CHAPTER 19

"Yeh satya hai ki Bhishm ko koi bhi parajit nahi kar sakta. Parantu mai kisi bhi mulya par, Gangeya ke sharan mei nahi jayungi. Bhrighushest tapodhan, ab mai wahi jayungi, jaha aisi ban saku, ki yudh bhoomi mei swayam Bhishm ko maar girayu."

"Mahamahim, Amba ka tapasya fallit huya hai. Swayam Mahadev ne use vardaan diya hai ki woh aapki mrityu ka karan banegi."

"Panchal-naresh Drupad ko putri praapt huyi hai Mahadev ki kripa se, parantu woh na jaane kyu use putra ke roop mei pradarshit kar rahe hai."

"Tatparya Amba hi Drupad ki kanya ke roop mei janmi hai ?" Bhishm asked.

Narad replied, "Ha. Wahi tumhara kaal banke janmi hai."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Bhishm's eyes snapped open, his heart pounding with the remnants of the nightmare that had just ripped through his mind. He sat up in his bed, his breath coming in short, ragged gasps. His hands trembled as he tried to steady himself, the words from his dream still haunting him.

The weight of his mortality felt heavier than ever in the stillness of the dawn. He swung his feet over the side of the bed, the cold floor sending a shiver through his body. He poured himself a glass of water and chugged it all in one go. He stood up and began to pace the room, his mind racing with thoughts of his own mortality.

He felt a growing unease gnawing at him, a fear that he was running out of time to fulfill his duties and obligations before his inevitable fate caught up with him. The early morning light took on a harsh quality as it filtered through the windows.

Bhishm's movements became more agitated as he struggled to shake off the heavy weight of his premonition, his mind racing with thoughts of the battles to come and the legacy he would leave behind.

He knew that his death would be at the hands of two. One of them, he already knew, was born in Panchal, a kingdom which was easy to defeat for him. But it was the other, the ancient and eternal god, that filled him with a deep sense of dread. He knew that facing such a powerful and unstoppable force would be his greatest challenge yet, and one that he feared he might not be able to overcome.

He didn't know if Nar has taken birth or not, if yes then where ? In which enemy kingdom would he choose to take birth in to kill him ? What dynasty will he choose ? All these questions plagued him. Because there was no information about him, that he could gather from his spies. Indeed, the fear of unknown, scares a man the most.

His wrinkled brow furrowed with worry, he couldn't shake the sense of impending doom that had gripped him. He had lived a long and storied life, filled with honor and glory, but the thought of succumbing to a force beyond his control left him feeling powerless and vulnerable.

The chirping of birds and the gentle rustling of leaves offered him little solace as he grappled with the inevitability of his demise. He prayed for strength and courage in the face of his impending fate, but deep down, he couldn't shake the feeling of sorrow and despair that had settled in his soul.

A voice brought him out of his thoughts, "Mahamantri Vidur pravesh ki aagya chaahte hai."

What brought him here at this time ? Bhishm wondered as he replied, "Aagya hai."

Vidur, with a lightness in his step, entered the room and approached Bhishm, a smile playing on his lips. He joined his hands and bowed his head.

"Suprabhat Tatshree." He greeted.

Bhishm gave him a nod, his mind still lingering on the thoughts of his death.

Vidur said, "Badhai ho Tatshree ! Bhrata Pandu ko ek baar punah putra ratna ki praapti huyi hai !"

Bhishm's eyes widened in delight, a rare warmth spreading across his weathered features. For a moment, the weight of his sorrows seemed to lift as he listened to Vidur's words.

"Yeh toh atyant prasannata ki baat hai ! Indra ka vardaan fallit ho hi gaya." Bhishm smiled, "Kya naam hai uska ?"

"Arjun." Vidur told. As the name rolled off his tongue, Bhishm's expression shifted. His smile wavered, and a shadow of realization crossed his face.
.
.
.

"अर्जुनः पाण्डवश्रेष्ठः पुरंदरसुतो बली ||
नरः प्रजापतिर्वीरः पूर्वदेवः सनातनः
सव्यसाचीति विख्यातस्त्रिषु लोकेषु वीर्यवान्भीष्ममृत्युर्यथाकालं विहितो वै स्वयम्भुवा ॥"
(The ancient and eternal god, Prajapati Nara, shall appear as the son of Indra, Pandavshresht Mahabali Arjun. Due to his valour, he will be famous in the lokas as Savyasachi. Brahma himself, has appointed him to be the cause of Bhishm's death.)
.
.
.

Arjun. The name that had been foretold to bring about his own demise. The one destined to fulfill the prophecy, the one who will be his undoing, has been born as his own grandson. A dry chuckle escaped his lips as he contemplated the irony of God's play.

"Arjun," Bhishm repeated, his voice tinged with a mixture of amusement and resignation.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Uff 🌝🌝🌝🌝

Btw Aaj double update milega ✨