CHAPTER 71

In the early hours of dawn, the first light of the day gently creeps through the windows of the humble dwelling in Vrindavan. The air is cool and filled with the sweet fragrance of blooming flowers. Krishna stirs in his sleep, and his eyes flutter open.

Yashoda and Nand, were still deeply asleep, their peaceful expressions a stark contrast to Krishna's eager anticipation. With careful and deliberate movements, Krishna quietly slips out of his bed, careful not to disturb his sleeping family. His bare feet touch the cool earth as he tiptoes through the room, his heart filled with a sense of purpose and determination.

As he steps outside, the world is bathed in the soft hues of the early morning sky, the birds chirping in harmony with nature's awakening. With a mischievous twinkle in his eye, Krishna makes his way to Yamuna. As he reached the banks of the river, he was greeted by the gentle sound of flowing water and the sweet chirping of birds in the trees. The water shimmered in the early morning light, inviting and serene.

Soon, a group of Gopis, their laughter echoing through the stillness of the morning, make their way towards the sacred Yamuna river, each carrying freshly laundered garments in their hands. Arriving at the riverbank, they carefully place their new garments under the shade of a sprawling tree, its branches rustling gently in the cool morning breeze.

They remove the clothes they were wearing and with graceful movements, the Gopis wade into the cool, refreshing waters of the Yamuna, their laughter mingling with the gentle sounds of the river as it flows serenely past.

As they immersed themselves in the sacred waters, the Gopis close their eyes, offering prayers of gratitude to the river and to the divine mother goddess Katyayani, whose festival was going on and the Gopis had been fervently praying to the goddess, asking for Krishna to be their husband. And today was no different as they asked for the same.

Their faces were glowing with happiness as they playfully splashed each other and sang songs in praise of Krishna, their beloved deity and eternal love. Lost in their thoughts of Krishna, the Gopis laughed and danced in the water, their hearts overflowing with love and devotion.

As the young Gopis emerged from the Yamuna river, their laughter and chatter filled the autumn air. The water droplets glistened on their skin, the sunlight filtering through the trees casting a golden glow on their youthful forms. Lost in their thoughts of Krishna, they were completely unaware of their nakedness as they searched for their garments on the riverbank.

Just as their panic reached its peak, a gasp escaped their lips as they saw Krishna perched on top of a nearby tree with their clothes, his mischievous smile and playful gaze meeting theirs. Blushing furiously, the Gopis quickly turned away, and used their hands to shield themselves from his gaze. Krishna's laughter echoed through the forest, the sound light and carefree.

"Yeh kaisi nirlajjata hai Krishna ?! Humare vastra chura ke aise haste ho !?" One of them asked.

Krishna chuckled, "Hasu na toh kya karu ? Mere samaksh hote huye bhi tum sab apne nashwar deh ko satya samajh rahi ho aur aise lajjit ho rahi ho."

"Humare vastra lauta do Krishna !"

"Anyatha log hume apmanit karenge !"

Krishna smiled seeing how deeply mired they were in the physical world and how enamoured of their physical forms.

He demanded, "Pehle apne haatho ko sar ke upar jod ke prarthna karo."

"Hum nahi kar sakte !" The Gopis protested, how would they cover themselves if they raise their hands above their head.

"Toh fir aise hi raho, jab tak sanatan gyaan na mile." Krishna said folding his arms.

The girls hesitated, embarrassed beyond belief, but eventually raised their trembling arms in supplication, hands folded together. As they stood vulnerable before him, they saw his face and form glow with a divine radiance. They could feel their souls being drawn towards Krishna, as if he was a magnet pulling them closer to the source of all creation.

In that moment, a profound sense of detachment from the material world washed over them, filling their hearts with an inexplicable peace and joy. Overwhelmed by the sheer magnificence of Krishna's divine presence, the Gopis sank to their knees in a gesture of complete surrender and humility, their eyes brimming with tears of pure love and devotion.

They realized in that moment that their physical bodies and earthly lives were just fleeting illusions. This mystical vision of Krishna's true nature overcame any feelings of shame or indignation they previously held, leaving the maidens enraptured with devotion.

Krishna smiled compassionately, as he threw down their garments back to them. The Gopis had taken first step towards the true understanding of the mortal world and the mortal body.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

This vastraharan by Krishna is one of the most misinterpreted story of Krishna. But Krishna does this to make them realise that they should not make the folly of associating their identity with their material body.

The thing about Krishna is, if you have surrendered unto him, he will make sure that all the material bondages that are preventing you from getting moksh, are broken down.

And some people, misinterpreting this story, question the character of Krishna, who was merely 8 here, and his intention as you can see, is beyond mortal comprehension.

REMEMBER SAILORS, Jo Krishna gopiyo ke vastra churate hai, wahi Krishna Draupadi ke cheerharan mei uska vastra badhate hai. Toh unke charitra par toh prashn uthne hi nahi chahiye.