CHAPTER 61

The gentle rustling of leaves and the distant chirping of crickets had lulled the cowherd men, women and children into a deep slumber. But as the night wore on, the temperature began to rise, and a faint smell of smoke wafted through the air. The people of Vrindavan, lost in their dreams, did not notice the danger that was approaching.

It was only when the crackling of flames grew louder and the orange glow of fire illuminated the forest around them that they awoke with a start. Panic and fear gripped their hearts as they realized they were surrounded by a raging forest fire. The flames licked at the trees, sending sparks flying and casting eerie shadows on the ground.

"Van mei aag lag gayi !"

The people of Vrindavan scrambled to their feet, coughing and choking on the thick smoke that filled the air. In their desperation, they turned to Krishna and Balram, their beloved protectors.

The Gopas pleaded, "O Krishna ! O Balram ! Tum dono ka bal-vikram anant hai. Yeh Agni tumhare swajano ko jalana chaahti hai. Humari raksha karo ! Hum tumse prithak nahi hona chaahte !"

"Hume mrityu ka bhaye nahi hai," The Gopis said, "Parantu Krishna, tumhare komal charankamal chhodne mei hum asamarth hai !"

Krishna stepped forward, his eyes ablaze with determination and power. With a calm and steady gaze, he looked at the flames that danced wildly, devouring the trees and bushes, consuming everything in their path.

With a wave of his hand, Krishna called upon the forces of nature to obey his command. The wind began to howl, whipping around him in a swirling vortex. The flames danced and flickered, as if bowing to his will. And then, in a breathtaking display of power, Krishna opened his mouth wide and swallowed the entire forest fire in one giant gulp.

The people of Vrindavan watched in awe and wonder as the flames disappeared, leaving behind only a faint wisp of smoke. Their hearts swelled with gratitude and reverence for the miraculous feat they had just witnessed.

Yashoda could only watch in wonder and disbelief as her son performed this incredible feat. Tears streamed down her face as she knelt before Krishna, checking his throat which burned hot with the remnants of the fire. And then, unable to contain her emotions any longer, she embraced him tightly, her heart overflowing with love and worry.

"Tu kya hai lalla ?" She asked.

Krishna smiled, "Tu mujhe apna putra hi samajh maiya."

The villagers fell to their knees in reverence and awe, their eyes moistened with wonder. In that moment, they knew without a doubt that Krishna was no ordinary boy, but a true god in human form. And as the last embers of the fire died away, leaving only a charred landscape in its wake, the people of Vrindavan bowed their heads in reverence to the one who had saved them all.

--------

Kamsa was pacing back and forth in the throne room, bereft of all the dignitaries, filled with undeserving yet honoured Asuras. Beads of sweat were rolling down his forehead, the summer heat was scorching him and so was the thoughts about his kaal still being alive after all those years.

"Kya ek Asur mei bhi itna samarthya nahi ki woh ek balak ka vadh kar sake ?" He asked.

Turning to them, the wicked king exclaimed, "Mera kaal kaun hai ? Kaha hai ? Uska Naam kya hai !? Dikhta kaisa hai !? Yeh sab Mai nahi jaanta ! Tum jaise abhimaani asuro se ek balak ko maarna toh chhodo, itna bhi pata nahi lagaya gaya !"

Chanur said, "Yadi koi wapas lauta hota toh pata lagta. Parantu sab mrityu ko praapt huye."

"Woh Vishnu atyant chatur aur mayavi hai, Maharaj." Mushtik said.

Kamsa huffed as he sat down on his throne, "Yadi woh kaha hai, itna pata chal jaaye toh mai hi uska vadh kardu."

"Ek balak ko maarne ab Maharaja-dhiraj swayam jaayenge ?" An Asur said.

Kamsa looked at him, "Woh balak nahi hai Pralamb. Woh mera kaal hai."

Pralambasur smiled as he stood up from his seat, "Jaanta hu Maharaj. Mana woh Vishnu ka avatar hai, parantu hai toh woh keval ek balak hi. Rajan, aapne jitne Asur bheje, woh sab murkh the. Shatru par sidha akraman karna samajhdaari nahi. Pehle uski durbalta khoji jaati hai, fir uss hi durbalta ka laabh utha, Shatru parast kiya jata hai."

Kamsa leaned forward, "Toh jaao. Yeh prayatn bhi karlo."

"Jo aagya." Pralambasur smirked as he bowed.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Dekho Pralambasur Bhai..... Ran-niti acchi hai..... Lekin dikkat wahi hai ki tum jisko shatru Maan rahe ho, unki koi durbalta hi nahi hai-*coughs*

And.... Guess what.... Not three but four asuras are left 😀
Vyomasur ko toh mai bhul hi gayi thi-😀
So more dhishoom dhishoom 😀✨