CHAPTER 62

"Dev, sabhi devtajan gopalo ka roop le Pitashree ke saath krida karne jaa rahe hai !" Amarsri exclaimed as she paced back and forth in the courtyard.

"So toh hai." Said Srinav as he scattered rice grains on the ground, watching as birds swooped down to feast upon them.

Turning to him, Amarsri said, "Hume bhi jana chahiye."

Glancing at her he asked, "Kyu ?"

"Krida karne. Swayam Shri Krishna ke saath." She said.

With eyes sparkling with excitement, she rushed towards him, taking the golden bowl of rice from his hands and setting it aside.

"Arrey Devi !" He said as she began dragging him with her. The birds watched them curiously.

Her lips turned up in a sweet smile as she clasped her hands before her chest, practically bouncing on her toes with excitement, "Chaliye na. Hum bhi Gop-balako ka vesh le khelne chalte hai." She requested.

He tilted his head, as he gazed at her childlike enthusiasm and adamant desire to play with Krishna. How could he say no to that ? Her happiness was paramount.

"Uchit hai." He smiled, gazing upon her hope-filled face. Her eyes lit up with joy, and a giggle escaped her lips. And then holding hands together, they both set out to Vrindavan.

-------

It was the time of the blazing summers in Vrindavan. The season was not very pleasant for the Gopas who had to graze their cows outside under the scorching heat of the sun. However, because Krishna was among them, the season of summer had suddenly sprouted with the qualities of spring.

The thunderous roar of cascading waterfalls drowned out the chirping of crickets, while clusters of trees glistened with moisture from the misty spray. The gentle winds swept over the lakes and rivers, carrying the sweet scent of lotuses and water lilies, cooling the entire expanse of Vrindavan. Thanks to the benevolence of Krishna, the inhabitants of Vrindavan were spared from the scorching summer heat, and the cows reveled in lush, green grass that remained undamaged by the sun's fierce rays.

It was a paradise untouched by the harshness of the season, a haven where nature flourished under the watchful eye of the divine. Flowers bloomed everywhere, while birds chirped and bees buzzed.

And then suddenly the sound of the melodious flute got mingled with the sounds of birds and animals in perfect harmony, as Krishna came to the place with Balram and their friends and cows. Some boys accompanied him by singing, others played their flutes, hand cymbals and buffalo horns alongside.

Several devtas had disguised themselves as cowherds, just to worship Krishna and Balram, and be in their divine proximity.

The bright morning sun filtered through the leafy canopy overhead as Krishna and Balram led their band of cowherd friends deeper into the cool forest. The cows and calves lowed contentedly as they were released from their ropes to graze in the lush grass and fragrant wildflowers blanketing the forest floor.

The boys gathered in a sun-dappled clearing to decide what game to play, their excited voices rising in a cheerful din. But Krishna seemed distracted, his reddish eyes scanning the trees as if expecting someone or perhaps two.

"Krishna ? Kaha khoye ho ?" Balram asked.

Krishna just smiled mysteriously, shaking his head. And just then the familiar jingling of anklets fell in his ears. He turned around excitedly and his face lit up with joy as he caught sight of the baal-roop of both Harihareshwari and Shreeshaktiswar running towards them, holding each other's hands. They both were dressed in a manner that resembled that of the cowherd community.

"Amarsri !" Krishna rushed towards his daughter, overcome by love, with arms outstretched and enveloped her in a tight embrace, momentarily forgetting that he was just a small boy himself, which caused his feet to slip out from under him. He tumbled to the ground, bringing her down with him. She landed in his lap with a gentle thud and burst into giggles at her father's enthusiasm.

Krishna didn't miss a beat and continued to embrace her, refusing to let go, as both of them shook with laughter. Though just a child himself in human form, the divine Narayan's paternal love for his daughter transcended their temporary bodies and outward appearances.

Srinav chuckled as he knelt before them, joining his hands in salutation, "Pranaam prabhu."

"Nahi Srinav." Krishna shook his head, "Tumhara pranaam nahi swikarta. Tum pichli baar yaha aaye aur bina mile chale gaye." He said in fake anger.

Srinav smiled and lowered his head, "Kshama Jagatpita. Parantu aapki hi putri ki iccha purti hetu shigrehta mei tha."

Krishna raised his head and gave him a stern look, before bursting into laughter and patting his head. The cowherds looked at them confused, who were this Amarsri and Srinav ? For answers they turned to Balram.

"Dau yeh Amarsri-Srinav kaun hai ?" Sridama asked.

Balram smiled, "Yeh humare sambandhi hai."

"Toh fir yeh humare bhi sambandhi jaise hi huye." Madhumangal smiled.

Balram chuckled, "Ha. Yeh Amarsri aur woh Srinav."

"Jaise Shreeshaktiswar aur Harihareshwari ?" Subala asked.

"Ha thik waise hi." Balram smiled, "Chalo milwata hu." He said and took the cowherd boys to them for introduction.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Krishna and Amarsri are sho cute 😍🤣