CHAPTER 97

Under the tranquil moonlit sky, Nand, Sunand and the cowherds gathered around a crackling campfire on the banks of the Saraswati. They all were fasting and drank only water which the holy river provided. The flickering flames danced to the gentle rhythm of the night breeze, casting a warm glow on their faces as they sat in a circle, sharing stories and laughter.

The sound of crickets and rustling leaves filled the air, creating a symphony of nature's lullaby. The river's gentle murmur added to the peaceful ambiance, as fireflies danced around like twinkling stars. Balram, Krishna, and the others, their faces illuminated by the fire's glow, engaged in light-hearted conversations.

One by one, exhaustion caught up with the cowherds. With content smiles on their faces, they found spots on the soft grass near the riverbank to rest. Unbeknownst to them, a colossal snake with gleaming eyes watched from a distance, its hunger-filled gaze fixed on them.

As the night wore on, fatigue embraced them one by one, their bodies slowly surrendering to sleep. As the cowherds dozed off, the snake slowly slithered closer, fixating on Nand with a predatory gaze. With a sudden lunge, the snake wrapped itself around Nand, its jaws unhinging to swallow him whole.

"AAH ! KRISHNA !" Nand cried out.

The cowherds awoke to the mukhiya's muffled cries, scrambling to his aid. Grabbing fire torches, they frantically tried to beat the monstrous snake back, their shouts echoing through the night. But the creature's grip was too strong, its hunger too fierce. Though the fire burnt his body, he refused to release Nand.

Nand winced and prayed, "Krishna ! O Putra ! O taat ! Maine swayam ko tumhe samarpit kar diya hai ! Meri raksha karo !"

Amidst the chaos, Krishna arrived at the scene with a calm demeanor. The cowherds looked on in despair, hoping for a miracle. He approached the serpent and gently touched it with his foot.  In an instant, a divine light emanated from Krishna's touch, and engulfed the serpent, who instantly released Nand.

To the amazement of the cowherds, the snake transformed into a majestic godly figure. All his sins had been washed away by the mere touch of the lord's divine feet. The cowherds stood in awe as the godly man unfolded his true form, his effulgent body was bedecked with golden ornaments, he was beautiful and worshipable.

He stood before Krishna, with hands folded and head bowed.

"Kaun hai aap ? Jo itne divya aur alokik hoke bhi, ek bhayavaye sarp ke roop mei vicharan kar rahe the ?" Krishna asked.

The godly man humbly replied, "Mai Sudarshan naamak ek prasidh Vidyadhar hu. Apne tej aur roop ke ahankar mei aa, maine Angiras Muni ke vanshajo ka apmaan kar diya tha. Mere iss paap se krodhit ho, unhone mujhe ek tucch sarp hone ka shraap de diya."

Kneeling down in front of Krishna, the man bowed his head with utmost respect, his eyes fixed on Krishna's divine feet.

"Prabhu," Sudarshan continued, "dekha jaaye toh unn tapasviyo ne mere uddhar ke liye hi yeh shraap diya tha. Keval aapke naam jap karne se bolne wala vyakti aur sunne wala vyakti dono tript ho jaate hai. Aur mujhe toh.... Mujhe toh sakshat aapke shri-charano ka sparsh praapt huya hai. Mujhe meri sabhi vikrutiyo aur ashubhta se mukti mil gayi. Ab mai punah apne lok jaa sakta hu. Mujhe aagya de."

Krishna, with a compassionate gaze, raised the man to stand before him. The cowherds watched in awe and wonder as the godly figure slowly started to fade away, his ethereal form merging with the shimmering light that embraced him. As the last remnants of his presence vanished, a sense of tranquility and divine presence lingered in the air, filling the hearts of the cowherds with a profound sense of awe and reverence.

The cowherds, filled with reverence, knelt down before Krishna, recognizing his divine presence and power.

"Aap sab wapas so jaayiye. Ab bhayebhit hone ki koi baat nahi hai." Krishna said.

Stepping forward, Balram said, "Jab tak Krishna saath hai, chinta ki koi baat nahi hai."

With a sense of peace washing over them, they settled back down to rest for the night. As they lay down once again under the starlit sky, a sense of divine protection envelops them, allowing them to drift off into a peaceful and protected slumber.

Next morning they completed the worship of Mahadev and Mata Parvati, and then headed back to Vrindavan, where they respect fully described the deeds of Krishna.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Vidyadharas are considered Upadevas, who serve Mahadev, Kuber, and Indra. They are like spirits of air. They are regarded as doers of good and devoted to joy.

Well it seems I'm following Bhagwatam more than I'm following Harivamsha-😅
But it's because after reading so much, personally I felt that Bhagwatam sits better with the events of Mahabharat, than Harivamsha 🙃