CHAPTER 35

The hundreds of wolves that had been manifested from Krishna's body, spread in every direction of Braj. They fed on flesh, blood and marrow. There was a great fright among the all the residents. These wolves devoured calves and children, frightening cows and gopa women. They terrorized gopa men, who were now unable to go to the forest, or protect their cattle. They were unable to collect anything from the forest, or cross the river.

The tiger-like wolves had rendered Braj immobile and everyone was forced to gather together in one place, and discuss the adversity. Krishna Balram were seated beside Nand, looking at everyone's tear stained and frightened faces. It pained them to seem their fellow folks like so, however this was for the greater good.

"Bhediyo ke karan, ab Gokul mei rehna asambhav ho gaya hai."

"Pratyek Ghar mei keval raav hai, apne putra, gaaye aur bacchdo ko lekar, jinka bhakshan inn bhediyo ne kiya hai."

Concerned by the sounds of weeping and the mooing of the cows, the gopa elders gathered together and were deciding to move Braj.

An old wise man named Upnand said, "Saathiyo, Vrindavan naam ka ek van hai , usme chhote chhote aur naye naye aur bhi van hai. Saath hi saath ek bada parvat, ghaas aur hari-bhari lataye bhi hai. Humare pashuo ke liye woh bada hitkaari sthaan hoga. Gop, gopiya aur balak bhi waha surakshit rahenge."

Hearing his proposal, everyone gathered unanimously agreed. Krishna and Balram looked at each other and smiled, their divine plan to move to Vrindavan was finally being successful.

Nand said, "Toh taye hai, hum sab Vrindavan jaa, apna braj wahi basayenge."

Upnand said, "Hum gwalo ki ekmaatra sampatti humari gaaye hai. Isse pehle bhediya unn sabhi ka bhakshan karde, hume gaayo ko pehle bhej dena chahiye."

"Yeh uchit rahega. Hum aaj hi Vrindavan jaane ko taiyaari shuru karte hai." Nand said.

Everyone in braj arose, desiring to leave quickly. There was a great uproar among the gopas. People awoke and the carts were readied. The noise heard among the gopas was like the great roar of tigers, or like the sound of the ocean roaring.

There were arrays of gopa women, with pots of milk and buttermilk carried on their heads and it seemed as if a row of stars had fallen down on Vraja. As the gopa women advanced in rows, they resembled rainbows, with their vibrant and excellent attire. They all quickly placed their clothing and other essential items on their carts and immediately began their journey for Vrindavan.

Keeping all the old men, women, children and their personal belongings on the bullock carts, and keeping all the cows at the forefront, the Gopas, carrying bows and arrows, blowing bugles and horns, started their journey.

As that caravan of carts advanced, it looked like turbulent waves on the ocean, tossed around by the wind. In a short while, Gokul became empty. Throngs of crows circled around, amidst the discarded objects that were strewn everywhere.

Sitting on his mother's lap, on the bullock cart, Krishna repeatedly asked, "Maiya hum kab pahuchenge ?"

Yashoda smiled at her son, the sadness of leaving behind what had been her home for ages began to fade at a mere glance of his face. Caressing his bouncy locks, she replied, "Kuch der aur pratiksha kar lalla."

In due course, the group of gopas reached the forest of Vrindavan. The forest there possessed all the qualities and had no crickets and thorns. This place on the banks of the Yamuna, had
are many kadamba trees there. A pleasant and cool breeze blew through the forest and the wind was auspicious in every direction.

For the benefit of the cows, the Gopas spread out their habitations over a large area. The carts were stretched along the boundary, in the shape of a half-moon. The area was one yojana in the middle and two yojanas in length. In every direction, it was protected by tall branches of trees and bushes and trees covered with thorns

The churning rods were erected and tied down with ropes. The vessels for storing milk were cleaned with water. Pegs were driven into the ground and ropes and nooses were fastened to these. In every direction, poles were erected and the carts were tied to these. The vessels for storing milk were tied to the tops of these poles with ropes.

Grass was gathered and mats of grass were used to cover these up. Branches were gathered from the trees. Spots were cleaned and the mortars set up. The eastern direction was sprinkled with water and fires were ignited. Beds covered with the hides of calves were unloaded.

Some gopa women gathered the excellent water, others gazed at the forest. Others pulled down branches. The young and aged gopa employed their hands skilfully.

Consequently, surrounded by groves, this new Braj seemed even more beautiful. And though it was the second fortnight in a hot summer month, it rained like Amrit, by the grace of the lord, so to ease the Gopas and ensure no one, not even the cows or calves suffered.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

AFTER SPENDING 7 YEARS IN GOKUL, KRISHNA HAS ARRIVED IN VRINDAVAN ✨✨✨✨✨

Now you all know what it means, right ? 🌝