CHAPTER 69

The morning sun softly filtered through the open windows, bathing the room in a warm, golden glow. Radha sat motionless on a cushion, her eyes half-closed as Vishakha gently brushed her long, dark tresses. With each stroke of the comb, Radha's mind drifted further into blissful daydreams of her beloved Krishna. A faint smile played on her lips as she imagined his charming smile, his melodic flute playing, the feeling of his strong arms wrapped tenderly around her.

Vishakha hummed softly as she worked, taking care not to tug too hard when the comb caught on a snarl. Radha didn't seem to notice, lost as she was in her reverie. As Vishakha continued brushing, the teeth of the comb suddenly caught on something - a glint of gold woven into Radha's hair. Gently working it free, Vishakha held up a golden ring, its surface intricately carved.

"Swamini, yeh kiski anguthi hai ?" She asked holding it to Radha.

Radha took the ring in her hand, and inspected it, a smiled appeared on her lips, "Krishna ki hai."

"Laayiye, Kishori." Lalita said, "Mai Krishna ko de aati hu."

Radha smilingly nodded as she gave the ring to Lalita, who held it between her palms with utmost care, before heading out the door, the pleasant morning air embracing her as she set off to find Krishna.

In the groves of Vrindavan, the cowherd boys were searching high and low for the ring of Krishna. Subala and Madhumangal scanned the ground near the sparkling river of Yamuna, their hands digging through the soft earth, hoping to catch a glint of the missing ring.

Bhadrasen and Vijayaksh searched among the colorful flowers, carefully lifting each petal to check if the ring had slipped beneath them. Meanwhile, Sridama and Mansukh climbed up the tall trees, their keen eyes sweeping over the branches and leaves, searching for any sign of the precious ring. As they scoured every nook and cranny of the forest, the friends of Krishna exchanged anxious glances, for they were unable to find it.

Lalita arrived there and saw their futile search. With a knowing smile, she directly approached Krishna who was standing by a tranquil stream, watching over his friends fussing over his ring.

"Apne mitro se bolo ki unhe tumhari anguthi nahi milegi." Lalita said as she presented his lost ring to him.

Krishna's eyes lit up, "Kaha mili tumhe ?" He asked.

"Radha ke kesho mei." She said playfully.

Krishna, overcome with gratitude, took the ring from Lalita's outstretched hand and slipped it back onto his index finger.

"Shyaam," Lalita mischievously looked at him, "Ab tumhari anguthi lautayi hai, toh kuch bhet toh do." She said.

With a playful twinkle in his eyes, Krishna extended his index finger, gesturing for Lalita to take her gift. Her sheepish smile turned into a mischievous grin as she leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on Krishna's index finger. A giggle escaped her lips as she felt a surge of joy and excitement fill her heart.

Taking a few steps back, she said ecstatically, "Ram kare tumhari murli bhi kho jaaye !" Before running back, causing Krishna to laugh.

------

In the tranquil meadows of Vrindavan, the sun began its descent, casting a golden hue over the lush green landscape. Krishna and Balram, along with their dear cowherd friends, gathered in a clearing to play the beloved game of seven stones.

The air was filled with laughter and joy as the boys took turns tossing the stones and trying to knock down the tower of stacked stones. The sound of their gleeful shouts and playful banter filled the air, mingling with the gentle rustle of the leaves and the distant lowing of cows.

The boys were completely engrossed in the game, with their competitive spirits. The cows, left unattended, wandered off in search of more lush pastures. Their gentle mooing could be heard in the distance as they meandered further away, drawn by the allure of fresh green grass.  Oblivious to their animals' departure, the boys continued to play, completely absorbed in the moment.

As the cows wandered further into the meadow, enticed by the lush greenery, they began grazing peacefully, unaware of the impending danger. Suddenly, a flicker of orange caught their attention, and to their horror, they saw billowing smoke rising from a distant part of the forest. The crackling sound of the fire sent shivers down their spines, and instinctively, they sensed the imminent danger.

Panicked and frightened, the cows scampered away from the approaching flames, their hearts pounding with fear. They ran towards the safety of the canes, seeking refuge and protection from the raging inferno. Huddled together, they lowed plaintively, calling out for their beloved owners.

Their cries echoed through the forest, a desperate plea for divine intervention. In their distress, they called out for Krishna, Krishna and Krishna only.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Tum dhundho mujhe Gopal
Mai, khoyi gaiya Teri.
Sudh lo Mori Gopal,
Mai, khoyi gaiya teri....

The pleas of cows reminded me of this song by Jagjit Singh 🙃