a side table, and looked around, her heart filled with anticipation, expecting to find her beloved husband. However, to her surprise, he was nowhere to be found. But his laughter fell over her ears.

She found him outside, in the midst of the rain, his face turned upwards with a childlike joy and wonder. His presence exuded a sense of wild beauty, with his tousled hair dripping with rainwater and his radiant smile lighting up the dreary day. As he spun and twirled in the rain, his graceful movements and infectious laughter painted a picture of pure bliss, captivating her.

Amarsri leaned against a marble pillar of the gazebo, her heart swelling with love and admiration as she watched her husband revel in the joy of the rain and how he had cast aside his regal demeanor, embracing the childlike bliss of the moment. In that moment, he didn't seem like god, but like the son of Chanchala and Gauri, in his purest form.

Suddenly his eyes caught sight of his wife, standing elegantly by the pillar of the gazebo, her presence radiating a serene beauty that matched the tranquility of the weather. With a mischievous grin, Srinav ran towards her, his steps light and swift as he reached out to her.

"Srinav !" Amarsri gasped in surprise as he pulled her out from the gazebo, her delicate form getting wet from the rain.

But as she looked into his eyes, she saw the pure joy and love shining within them, and a smile tugged at her lips. In a sudden burst of playfulness, she turned and started running away, her laughter mingling with the sound of raindrops hitting the ground. Srinav chuckled and with a gleam of mischief in his eyes, he chased after her.

She ran barefoot across the lush green meadow, giggling as she glanced over her shoulder at her husband. He chased after her with playful determination, his strong arms reaching out to capture her. Their laughter echoed through the forest as she darted between the towering trees, their leaves dripping with raindrops that sparkled like diamonds in the soft light.

The air was filled with the earthy scent of wet soil and the fresh aroma of rain-kissed leaves, creating a sensory feast for them as they frolicked amidst the natural beauty of their celestial surroundings.

Each time he reached out to catch her, she slipped away with a playful twirl, her laughter ringing out like a bell in the rainy air. As they ran through the rain-soaked meadow, her hair streamed out behind her like a banner of night, and his dark locks clung to his face in wild abandon.

Breathless and exhilarated, Amarsri made her way to the ornate gazebo, her heart racing with excitement. But just as she reached the shelter of the gazebo, her foot slipped on the wet marble floor, causing her to tumble down with a soft gasp, "Ah !"

Just as she fell, Srinav, who was right behind her, lost his balance and also fell over, his hands braced against the ground on either side of her, his body hovering just above hers.

"Argh, Ishvar-" He grunted.

The two found themselves in a tangled mess on the ground, their gazes locked in a mix of amusement and embarrassment. A smile appeared on their faces, which slowly turned into a grin, and before they knew it, they both erupted into laughter.

His laugh subsided into a chuckle, and eventually a sigh. He gazed down at her, his orangish eyes travelling across her face and then at the thin fabric of her dress that was rendered nearly transparent where it clung to her rain-drenched body.

As each curve was lovingly traced by his eyes, her eyes were lost in his. The unique color was drawing her in with its striking vibrancy. She feels as though she was staring into the heart of a sunset, a warmth spreading through her being. The pupil, dark and mysterious, seems to create an eclipse effect, drawing her in further. She closes her own eyes, savoring the image burned into her mind.

Meanwhile, seeing the droplets rolled down her bare skin, he sighed. Gently, he lowered his head to rest upon her heaving bosom, his heaven, feeling the rhythm of her heartbeat beneath his cheek. A smile of pure bliss graced her face as she reveled in the intimate moment shared with her love. The chase finally over.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Sweet 🌝

Now I'm craving monsoons 😭