CHAPTER 45

"Bakasur bhi mara gaya ?" Kamsa's face twisted in anger and frustration. The news of Bakasur's death had just been delivered to him by a messenger, and Kamsa's blood boiled at the thought of yet another failure in his quest to kill his Kaal.

The messenger nodded, "Ji Rajan. Yamuna ke ek tat par uska shav mila."

"Inn murkho se ek balak nahi mara jaa raha." Kamsa muttered to himself, his voice filled with irritation. He clenched his fists in anger, his mind racing with thoughts of how to defeat his nemesis.

After a moment of deep contemplation, Kamsa's eyes gleamed with a sudden resolve. He leaned forward on his throne and commanded his messenger, "Aghasur ko kaho ki Maharaja-dhiraj Kamsa ne uska smaran kiya hai."

"Jo aagya Maharaj." The messenger hurried off to carry out Kamsa's orders, the evil king sat back in his throne, a wicked smile playing on his lips.

--------

The first light of dawn filtered through the window of Yashoda's home, casting a soft glow on the sleeping figure of her beloved Krishna. She gently shook him awake, the sound of birds chirping outside mingling with her soft voice as she cooed his name.

"Lalla ? Uth Jaa na. Aaj tujhe mitro ke saath vihaar par jana hai." Yashoda said, her eyes filled with love as she looked at her precious son.

Krishna yawned and stretched, his eyes still heavy with sleep as he sat up and rubbed his eyes. Yashoda scooped him up in her arms, and led him to the bathing area in the corner of the house, where a large copper vessel filled with warm water awaited them.

From a small copper pot, she poured water over his chubby body, washing away the remnants of sleep. She dipped a cloth into the water and began to gently wash Krishna's face, his eyes closing in contentment at the soothing touch of the cloth.

She lovingly scrubbed his tiny body with a fragrant mixture of turmeric and sandalwood, the sweet scent filling the room. Krishna's dark curls glistened with water droplets, his eyes sparkling playfully.

Next, she poured some fragrant oil into her hands and began to massage her son's body, the sweet scent filling the room as she worked. Krishna sighed in pleasure, his small frame relaxing under her skilled touch.

After his bath, Yashoda wrapped Krishna in a soft cotton towel, rubbing him dry with gentle strokes. Picking him up in her arms, she took him back to the room to get him dressed.

She selects a vibrant yellow silken dhoti for him to wear, tying it around his waist with skillful hands and then securing that in place with a red waistband. She then adorns him with precious jewels and gemstones, placing them carefully on his ears, neck, wrists and forearms, creating a dazzling display of color and light. She also ties delicate jingling anklets on his feet.

Yashoda then begins to comb his dark curly locks, arranging them into a neat topknot, adorning it with peacock feathers. She then placed a flower garland around his neck.

As she finished getting him ready, Yashoda looked at Krishna with pride and adoration, her heart overflowing with love for her mischievous little boy. With a smile she hands him his beloved flute and the small bugle made of horn.

She kissed his forehead and said, "Chal lalla."

Both of them walk out of the room and to the common area of their home. There Balram was already waiting for them, his fair skin shimmering in an opalescent manner under the sunlight. Dressed in silken blue garments, with his bugle tied around his waist, he looked at them with a charming smile as Krishna rushed towards him.

Seeing them both together, looking like the paramount of adorableness, Yashoda sighed. Overwhelmed by motherly love, she took the kohl from her eyes and dotted it behind their ears and warded off any evil eye.

"Kisi ki kudrishti na lage, mere putro ko." She said.

Soon Rohini came out from the kitchen, carrying two lunch bags. She handed it to the boys and said, "Sab mil ke grahan karna."

"Ji maiya !" Both the boys beamed and then ran outside their homes, leaving their mothers overwhelmed with maternal love.

Krishna blew his bugle, hearing the sound of which all his friends came out from their houses with their respective calves. The beautiful boys were equipped with lunch bags, bugles, flutes and sticks. All of them were decorated by their mothers with ornaments of gems, shells, pearls and gold.

Taking their calves along, Krishna and Balram left their home. The cowherd boys and their respective calves joining the brothers. As they went into the forest, they all though decorated already, further decorated themselves with fruits, green leaves, flowers, peacock feathers and soft colourful minerals they found lying around.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Haye mere ko bhi picnic jaane ka man kar gaya 😍😍

Lekin mai toh introvert hu-👁️👁️