CHAPTER 29

Krishna stood in the front yard, tied to a heavy mortar. The hot afternoon sun beat down on him as he looked around, wondering what to do. He saw birds flying in the sky, cows grazing in the fields, and children playing nearby. He felt restless and wondered what to do to pass the time.

His eyes then fell upon the two towering Arjun trees nearby, and a mischievous glint appeared in his eyes. Recognising it to be the Yamlarjun trees, who were none other than the sons of Kuber, Nalkuber and Manigriva, reduced to this state after being cursed by Narad Muni due to being insolent of their wealth, and losing their sense of discrimination because of overindulgence.

Without hesitation, Krishna decided to redeem them from their plight. With determination in his eyes, he began to drag the heavy mortar behind him as he made his way towards the trees.

As he reached the trees, he tried to walk past them, but the mortar got stuck between them. Undeterred, little Krishna continued to pull, his tiny feet digging into the ground as he tried to move forward. With a sudden burst of strength, he pushed ahead, and the force of the mortar caused the trees to tremble and quake.

The ground shook beneath his feet as he continued to pull, and then, with a loud groan, the trees began to topple. The leaves rustled and the branches swayed as the trees crashed to the ground, sending dust and debris billowing into the air.

Two divine men, as radiant as fire, none other than Nalkuber and Manigriva came out, with joined hands they repeatedly offered their humble salutations to Krishna, completely prostrating themselves before him.

Nalkuber said, "Sachidananda ! Paramyogeshwar Shri Krishna ! Parambrahmswaroop Purushottam ! Hume mukt karne ke liye aapka koti koti dhanyawad."

Manigriva said, "O param kalyan swaroop, aapko namaskaar ! O Param mangal Mangal swaroop, aapko namaskaar ! O Param shaanti swaroop, jo sabke hridaye mei vicharan karte hai, aapko namaskaar ! Aaj hum aapke daas ho gaye, aapke daaso ke daas ho gaye !"

Touching their heads on his lotus feet, the brothers said, "Prabhu, Munivar Narad de shraap ke karan hi hum aapke darshan kar paaye hai, humari vaani aapke mangalmaye guno ko gaati rahe, humare kaan aapke rasmaye kathao ko sunte rahe, humare haath aapki sewa mei aur man aapke charan-kamal ki smriti mei lage rahe."

Hearing their praises for him, Krishna, still tied to the mortar, laughed and said, "Tum log srimad se andhe ho gaye the. Yeh baat Mai pehle se jaanta tha. Karunamayi Narad ne shraap de tumhara aishwarya nasht kar tumhara kalyaan kiya hai. Tum dono ko sansaar chakra se mukti dene wali bhaktibhaav praapt ho chuki hai. Ab tum dono mere prati samarpit ho, apne apne ghar laut jaao."

Nalkuber and Manigriva then performed circumambulation around Krishna, saluting and prostrating before him repeatedly, before taking his permission and flying away

The sound of the falling trees caught the attention of Nand and other adults, who rushed to the scene, their faces filled with shock and disbelief. They, who had first thought that lightning has stuck the earth, now wondered how the trees had fallen, unable to comprehend what had just happened.

"Itne vishaal vriksh apne aap kaise gir gaye ?"

"Aur Krishna yaha kaise aya ?"

The children who had been playing nearby eagerly told the adults, "Yeh vriksh Krishna ne hi giraye !"

"Kya ?" Nand asked.

"Ha Nandraj. Okhli khichte khichte Krishna yaha aya, pedo ke bich fas gaya, jab ise zor se okhli khicha toh vriksh gir pade." One of the children said.

Another one said, "Aur fir isme se do devpurush nikle, unhone Krishna ki stuti ki, baar baar pranam kiya, aur parikrama kar aakaash mei ud gaye."

The adults shook their heads, finding it hard to believe such a small child could have such strength. They thought the children were just making these up. However some of the cowherds remembered earlier deeds of Krishna and became suspicious that maybe it was his deed only.

Nand gazed at Krishna, and seeing his son who was more dear to him than his life, tied to the mortar like so, he began laughing. Kneeling down in front of him, Nand untied Krishna and scooped his son in his arms.

"Chalo Ishwar ki kripa hai ki kisi ko chot nahi pahuchi." He said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

So I think from here comes the concept of 'Dasanudas' which is the humility of some devotees, who claim that they are the servants of the servants (other devotees) of God 🙏✨