CHAPTER 26

The sun had arisen, casting a warm golden glow over the sprawling fields surrounding Nand's home. The two mischievous little boys, Krishna and Balram, had woken up early, their eyes twinkling with excitement as they planned their adventure for the day.

Sneakily, they tiptoed through the backside of their home, making their way to the cowshed where the calves were kept. Giggling and whispering to each other, they finally reached the wooden gate of the cowshed. With a quick glance to make sure no one was watching, they slipped inside. The air inside was cool and filled with the earthy scent of hay and animals.

The two little boys looked around, their eyes lighting up when they spotted the two calves peacefully resting in their pen. With mischievous grins on their faces, they crept closer, their tiny hands reaching out to grab hold of the calves' tails. With a sudden yank, they each caught a tail and pulled with all their might.

The calves, startled by the sudden tug, bolted out of the pen, dragging little Krishna and Balram along with them. The boys shrieked with laughter as they were pulled across the dirt floor, their feet kicking up clouds of dust. The calves raced around the cowshed, the boys clinging to their tails and laughing uproariously.

However, their laughter soon caught the attention of their father, Nand, who had been working nearby. He arrived there and chuckled seeing the game of his sons. He quickly halted the calves and scooped up both Krishna and Balram in his arms, a stern but loving look on his face.

"Maine parso tum dono ko kya kaha tha ?" Nand scolded gently, but a hint of amusement twinkled in his eyes.

Balram said, "Ki hum dono akele gaushala aane ke liye bahut chhote hai."

"Toh fir tum dono yaha kyu aaye ?" Nand asked.

"Khelne." Krishna said, his laughter still bubbling within him.

Nand shook his head with a smile, knowing that his mischievous sons were just full of energy and curiosity. He took them out of the gaushala, and placed them on the ground.

"Jaao. Ghar ke bhitar khelo." He told.

Obeying him, Krishna and Balram raced into their house, their tiny feet pattering on the floor. Their eyes sparkled with excitement as they looked around, wondering what to do next.

Balram, with his mischievous grin, suddenly suggested, "Baba ke kaksh mei chale ? Waha hum kabhi nahi jaate."

Krishna's face lit up with excitement as he nodded eagerly, "Ha ! Chalo !"

The little boys hurried to Nand's study, their laughter echoing through the halls. As they entered the room, their eyes widened with wonder as they took in the shelves lined with books and the intricate carvings on the furniture and at the sight of the various trinkets and treasures that adorned those shelves and his desk.

But what caught their attention the most were the gleaming swords that hung on the wall. Their eyes sparkled with excitement as they gazed up at the shiny blades.

With determination, they tried to reach the swords, stretching their little arms as far as they could, but they were just too high up on the walls. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't reach them.

"Bahut upar hai, Kanha." Balram's face fell in disappointment.

Krishna frowned as he looked around, trying to find a solution, then his eyes fell upon the chair kept at Nand's desk. His eyes lit up once again.

"Uspe chadho." Krishna said, pointing at his father's seat.

And then together they dragged the heavy chair across the room. Balram climbed onto the chair and tiptoed, stretching his little arms as far as they could go. With a triumphant grin, he finally managed to grab hold of them, and with a little effort, he managed to pull both of them down.

"Mil gaya !" Balram exclaimed, waving the sword in the air. Krishna clapped his hands in delight as Balram handed one of the swords to him.

They both giggled with excitement, feeling like true warriors as they swung the swords around playfully, imagining themselves in the battlefield, slicing enemies.

"Hey Narayan !" The exclaiming voice of Yashoda brought them both out of their game.

Krishna glanced at her, "Kaho maiya."

"Yeh tum dono kya kar rahe ho !?" Yashoda shrieked looking at sharp swords in their soft hands, "Niche rakho ! Niche rakho talwaro ko !" She scolded.

Both of them quickly placed the sword down, and gazed at her with innocent expressions.

"Niklo yaha se !" Yashoda told, both the boys lowered their heads, pressing their lips in thin line before walking out the room.

Yashoda narrowed her eyes at them, they both had started getting very naughty these days, "Yadi punah yaha aaye toh dandit karungi mai !" She warned, causing both the brothers to run off.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

SO CUTE 😍😍