CHAPTER 31

The sun was setting over the village of Gokul as Krishna and Balram made their way back home. Although their thirst had been quenched by the cool buttermilk of Ambika, but now their stomachs grumbled in hunger.

Holding his stomach, Balram said, "Mujhe bahut bhook lagi hai, Kanha."

"Mujhe bhi." Krishna said.

"Bhojan kuch samaye mei ban jaayega. Parantu yadi abhi kuch alpahaar kar lete hai." Balram told.

Krishna fell into thoughts, wondering what they could eat to temporarily satisfy their hunger.

"Fal lelo fal !" Just then, the sweet, melodious voice of a fruit seller woman reached their ears. She was walking with a basket full of juicy mangoes, ripe bananas, and luscious grapes on her head and calling out to passersby.

Krishna's eyes lit up at the sight of the colorful fruits and he ran towards the woman, stopping her in her tracks.

Krishna's eyes lit up at the sight of the colorful fruits, "Fal wali Maiya ! Tanik ruko !" He called out stopping her in his tracks.

The fruit seller smiled and nodded, setting down her basket outside the gate of Nand's home. Krishna's eyes widened with longing as he gazed at the colorful array of fruits.

"Mujhe yeh fal khaane hai." He said.

"Awashya, lalla." She smiled, "Ghar se kuch anaaj le aao."

Krishna asked, "Kitna laayu ?"

Seeing his adorable face, she sighed and said, "Tu jitna laayega mai utne mei fal dedungi."

Without wasting a moment, Krishna darted inside the house and returned with fistfuls of grains in both hands. Soon he returned with fistfuls of grains in both hands, but as he ran towards the fruit seller, the grains started slipping through his small fingers, falling onto the ground.

The fruit seller watched with amusement, as Krishna's determination to bring her something in return for the fruits shone through his every movement. The lord who bestows the fruits of their karm to everyone, was eager to buy her fruits today.

When he finally reached where she was, there were barely any grains left on his soft palms but a sheer look of pure innocence and sincerity was etched on his face. The fruit seller laughed at the sight, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Oh ho...." Krishna looked at his hands disappointment, "Anaaj toh gir gaya. Ab kya ?"

The lady chuckled, and sweetly said, "Maine kaha tha na lalla, tu jitna dega mere liye paryapt hoga."

She held out her hand to Krishna, and he carefully poured the remaining grains into her palm. Overwhelmed by the unexplainable love that she was feeling, she handed him plenty of fresh fruits, more than what he could carry.

Seeing her generosity, the lord smiled and said, "Toh jitna de raha hu swikar karlo."

The fruit seller frowned in confusion hearing his words, but then suddenly felt that something was twinkling down there. She gazed down at her basket and was stunned to see that instead of fruits, it now contained expensive jewels and precious gems. She blinked in disbelief, wondering how this had happened.

Rubies, sapphires, and diamonds sparkled in the fading light, casting a mesmerizing glow. The fruit seller gasped in disbelief, her eyes widening with wonder. She had never seen such precious jewels in her entire life.

She stuttered, her voice trembling, "Y-Yeh sab ?" Her disbelief was palpable.

Krishna replied, his voice filled with a sense of divine love, "Tumne mujhe jo prem diya hai, uske saamne toh yeh kuch bhi nahi."

She couldn't believe her eyes, "Yeh tumhari maya hai ?"

"Maya nahi prem hai maiya." Krishna reassured her.

Curiosity overwhelmed her, "Kintu mere thode se fal ke liye itne saare ratna ?" She asked.

Krishna explained, "Woh thode se fal nahi the. Tumhare liye woh tumhare ek samaye ke bhojan ka aadhar the. Jo tumne prem sahit mujhe arpan kardiya."

She gazed at Krishna with tears in her eyes, realizing that the little boy before her was no ordinary child.

"Chakit na ho maiya." Krishna said giving her an assuring smile, "Tumhare madhur rasile fal, tumhare karmfal mei badal gaye."

The fruit seller was speechless, her heart overflowing with gratitude and wonder. In that fleeting moment, she understood that she had been blessed with the presence of the divine. She bowed before him, thanking him for their unexpected gift.

Being offered just a bit of love, Krishna bestowed upon her such wealth, which she couldn't even imagine to possess even in her dreams. Truly, the son of Nand was one of a kind businessman !

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Bhojan ke nahi, bhagwaan toh bhaav ke bhukhe hai 😍🙏

I love this leela of Krishna, because here he assures us that he is not looking at what we offer him, or how much we offer him, he's looking at the amount of love and devotion that we are offering him in guise of a bhog or an object ✨