CHAPTER 38

Radha sat in the garden of her grand mansion, her small frame barely visible amidst the lush greenery and colorful flowers. Her eyes were unfocused, lost in a world of her own as she mulled over the events of the other day.

She had met Krishna for the first time, and his beauty had left her mesmerized. All she could think about was his curly hair adorned with the superbly charming array of peacock feathers, his long crooked glances, his earrings that swung against his rosy cheeks, his dark complexion which had the lustre that resembled the mass of refreshing rain clouds, and the unprecedented glory of his mild smile that spread across his handsome face.

This vision of her Hari appeared constantly in her mind, and seemed to have possessed her. She couldn't help but imagine how it would feel to be embraced by his arms which were as soft and delicate as new blossoms, which had such ornaments adorning them which could dispel all the darkness by the rays emanating from their beauty.

Radha couldn't shake the feeling of warmth that had enveloped her when he had looked into her eyes, and she couldn't stop replaying their brief encounter over and over again in her mind.

Her eight sakhis, her closest friends and confidantes, namely Lalita, Vishakha, Champaklata, Chitra, Tungavidya, Indulekha, Rangadevi and her twin sister Sudevi surrounded her, exchanging worried glances as they observed Radha's distracted state. They had never seen her like this before, and they couldn't understand what had caused their usually lively friend to become so lost in her thoughts. The sakhis whispered among themselves, trying to figure out what could have caused Radha to become so lost in her thoughts.

The foremost among her sakhis, Lalita asked, "Humari laadli ji, aaj itni khoyi khoyi kyu hai ?"

Radha looked at her, a nervous smile appeared on her face as her cheeks flushed red, "Kya batayu Lalitey ? Jab se Yamuna tat par uss Shyaamsundar ko dekha hai, tab se kahi man hi nahi lag raha."

"Aisa kya ?" Vishakha, another beloved friend of Radha, asked as she knelt down beside her swamini's seat.

Radha nodded, "Netra kholu toh har vastu uski yaad dilati hai, netra band karu toh keval uska hi manmohak mukh mere samaksh ata hai." She said closing her eyes with a smile, as if meditating on Krishna's mystically beautiful form.

On the other side, even Krishna had been lost in thoughts of Radha, which made him forget all his chores and constantly run behind Yashoda with a sweet plea.

"Maiya ! Suno na !" He said tugging on her garments and stopping her on her tracks as she came out of the pooja room holding a plate of sweets.

Turning to him, Yashoda asked, "Kya lalla ? Laddu chahiye ?"

"Nahi nahi. Kripa karke meri ek iccha purn kardo." Krishna requested.

Yashoda knelt down at his level, "Tujhe aaj tak kabhi 'na' bola hai maine ? Bata, kya chahiye ?" She asked with a smile.

Krishna stared at her momentarily with a sheepish smile, his eyes began to dart around wondering how to put his words.

"Mera vivah karwa do !" He blurted out.

Yashoda raised a brow at her little child, suppressing her laugh she asked, "Accha ? Vivah karwa du ? Kisse ?"

Krishna cleared his throat, and folded his hands, his face became serious as he pretended to think deeply.

In a mature-ish tone he said, "Maiya, vivah keval do logo ka sambandh nahi hota. Apetu do parivaro ke bich ka sambandh hota hai."

Yashoda, keeping a hand over her chin, said, "So toh hai."

"Toh hume humare parivaar ki maan mariyada ko dhyaan mei rakhte huye vivah ke baare mei sochna chahiye." Krishna said.

"Ekdum." Yashoda nodded, playing along.

Krishna looked around for a moment, and then gazed back at her, "Maiya, humare parivaar ke anuroop yaha ek hi parivaar hai. Barsana ke mukhiya Vrishbhanu ji ka. Toh unki putri Radha se mera vivah karwa do." He said folding his hands behind his back, maintaining a stoic look.

"Oh accha." Yashoda took a laddu from the plate and then stuffed it in her son's mouth, "Tu pehle laddu kha."

"Maiya !" Krishna whined with a full mouth, as Yashoda went away laughing.

Gulping down the sweet he said angrily, "Maiya yadi tune mera vivah Radha se nahi karwaya toh mai bachhde, gaiya, adi kuch nahi charane jaayunga ! Tujhse baat bhi nahi karunga ! Mai tera ghar chhod ke chala jayunga aur punah nahi aayunga !" And stomped his feet.

He folded his hands and huffed. Suddenly he heard the sound of someone clicking his tongue, he glanced sideways and saw Balram coming to his direction with hands behind his back, looking at him with pity.

"Maiya tera vivah nahi karayegi, Krishna." Balram said.

Krishna frowned, "Kyu ?"

Balram looked at Krishna with fake sadness for a moment, before asking, "Chal mere ek prashn ka uttar de. Nand baba gore, Yashoda maiya gori, fir tu kyu kala hai ?"

Krishna looked at him confused, "Woh toh.... Aise hi ho gaya." He said innocently.

Balram shook his head a 'no', and placed his hand over Krishna's shoulder, "Aise nahi hota, Kanha.... Maine sansaar dekha hai. Aaj mai tujhe ek satya batata hu, jo maiya ne tujhse chhupaya hai."

Krishna frowned, nervousness gripping his little heart at his elder brother's tone, "K-Kya dau ?"

Sadly looking at him, Balram said, "Satya toh yeh hai Kanha ki tu.... Tu maiya aur baba ka putra nahi hai. Mai maiya aur baba ka vastavik putra hu."

Hearing that Krishna fell silent, big tears formed in his eyes, moistening them as he looked at his elder brother.

"Tujhe toh dukaan se kharid ke laaye hai." Balram said.

"MAIYA !" Krishna cried and ran off to Yashoda, making Balram laugh uncontrollably.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Abhi maiya se naraz the, aur abhi unke paas bhaag Gaye 🤣🤣🙏🙏

If the adoption secret ain't the story of every siblings 🤣🤣

Btw.... This chapter was wholesome and light hearted but also dark.... if you know you know- 👁️👁️