CHAPTER 21

The sun was shining brightly as little Krishna and Balram, were crawling around the front yard of their home. Their chubby little hands and knees moved eagerly as they explored their surroundings, their laughter filling the air.

As they made their way around the yard, they came across the maid who was busy sweeping the front porch. Without a care in the world, the two babies continued to crawl behind her, their innocent curiosity leading them to follow her. However, as the maid turned around and saw the two little ones behind her, their innocent faces filled with wonder, she smiled.

However seeing that she was not their mother, their eyes widened. In a flash, they turned around and started crawling back as fast as their little limbs would carry them. Their mothers, Rohini and Yashoda, who were sitting in the shade nearby, saw the whole scene unfold. They couldn't help but laugh at the sight of their little ones getting scared and scurrying back to them.

As Krishna and Balram reached their mothers, they clung to their legs, seeking comfort and reassurance. Rohini and Yashoda scooped up the babies, their laughter turning into overwhelming love and joy as they held their precious little ones close. Feeling overwhelmed by the rush of motherly love, they held their babies close to their heart. The two little boys, feeling safe and secure in their mother's arms, snuggled close to them.

The two mothers then lovingly breastfed their boys, enjoying the precious moments of bonding and nurturing. As the boys contentedly suckled, Yashoda and Rohini shared a tender smile, feeling grateful for the joy and love that their little ones brought into their lives. With their bellies full and their hearts overflowing with love, Yashoda and Rohini took their boys inside, parting ways and going to their respective rooms.

Yashoda carefully cradled infant Krishna in her arms as she entered their room. She gently laid him on the bed, making sure to support his head and body with utmost care. Krishna looked around with wide, curious eyes, taking in the sights and sounds of the room. Yashoda then went to the sandook kept at the foot of the bed, and began rummaging through it to find new clothes for her precious son.

She pulled out a set of beautifully embroidered garments, each one more vibrant and colorful than the last. Krishna's eyes followed her every movement, his tiny hands reaching out to touch the fabric as she held it up for him to see.

Smilingly she told, "Aaj barsana Jana hai, lalla. Waha ke mukhiya Vrishbhanu ki kanya ka naamkaran sanskaar jo hai."

And the moment she mentioned the daughter of Vrishbhanu, the little lord became extremely excited. With surprising agility, the infant Krishna scurried through the pile of clothes, picking out a bright yellow and red garment.

He held it up to her, silently pleading with his innocent eyes for her to dress him in it. Yashoda laughed and nodded, carefully dressing him in the chosen outfit while he squirmed with excitement. As she tied the little garment around his waist, Krishna's eyes sparkled with joy. He giggled and kicked his legs, clearly thrilled to be wearing the colorful clothes and go meet his Shri.

Yashoda carefully adorned her son with jewelry, placing bangles on his tiny wrists and a necklace around his neck. Krishna watched with wonder as she gently tied his soft curly locks into a half bun, securing it with a golden hairpiece adorned with colorful gemstones, its the tiny pearls and sparkling crystals catching the light and creating a dazzling halo around his cherubic face. 

"Pranaam !" A voice caught their attention, they turned their heads and their faces lit up seeing Nayika at the doorstep.

"Nayika ? Aao aao." Yashoda beamed.

Nayika came inside and sat beside Yashoda on the bed. She playfully held the feet of Krishna, as he giggled raising his hands.

Yashoda smilingly said, "Aaj toh itna anandit hai yeh, kya batau. Maine jabse kaha ki Vrishbhanu ji ki kanya se milna hai, tabse khil khilaye jaa raha hai."

Nayika smiled knowingly, "Dusre gaav ki mukhiya ki beti se milne jaa raha hai. Aapke lalla ko vishesh lagna chahiye."

"Vishesh toh lagta hi hai." Yashoda said.

"Satyavachan. Kintu, kuch Kami lag rahi hai." Nayika said.

Krishna looked at her curiously, while Yashoda frowned and asked, "Kintu kya ?"

A playful smile played on Nayika's lips as she lowered one hand beneath the bed, pretending to ponder something. Her delicate fingers moved with a magical grace, weaving an enchanting creation out of thin air.

"Ha !" Nayika exclaimed, turning to face them, "Yeh Morpankh kaisa rahega ?" She raised her hand, revealing a vibrant peacock feather, and presented it to the lord, whose eyes lit up with joy.

With chubby fingers trembling in excitement, Krishna eagerly reached out and grasped the feather, his laughter resonating throughout the room. He extended the peacock feather towards Yashoda, gesturing for her to place it upon his head.

Nayika's lips parted slightly, the supreme lord thought her gift to be worthy enough to be put upon his head ? One always believes that only grand gestures and elaborate offerings could please him. But here was Krishna, accepting a small feather with such joy and gratitude that it touched Nayika's soul.

With a gentle smile, Yashoda carefully tucked the feather in Krishna's half bun, adorning his headpiece. As the feather nestled into Krishna's curls, an overwhelming sense of joy and love permeated the room, leaving Yashoda and Nayika in awe of his sheer adorableness.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Morpankh mathe pe jada aur hotho par muskan re
Ras rachaye bansi bajaye wo Radha ka Shyam re
khel khel me jeetega wo paap ka har sangram re
Har dil har mukh gayega uska hi ab naam re
✨✨✨

CUTENESS AGGRESSION IS OVER THE ROOF 😭😍🔥

Waise it's not written who gave Morpankh to Krishna, or when did he start wearing it.... So I'm taking creative liberty ✨