CHAPTER 47

The cowherd boys and their calves looked around curiously as they walked on the tongue of Aghasur, disguised as a road, which led them all closer and closer to his mouth. His upper lip resembled a cloud reddened by sunshine, and his lower lip resembled reddish shadows of a cloud.

On the left and right, the two depressions resembling mountain caves were the corners of its mouth, and the high mountain peaks were its teeth. In length and breadth, his tongue resembled a broad traffic-way, and the inside of its mouth was very, very dark, like a cave in a mountain.

The hot fiery wind was the breath coming out of his mouth, giving off the bad smell of burning flesh because of all the dead bodies he has eaten.

The antaryami Krishna, had heard the boys talking among themselves about the artificial python. Unknown to them, it was actually Aghasura, a daitya who had appeared as a python. Krishna, knowing this, wanted to forbid his friends to enter the Aghasur's mouth.

While he was thinking how to stop them, the boys already entered the daitya's mouth. And soon they realised it was a big mistake.

"KRISHNA !" They screamed for help.

"Arrey nahi." Krishna muttered.

He saw that all the cowherd boys, who did not know anyone but him as their lord, had now gone out of his hand and were helpless, having entered like straws into the fire of the abdomen of Aghasur, who was death personified.

It was intolerable for Krishna to be separated from his friends. Therefore, though everything was his leela, arranged by his internal potency, Krishna was momentarily struck with wonder and unsure of what to do.

"KRISHNA ! KRISHNA !"

Hearing their pleas for help, without wasting a moment, Krishna darted straight towards the daitya, and quickly entered his mouth. Aghasur thought he had won, and had avenged the death of his sister Putana and his brother Bakasur.

Meanwhile Krishna walked inside, and gasped seeing the lifeless bodies of his friends and calves, he was filled with fury at Aghasur who dared to harm his devotees. This sacrilege shall not go unpunished.

And so, the daitya's wicked joy of victory was short-lived. Suddenly he started feeling suffocated because Krishna had increased the size of his form, inside Aghasur's body. The daitya tried to increase his size as well, however it was futile against the power of Krishna.

And then soon, Aghasur's breathing stopped, his eyes rolled out and he was completely suffocated. His life force, however, could not pass through any outlet, and therefore it finally burst out through a hole in the top of his head.

When all the Aghasur's life force had passed away through that hole in the top of his head, Krishna glanced over the dead calves and cowherd boys and brought them back to life with his grace.

"Krishna !" They all muttered delightedly and rushed towards him, hugging him tightly.

Krishna smiled, "Ab bhaye ka koi karan nahi hai, mitro. Mai hu na." He said in an assuring manner.

Then he came out from the Aghasur's mouth with his friends and the calves. From the body of the gigantic python, a glaring effulgence came out, illuminating all directions, and stayed individually in the sky until Krishna came out from the corpse's mouth. Then, as all looked on, this effulgence entered into his body.

Thereafter, everyone being pleased, the gods began to shower flowers from above, for Aghasur had been a cause of their terror as well. The apsaras began to dance, and the Gandharvas, offered songs of prayer. The drummers began to beat their kettledrums, and everyone offered Vedic hymns. In this way, both in the heavens and on earth, everyone began to perform his own duties, glorifying the lord.

In every direction there was only one chant, "Jai Jai ! Jai Jai !"

From above all, Brahma looked down on earth, with a smile on his face. He admired how Narayan's avatar was delighting all his devotees in different manners.

"Chalo dekhe, ki kya Krishna ki maya, Brahma ki maya ke saamne tik paati hai ki nahi." He muttered smilingly.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Btw, the stealing of cowherd boys and calves by Brahma and the Aghasur vadh happened on the same day.

Anyway.... *Cuts Aghasur's name from the list*