CHAPTER 54

The sun had just started to rise over Vrindavan, casting a warm golden glow over the streets and houses. Krishna and Balram, along with their friends, were up early, their mischievous minds already planning their next adventure. They had heard that one of the Gopis had made a fresh batch of butter, and they couldn't resist the temptation to sneak into her house and steal some.

Quietly tiptoeing through the empty streets, they reached the Gopi's house and carefully made their way inside. As they crept towards the store room where the butter was kept, their eyes widened in surprise. The butter was not in its usual place on the lower shelves, but had been hung high above, far out of their reach. It seemed like the Gopi had anticipated their visit and had taken precautions to protect her precious butter.

"Utne upar toh hum nahi pahuch sakte." Sridama said disappointedly.

Subala asked, "Krishna, ab kya kare ?"

Krishna and Balram exchanged mischievous glances and quickly came up with a plan. Krishna said, "Ek ke upar ek chadhte hai, aur Makhan utaar lete hai."

"Ha yeh sarvochit rahega." Madhumangal said.

He crouched down on all fours, with Subala and Balram climbing on top of him. Finally, Krishna climbed on top of them all, reaching out for the precious butter. With a mischievous grin, he reached out and began to pull down the butter, one by one and handing it to Sridama standing below.

The sweet scent of the butter filled the room, making their mouths water in anticipation. And as they successfully retrieved all the butter, they knew their morning adventure had been a success. The Gopi's house was soon filled with the sounds of laughter and joy as Krishna and his friends indulged in their stolen feast, with their hands and faces smeared with butter.

But hearing their voices, the Gopi came inside along with some other maidens. They were shocked to see the mess that Krishna and his friends had created. Butter was splattered all over the floor, and the mischievous group was giggling mischievously as they licked their fingers clean

"Natkhat balako !" Her angry voice caught their attention, they all gulped seeing so many maidens in front of them.

One of the maidens scolded, "Chori karte lajja nahi aati !?"

"Uh-uh !" Madhumangal frowned, "Mai Brahman hu, mai chori nahi karta. Yeh sab Kamsa se kar bachane hetu hai."

Another maiden said, "Oh ho ho ! Dekho toh inn balako ko, Makhan chura ke hume Kamsa se bachayenge ! Jo bhi keh lo, aaj tum sab bachoge nahi !"

Seeing the maidens angrily approach them all, Krishna glanced at Madhumangal, and quickly said, "Mere Brahman mitra, shigreh aashish dene hetu haath uthao !"

Madhumangal raised his hand as instructed by his friend. The Gopis, who held a deep respect for Brahman children, immediately lowered their heads in reverence. Taking advantage of the distraction, Krishna quickly signaled to his friends to follow him. With a mischievous grin, he led them to the window and together they escaped into the darkness, leaving behind a room filled with the sweet scent of butter and the stunned Gopis.

"Arrey dekho toh dushto ko !" They exclaimed.

And as the boys disappeared out of their sight, the sound of their laughter could be heard, echoing through the village, as they made their way back to their homes, their bellies full of stolen butter and their hearts full of joy.

"Yashoda maiya ko batana hi padega." The Gopis decided.

---------

Krishna and Balram made their way back home, their bellies full of stolen butter and their faces adorned with mischievous smiles. As they reached their home, they saw a group of angry Gopis gathered around their mother, Yashoda, their voices filled with complaints and accusations. Krishna and Balram's smiles quickly vanished, replaced by nervous expressions.

"Yashoda ji, aapke dono putra humara sara makhan chura lete hai."

"Aur pure bhandar kaksh ko tahas nahas kar dete hai."

Yashoda shook her head, unable to believe it, "Humare ghar mei 9 laakh gaaye hai, jagat bhar ka dudh, dahi, chaas aur makhan hai. Fir mera lalla tumhare yaha kyu makhan churayega ?"

A relieved smile appeared on the faces of Krishna and Balram, who looked at each other, knowing what to do to save themselves. They both rushed towards Yashoda, hugging her from either side.

"Maiya yeh gopiya kaisa laalchan laga Rahi hai hum par." Krishna said pretending to be shocked by the accusations.

Balram, feigning innocence, asked, "Maiya, aapko lagta hai ki hum makhan churayenge ?"

"Nahi lalla." Yashoda caressed both their heads.

The Gopis frowned in disbelief, as how these young boys were lying and proving them wrong.

"Arrey Yashoda ji yeh dono asatya keh rahe hai !"

"Inhone aaj hi makhan churaya hai !"

Krishna looked at them with a raised brow, "Accha aisa hai ? Toh yeh baat mere netro mei dekh kar kaho." he challenged, his gaze locking with theirs.

And looking him in the eyes, when the Gopis tried to speak, they found themselves unable to do so. Their words caught in their throats as they looked into Krishna's mesmerizing eyes, which seemed to hold the entire universe within them.

"Krishna humare makhan mei aya aur ghar chura liya- Nahi ! Nahi !"

"Isne upar se makhan utara aur matki kha gaya-nahi-mera taparya hai ki-"

The beauty of his gaze left them senseless, unable to utter anything properly.

"Bas." Yashoda said as she narrowed her eyes at the maidens, "Bahut ho gaya tum sabhi ka. Jhootha laalchan lagane aagayi mere putro par."

She then turned to Krishna and Balram, her eyes softening as she saw the innocence in their faces. She took the brothers by the hand and led them inside, leaving the Gopis in awe of the enchanting power of Krishna's eyes. And as the brothers walked away, they suppressed their giggles.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Iss baar toh bach gaye 😂😂