CHAPTER 98

In the serene embrace of the moonlit forest, Krishna and Balram sat surrounded by a circle of young Gopis, their laughter echoing through the trees. Some lean against Krishna's chest, while others find solace in Balram's strong embrace. The air was filled with the sweet scent of flowers as they engage in lively conversation, their faces illuminated by the soft glow of the stars above.

The Gopis gazed at Krishna and Balram with adoration in their eyes, their voices blending in harmonious melodies singing praises of their beloved lords. Krishna's enchanting flute fills the air with its melodious tunes, captivating all who listen. Balram's laughter adds to the joyous ambiance, his presence exuding strength and protection.

The Gopis and the divine brothers engage in light-hearted banter and playful exchanges, their laughter echoing through the tranquil forest. With a mischievous twinkle in their eyes, Krishna and Balram began to sing. Their voices intertwined, creating a melodious harmony that seemed to resonate through the entire forest. The Gopis were entranced by the divine voices mingled together, their hearts overflowing with love and devotion.

Amidst the enchanting music, a yaksh named Shankachood appeared, a jewel gleaming on his forehead. His eyes, filled with desire, fixated on the beautiful Gopis held in the arms of Krishna and Balram. Shankachood, the servant of Kuber, stood in awe of the sight before him - the divine beings surrounded by ethereal maidens lost in a moment of love and devotion.

The jewel on his forehead seemed to pulse with a wicked light as he contemplated disrupting the sacred harmony of the moment. The Gopis, lost in the bliss of divine love, remained unaware of the yaksh's presence as he gazed upon them with lustful intentions.

Krishna and Balram, lost in their divine trance, remained unaware of the looming danger. Their eyes closed, they continued to sing, enveloped in the bliss of their music and the love that flowed through their souls. However sensing the malevolent presence, the Gopis felt a chill run down their spines, fear gripping their hearts. Slowly, they stood up, their eyes wide with alarm as they beheld the sinister figure before them.

As Shankachood took a menacing step forward, the Gopis' fear intensified, and they fled towards the safety of the northern direction, their hearts pounding with terror. The yaksh, driven by his dark desires, chased after them relentlessly, his malevolent laughter echoing through the forest.

"Krishna ! Balram !" Their cries pierced the tranquil air.

Krishna and Balram were jolted back to reality by the Gopis' distress. Witnessing Shankachood's predatory pursuit, a fierce rage ignited within the brothers.

"Bhayebhit na ho !" They both called out in reply.

Without a moment's hesitation, Krishna and Balram swiftly grab giant logs of the shala tree, their muscles tensed with fury, and ran after Shankachood. The ground trembles beneath their feet as they close in on the yaksh.

Seeing them nearing, Shankachood stumbles backward in fear, his earlier lustful gaze replaced by sheer terror at the sight of the furious brothers, who seemed like time and death, personified. He abandons the Gopis and quickly fled for life.

Balram reached the frightened maidens, "Ab tum surakshit ho. Chinta ki koi baat nahi hai." He assured them.

Though Balram stayed behind, Krishna's pursuit intensified as he continued to chase down Shankachood with unwavering resolve. The forest echoed with his thundering footsteps of as he relentlessly pursued the yaksh.

Shankachood, realizing the gravity of the situation, tried to save himself in terror as Krishna's divine anger burned like a blazing fire. With unmatched speed and agility, Krishna pressed on, his divine aura radiating power and determination as he relentlessly chased the yaksh through the dense forest.

Shankachood stumbled and fell to the ground. Krishna finally caught up to him like death. In a swift motion, Krishna seized Shankachood, his eyes flashing with divine retribution. The yaksh trembled, recognizing the divine wrath closing in on him.

"K-Kshama- Kshama !" Shankachood begged.

"Stree ke maan ko bhang karne wale paapi ko kshama nahi," Krishna's voice thundered through the forest, "DAND MILTA HAI !"

With a swift movement, Krishna grabbed the crest-jewel of Shankachood's forehead, firmly holding it in his grasp. Shankachood cried out in pain as Krishna's strength effortlessly ripped the jewel off his forehead. The yaksh crumpled to the ground, defeated and lifeless, his dark desires extinguished by the divine justice of Krishna.

Krishna's eyes, once filled with anger, now soften as he looks at the lifeless form of Shankachood. He takes a deep breath, his chest rising and falling with each exhale as he calms himself. He turned away from the fallen yaksh and walked back to where the Gopis and Balram were.

The Gopis looked at him with a mixture of fear and awe, while Balram stood by their side, offering reassurance. The young maidens, still trembling from the encounter, felt a sense of peace wash over them in Krishna's presence.

Krishna smiled at them, "Ab tum sab surakshit ho. Mere rehte, tumhare samman mei koi haani nahi ho sakti."

Then in a solemn gesture, Krishna handed the bloody gem to Balram. Together they walked back through the forest, the moon casting a glow upon their path.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

There are two Shankachoodas in scriptures. This one is a Yaksh, and is killed by Krishna. Another one is an Asur, the husband of Tulsi Devi, who is killed by Mahadev.

So don't get confused ✨

Waise sringaas ras toh ho gaya accha khasa.... Let's get back to dhishoom dhishoom 🌝 *takes out Asuro ki list*