CHAPTER 96

The soft glow of the rising sun illuminated the courtyard of Vasudev's grand mansion. He sat surrounded by several of his wives, namely Madira, Vaishakhi, Bhadra, Sunama, Sahadevaa, Shantideva, Shrideva, Devarakshita, Vrikadevi, Upadevi and Badarva. They moved about gracefully, serving him with devotion and care. Their faces are filled with devotion and love as they cater to his every need with humility.

However, Vasudev's gaze lingered on Devaki, who sat slightly apart from the others, her eyes fixed on the idol of Narayan with a mix of sadness and longing.

Devaki's thoughts were far away, her heart heavy with the weight of the absence of her beloved son. Vasudev noticed Devaki's melancholy expression and felt a pang of sadness himself. He knew the pain she carried within her, the ache of a mother separated from her child.

His thoughts involuntarily drifted away to Rohini, whom he had not seen in many years. She was the one who held a special place in his heart, due to being the first wife. Despite the passage of time and the separation forced upon them due to Kamsa, Vasudev's love for Rohini remained unwavering and intense. He longed to see her, to hold her in his arms once more, but the cruel hand of fate had kept them apart.

His gaze then fell on his sons playing together in the courtyard. His eyes lingered upon Gad, the son of Devarakshita, sister of Devaki. He served a constant reminder of his sons who were far away because of the tyrant. As the gentle breeze carried the distant sounds of bells and prayers, Vasudev's mind drifted to his beloved sons, away somewhere in Vraj. Had they been there, they would also be playing along with their younger brothers. But alas, destiny has its plans.

--------

The rhythmic sound of hooves and creaking of bullock carts filled the air as the cowherds of Vraja made their way to Ambikavan, near Saraswati river. At the forefront of the caravan sat Nand, accompanied by his beloved sons Krishna and Balram.

Their faces were lit up with anticipation, eager to reach their destination. Krishna's eyes sparkled with excitement, his heart brimming with joy at the thought of worshiping Mahadev in the sacred forest.

The gentle sway of the bullock cart and the laughter of the cowherd men created a harmonious melody that echoed through the tranquil countryside. The vibrant hues of the wildflowers and the sweet fragrance of blooming jasmine enveloped them in a tapestry of nature's beauty.

Feeling a wave of joy wash over him, Krishna let out a contented sigh and gently lay down, resting his head in Balram's lap. Balram, with a tender smile, ran his fingers through Krishna's dark curls, soothing and calming him.

"Shiv Shiv." Krishna mumbled as he closed his eyes with a smile.

Observing this scene, Nand was struck by a profound sense of awe. The image of Bhagwaan Vishnu meditating on Mahadev, while reclining on Sheshnaag seemed to manifest before him. He beheld his sons with a sense of reverence, as if witnessing a divine vision before his very eyes.

"Krishna ko Mahadev mil jaaye, fir kya chahiye ?" Sunand, the younger brother of Nand, commented as he rode closely behind.

Balram chuckled, "Satya hai Kaka."

"Mahadev mil jaaye, fir kya iccha reh jaati hai ?" Krishna said with his eyes still closed.

"Satyavachan !" Their laughter mixed with the jingling of the bullock cart's bells and the birds chirping in the surrounding trees. Nand looked fondly at his sons.

As they approached the sacred Ambikavan, a sense of anticipation filled the air. Krishna's eyes fluttered open and sparkled with excitement as they neared the temple of Pashupati. They carefully parked their bullock carts under the shade of majestic trees.

Krishna wasted no time and led the way to the temple dedicated to Mahadev. His steps were quick and eager, his heart filled with devotion for his eternal. His excitement was evident to all, and the cowherd men chuckled at his enthusiasm, finding joy in his childish exuberance.

"Kanha thehero !" Balram caught up to him, holding his hand and stopping him on the tracks.

Krishna turned to him, "Mujhe roka kyu Dau ?" He asked with a frown.

"Pehle pavitra Saraswati Nadi mei snaan toh karlo." Balram reminded.

"Uff ho." Krishna whined, Balram chuckled as he pulled his brother with him to Saraswati river. The rest of the cowherds followed closely behind with a smile on their faces.

Arriving on the riverbank, Krishna's expression turned somber as he witnessed the weakening flow of the river. The Saraswati river, whose currents had established their superiority of might over even the Yamuna and Ganga, now flowed meekly, its waters dwindling in volume. The once roaring Sarasvati now seemed to struggle, its waters diminishing in strength and volume. It was clear that in the upcoming years, the river shall depart from earth.

Nevertheless, they entered the river, feeling the sacred waters wash over them and purifying them. The cool water cleansed their bodies and souls, preparing them for their worship of Mahadev. After their bath, they walked towards the temple, their steps light and hearts full of devotion.

As they entered the temple, the air was filled with a sense of reverence and devotion. Seeing the shivling, the smile reappeared on Krishna's face. He and the cowherd men offered their prayers and gratitude to Mahadev, soaking in the peaceful ambiance of the sacred place. They worshiped Pashupati and Mata Uma, with various paraphernalias.

Then, the cowherds donated the gifts of cows, gold, clothing and cooked grains mixed with honey, that they had brought along with them, to the Brahmanas.

"Pashupati humse prasann rahe. Prabhu hum par kripa kare." They prayed.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Shri Krishna and Balram had many brothers, around 63 are named and many more are unnamed. And because it's not possible to show all, I'll mainly show Gad (गद), who's important from the Mahabharat perspective.

And btw, some scholars have claimed that river Saraswati ka pravah Ganga aur Yamuna ke veg se bhi shaktishaali tha. It's described as a roaring river in Vedas.

Sadly this holy river has departed, over time Yamuna will, and lastly Ganga. When all the three rivers have departed, destruction of the world will happen.

For a long time river Saraswati was seen as a myth, lekin it's track has been found.

Archeological research suggests that this river dried up at least 6000 years ago

Archeological research suggests that this river dried up at least 6000 years ago. Now if Vedas have called it a roaring river and Mahabharat tells us about its disappearance, how old are our scriptures ? 🌝
Imaginary Aryans ke baap nahi paida huye honge tab 🙃