CHAPTER 94

In search of Krishna, Radha and the Gopis entered the depths of the forest as far as the light of the moon shone. They had entered a part of the forest so dense that even the light of the full moon couldn’t penetrate it. They found themselves engulfed in darkness.

"Aage nahi Jana chahiye, Radha." Lalita said.

Radha shook her head, "Mujhe jaane do."

Chandravali said, "Kintu Radha, waha purntaha andhera hai. Krishna ke pad-chinh hume nahi dikhenge."

With heavy hearts, they turned behind, taking the despondent Radha with them, all of them were extremely sorrowful. Their minds were absorbed in thoughts of Krishna, they conversed about him, acted out his pastimes and felt themselves filled with his presence. They completely forgot about their homes as they loudly sang the glories of Krishna’s transcendental qualities.

The Gopis again came to the bank of Yamuna. Meditating on Krishna and eagerly hoping he would come, they sat down together to sing of him.

As the pastimes of Krishna spontaneously arose in the minds of the Gopis, they sang their song of auspiciousness. In their separation from him, the Gopis considered a single moment an entire age. Even when they had previously seen him they had found the blinking of their eyelids intolerable, for it blocked their vision of him for a fraction of a second.

Their voices rose in a melancholic melody, singing his glories to draw him back. Each note carried their heartfelt plea for his return, a beautiful yet sorrowful serenade that resonated through the night, beseeching Krishna to grace them once again with his divine presence.

Their voices rose and fell like the waves of the ocean, carrying the weight of their unfulfilled desires. Tears glistened in their eyes as they sang, their souls reaching out to the one who had captured their hearts. The night air was filled with the haunting melody of their lament, a symphony of love and devotion that echoed through the trees.

Their voices quivered with emotion, singing of Krishna's virtues and grace, hoping to touch his heart once more. But the silence that followed was heavy with unspoken words and tears. The Gopis wept openly, their sorrow echoing through the night, a lament for the love they feared they had lost. Each tear than fell, cleansed them of their pride, intensifying their love for him.

And then, wearing a garland and a yellow garment, looking like one who can bewilder the mind of Kaamdev, who himself bewilders the minds of ordinary people, Krishna appeared before the maidens.

When the Gopis saw that Krishna had returned to them, they all stood up at once, and out of their affection for Him their eyes bloomed wide. It was as if life had reentered their bodies.

"Krishna !" Radha exclaimed as she ran to him, falling his embrace. The rest of the women also rushed to him. Krishna smiled contently.

Some of the Gopis, overwhelmed with ecstasy at seeing Him, grasped his hands, others placed his arm on their shoulders, and others accepted the remnants of betel nut he had chewed. Thus they served him. All the Gopis enjoyed the greatest festivity when they saw their beloved Krishna again. They gave up the distress of separation.

Encircled by the Gopis, who were now relieved of all distress, Krishna shone forth splendidly like Paramatma encircled by his spiritual potencies.

Then took the Gopis with him to the another bank of the Yamuna, who with the hands of her waves had scattered piles of soft sand upon the shore. In that auspicious place the breeze, bearing the fragrance of blooming kunda and mandar flowers, attracted many bees, and the abundant rays of the autumn moon dispelled the darkness of night.

Their heartache vanquished by the ecstasy of seeing Krishna, the Gopis, like the personified Vedas before them, felt their desires completely fulfilled. For their dear Krishna they arranged a seat with their shawls.

He sat down, his transcendental body, the exclusive abode of beauty and opulence within the three worlds, shone brilliantly as the Gopis worshiped and honoured him by glancing at him with playful smiles, gesturing amorously with their eyebrows, and massaging his hands and feet as they held them in their laps.

Even while worshiping him, however, they felt somewhat angry.

"Krishna, hum tumse itna prem karte hai, toh tum hume uska fal dene mei itna vilamb kyu lagate ho ?" Lalita asked.

Krishna chuckled, "Lalitey, jab bhi koi jeevatma mujhe apna hridaye samarpit karti hai, toh mai turant uska pratifal nahi deta. Mai chaahta hu ki uska prem mere prati aur badhe. Iss liye mai, kabhi kabhi swayam ko usse dur kar leta hu. Mera aisa karna, vyakti ko moksh ke maarg par agrasar kar deta hai."

Gazing at them all he said, "Meri priya gopiyo, mai keval iss liye adrishya huya tha, jisse tumhara prem mere prati badh jaaye. Kintu aisa mat samajhna ki maine tumhe prem karna band kardiya. Iss liye mere prati kathor bhaavna mat rakhna. Tum log sabhi bandhan tod mere paas aayi ho. Tum sabhi ke prem ka hrin, toh mai Brahma ke jeevankaal mei bhi kabhi chuka nahi paayunga."

When the cowherd girls heard his speak words, they forgot their distress caused by separation from Him. Touching his limbs, massaging them, they felt all their desires fulfilled.

"Ab jab tum sab mera udeshya samajh gayi ho, toh yaha aane ka karan bhi fallit ho jaaye." Krishna said as he took out his flute.

"Kaisa udeshya ?" Radha asked.

Krishna smiled, "Raas leela." He said, bringing the flute close to his lips.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Raat suhaani
Mast chaandni
Mausam yeh albela hai
Raas rachaye natkhat Kanha
Leeladhar ki leela hai✨

(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)