CHAPTER 39

The sun was shining brightly in the sky, casting a golden glow over the lush green meadows of the Yamuna. Krishna, Balram, and their friends were out grazing the calves, their laughter and chatter filling the air.

The calves were frolicking around, their soft brown fur glistening in the sunlight as they grazed on the fresh green grass. Krishna and Balram were moving among them, gently petting their heads and showering them with affection.

Their friends were joining in, laughing and playing with the young calves, their joy infectious as they ran and jumped around the meadow. As the gentle breeze rustled through the trees, the sound of the flowing Yamuna added to the peaceful atmosphere.

Krishna and Balram's love for the calves was evident in the way they cared for them, their gentle touch soothing the young animals.

But suddenly, Krishna's eyes fell upon a blackish calf with reddish eyes, coming to their direction. It didn't belong to their herds, neither did he look ordinary like the rest of the calves. It was comparatively bigger, had small but sharp horns and appeared much stronger.

"Yeh kaisa bachda hai ?" Subala voiced the thoughts of the rest of the boys.

However Krishna smiled, knowing that this calf was none other than the Daitya named Vatasur, sent by Kamsa. The lord eyed Balram, who too smirked seeing the Asur and then back at his brother.

Krishna stepped forward, "Lagta hai yeh apne gotra se kho gaya hai. Chalo hi isko sharan dedu."

Seeing Krishna walking towards himself, Vatasur narrowed his eyes, feeling an outworldly aura from the child. Recognising him to be the kaal of Kamsa, and determined to do his job, but he knew he must do so but with caution.

"Wah wah. Adbhut." Krishna muttered, feigning ignorance, "Kitna sundar bachda hai yeh." He said in a captivated tone as he walked closer, and gently caressed the Vatasur's body, subtly maneuvering himself to the back of the disguised asur.

Vatasur smirked internally, thinking that his form has enraptured the young boy and now it shouldn't be too hard for him to kill him.

"Ise toh mai Nand baba ke gaushala mei le jata." Krishna said as his fingers caressed the back legs and the tail, "Yadi yeh ek daitya na hota !"

Vatasur's eyes widened as, suddenly, with lightning speed, Krishna grabbed him by his tail and legs, spinning him around with a powerful force. The Asur's disguise was shattered as he let out a blood-curdling scream, revealing his true form.

Seeing a fearsome daitya, the cowherd boys got frightened. But to put an end to their fear, Krishna kept spinning Vatasur around in the air with such force that his life was instantly taken from him. With the Asur's lifeless body in his grasp, Krishna flung him towards a nearby tree, causing the body to shatter internally.

The cowherd boys were astonished, and cheered, "WAH KRISHNA ! WAH !"

"Krishna jab tak humare saath hai tab tak hume bhayebhit hone ki koi awashyakta nahi hai." Madhumangal said happily.

The rest agreed, "Satyavachan !" and began praising him even more.

-------

The sky was painted in shades of pink and orange, and the air was filled with the sound of birds returning to their nests. As the sun began to set, Krishna and Balram made their way back to their home in Vrindavan after a long day of playing and herding the calves.

As they approached their home, they saw several Gopi women carrying pots of milk and butter, carefully placing them in a row. Their father Nand was standing nearby, counting the pots and noting them down in a paper.

Curious, Krishna and Balram walked over to see what was happening.

"Baba, yeh sab kya ho raha hai ?" Krishna asked.

Nand smiled looking at his beloved son, and in a gentle tone said, "Maharaj Kamsa ko varshik kar dene ki taiyaari."

Balram frowned, for he noticed that this year there were more pots than last year, "Parantu itna sara ?"

Nand sighed sadly, "Ha putra. Kamsa ne kar badha di hai. Ab woh aadhe se zyada hissa maang raha hai humare dugdh, dahi aur makhan ka."

Balram's fists clenched in anger, "Parantu yeh toh anyaaye hai. Yadi hum itna sara kar denge, toh humare paas bachega kya ?"

"Hum kuch nahi kar sakte, Balram." Nand said sadly, "Yadi shaanti aur suraksha chahiye, toh yeh dena padega."

Balram huffed at the injustice but Krishna remained calm, "Chinta na kariye, Dau."

Samkarshan looked at his brother, who gave him a playful wink, before holding his hand and pulling him inside the home.

"Tumhare man mei kya chal raha hai Kanha ?" Balram asked.

Krishna smiled, "Maiyaye dugdh se dahi, chaas aur makhan humare liye banati hai. Toh grahan bhi hum sab hi karenge, Kamsa nahi."

Balram shook his head, "Maiyaye Kamsa ke bhaye se hume kuch nahi dene wali."

"Toh chura lenge." Krishna grinned.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Fun segments coming up (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

Also.... *Crosses Vatasur's name from the list*