CHAPTER 5

Yashoda, Nand and Rohini tried everything they could to calm the little lord, but he relentlessly kept crying and crying. They had tried singing lullabies, rocking him gently, and offering him his favorite toys, but nothing seemed to soothe him. They even brought Balram, thinking his presence shall calm him.

But despite their best efforts, Krishna's cries only seemed to grow louder and more desperate. His tiny fists were clenched, as he continued to wail for Mahadev. His aradhya.

"Yashoda, yeh awashya uss baba ke karan ho raha hai." Nand said.

Yashoda looked at him, as realisation dawned upon her. Indeed that must be the reason, as her son had started crying since that sage had left. It definitely was a side-effect of a tapasvi leaving her home with disappointment, she thought.

"Mujhse badi bhul ho gayi." Yashoda said as she handed her son to Rohini, "Mai abhi unn baba ko dhundh ke laati hu."

Yashoda rushed outside the home and frantically searched for him everywhere in the village of Gokul.

"Suno !" She called one, "Kya tumne ek lambe Tapodhan sadhu ko dekha hai ?"

"Nahi Yashoda ji."

"Kya tumne dekha ? Woh Jatadhari the." She inquired another.

"Nahi dekha."

Her heart raced with desperation as she feared she would not find him in time to soothe her child. She frantically searched the village, her mind clouded with uncertainty about the sage's whereabouts.

After what seemed like an endless quest, Yashoda stumbled upon the sage by the serene banks of the Yamuna. His eyes shimmered with tears, a reflection of his profound sorrow, as he yearned for a mere glimpse of his beloved aradhya.

She approached him with a sense of urgency, her heart pounding with worry for her beloved son, "Baba, kshama kardijiye."

Mahadev looked at her, as she pleaded with joined hands, "Mujhse badi bhul huyi. Mere saath chaliye, mera lalla aapke liye bahut ro raha hai. Usko goud mei khela ke use shaant karwa dijiye, baba." Her voice quivered with emotion.

He looked at Yashoda with deep compassion in his eyes. He could sense the sincerity and desperation in her plea, and he knew that he could not ignore her request. A small smile appeared on his face, as he wiped his tears away.

"Uchit hai. Chaliye." He said.

A wave of relief washed over Yashoda, "Aayiye baba, padhariye."

Her heart swelled with gratitude as she led the sage back to her home, where her son awaited eagerly.

Together, they entered the courtyard where the newborn was in the arms of Rohini, his eyes red and puffy from crying. As soon as he saw his aradhya, his face lit up with joy. A sense of calm descended over the place as he stopped crying.

He extended his hands towards him, wanting to go in his arms quickly. Yashoda came and picked him up, and went towards the Mahadev. He gently picked up the infant from her arms and held him close.

With a gentle smile on his face, Mahadev held the infant form of his Narayan, in his arms, cradling him with the utmost care. He then began to play with the baby, lifting him up and twirling around, making the baby giggle with joy.

The little lord gurgled and laughed as Mahadev twirled around with him, lifting him high in the air and then bringing him down with a gentle grace.

The air seemed to shimmer with a divine energy, and the onlookers felt as though time had stopped. They couldn't tear their eyes away from the enchanting sight before them. Mahadev's laughter mingled with Narayan's, filling the air with joy and love.

Rohini, Nand, Yashoda, and little Balram felt a sense of peace and serenity wash over them, as if they had been transported to another realm. They watched in rapt attention, their hearts filled with wonder. The gods from above were in the same condition, as they showered flowers over them, showing their bliss and reverence.

Mahadev then halted, handing the baby back to Yashoda. The onlookers blinked, as if waking from a dream, and they couldn't help but smile at the sight before them.

"Yeh lo tumhara lalla." Mahadev said.

Yashoda bowed her head, "Dhanyawad Tapodhan."

"Mai chalta hu." He said.

"Theheriye baba !" Yashoda said as she handed the baby to Rohini and rushed inside the kitchen.

After a few moments she came out, carrying a bowl in her hands.

"Ye lijiye." She said handing it to Mahadev, "Lalla ke Janmotsav ki kheer."

Mahadev smiled accepting it, "Abhaar maiya."

And then he walked outside, disappearing in the darkness of night.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

When I went to Gokul last year, I visited the Nandbhavan. There before doing darshan, one must bow in front of Mahadev, whose idol is kept on the right hand side of the mandapam, and ask for his permission to meet little Kanha.

Only after that, we can go ahead in the garbhagriha (That too by sitting, and dragging yourself, because Baal Gopal is new born) and get the darshan of Krishna.

The Harihar bond is always pleasing to the heart and soul ❤️✨