CHAPTER 65

The sun was beginning to dip low in the sky, casting long shadows across the grassy meadows as another carefree afternoon drew to a close. As per the condition, the defeated team was carrying the victorious team on their backs. However Pralambasur, who had Balram on his back, began running farther away from Bhandir.

"Kaha jaa rahe ho tum ?" Balram asked with a frown.

However Pralamb didn't reply, which was enough for Balram to know of his malicious intent. And so, suddenly Balram's divine form weighed down upon the Asur as he struggled to carry him further. He felt as if he was carrying Mount Sumeru on his back.

Unable to bear his weight, Pralambasur assumed his true form, which was as gigantic as a black mountain. His face was as radiant as a cloud when it had been lit up by the sun. He possessed a gigantic face and a large beak. He was as large as death personified.

Seeing his monstrous form, Balram was startled and was seized by Pralambasur with great force and tried to abduct him. It seemed as though the moon was being carried away by a single cloud of destruction.

"Balram ! Balram !" The cowherd boys got shocked seeing him perched on the shoulders of a gigantic Asur.

Amarsri looked at Krishna, "Aap kuch karenge nahi ?"

Krishna smiled, "Balram hai woh."

"Yeh Asur bhi gaya." Srinav commented as he saw Balram's face contorting into an angry expression.

Seeing such an audacious trick, Balram became furious and struck the Pralamb's head with his hard fist, just as Indra strikes a mountain with his Vajra, cracking its stone surface into pieces.

Thus smashed by Balaram's fist, Pralambasur's skull was crushed and penetrated his body.  The asur vomited blood from his mouth and lost all consciousness, and then with a great noise he fell lifeless on the ground. The shattered head and body began to exude blood, like the red-complexioned current that flows down from the summit of a mountain.

Having slain Pralamba, Rohini’s powerful son controlled his own strength and got on his feet. He went towards Krishna, who embraced him.

"Saadho ! Saadho !" The cowherd boys cheered in astonishment, seeing such a terrifying display of strength.

They were overwhelmed by love, and tightly embraced their beloved friend. They hugged him again and again, as if he had returned back from the dead. Meanwhile the gods in heaven were satisfied at the daitya having been slain and pronounced benedictions of victory over Balram.

The sky had been painted orange, making Amarsri and Srinav realise that it was evening already and they must leave for their own abode. They both gazed at Krishna and joined their hands, he looked at them with a smile and gave them a nod of permission.

Both of them vanished in thin air, leaving the cowherd boys alone who were busy praising Balram and praying for his wellbeing.

-----

The rays of the morning sun illuminated the entire Barsana. The village was getting up and going around their daiky chores. The sound of bells ringing from the nearby temple filled the air, signaling the start of another day of worship and devotion. The smell of incense wafted through the streets, mingling with the aroma of freshly cooked food from open-air kitchens.

Radha along with her asht-sakhis was in the backyard of her home. She laid on the swing, while they sat around her, tending to her every wish, need and desires. However, today their swamini was being scorched by the fever of love.

Separation from Krishna has now become intolerable to her. The radiant beauty of the ashok trees around was like a spear piercing her eyes. Breezes blowing from the lakeside gardens were only inflaming her. Even the freshly bursting mango blossoms swarming with sweetly humming bees were of no comfort to her now.

Her asht-sakhis, looked at her worriedly. Though they all too were feeling lovesick for Krishna, seeing the condition of Radha, they got concerned. She wasn't speaking, nor eating properly.

Vishakha asked, "Sakhi, yeh kya haal bana liya hai aapne apna ?"

Radha looked at her and smiled sadly, "Jab Krishna ke vichaar man mei ho, toh koi sudh nahi rehti, Vishakha."

"Toh swamini," Lalita offered, "Aap kahe toh aap dono ke milan hetu prabandh kar du ?"

Radha's sparkled with excitement as she sat straight up, "Tum mujhe Krishna se milwaogi ?"

"Ha kishori." Lalita smiled, "Aapke liye mai kuch bhi karne ko sajj hu."

"Toh shigreh mujhe Krishna ke paas le chalo. Anyatha Kaamdev mera annt yahi kardenge." Radha said with a wide smile.

Lalita nodded and then looked at the rest of the sakhis, "Chalo. Swamini aur Krishna ke milan hetu sabhi prabandh karne hai."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Radha Krishna ka Milan karwane sakhiya sajj huyi hai, lekin it's not going to be as smooth-🌝

Also.... *Cuts Pralambasur's name from the list* Now Arishtasur, then Keshi and lastly Vyomasur are left.
🌝🌝

Lekin abhi inke vadh mei bahut time hai, these are the last last wale kaands in Braj leela and we are just halfway across the list of events 🌝✨