CHAPTER 57

The sun had just arisen, casting a warm golden glow over the Vrindavan. Krishna and Balram, along with their friends, were leading their cows out to graze in the lush fields. As they passed through the narrow streets, the sound of their laughter and the gentle jingle of the cowbells filled the air.

The women of the village, from young girls to young brides, came out of their homes to catch a glimpse of Krishna, their hearts filled with yearning and longing. They stood by the roadside, their eyes following Krishna's every move, hoping for just a brief glance or a smile from him. His divine beauty and charm captivated them, filling their hearts with love and devotion.

They knew that he was the embodiment of divine love and grace, and their hearts yearned for his attention. Their devotion was pure and unwavering, their love for Krishna transcending all worldly desires and material bonds. Despite the bustling activity of the village, the women remained transfixed, their gazes locked on Krishna

Their eyes sparkled with adoration as they caught sight of the handsome young cowherd, his dark curly locks cascading down his back, his dark skin glowing like molten gold in the morning light. The young girls, with their innocent smiles and twinkling eyes, watched in awe as Krishna passed, his lotus eyes closed and focused on playing the flute, their hearts filled with longing and devotion.

The young brides, fiddling with the ends of their avagunthans, stole furtive glances at the charming cowherd, their cheeks flushed with a mixture of shyness and desire. Each woman prayed silently for Krishna to look their way, to bestow upon them just a fleeting glance that would fill their hearts with joy and their souls with peace.

And he, aware of the effect he had on the women, continued on his way, his flute playing a sweet melody that seemed to dance on the morning breeze. The women watched in awe, their hearts filled with a mixture of joy and longing as they beheld the divine presence of Krishna. As the group of boys and cows disappeared at a distance, the women returned to their homes, their minds filled with thoughts of Krishna.

As cowherds passed through the bustling market place of Vrindavan, Krishna's eyes caught sight of a group of Gopis selling milk, curd, and butter. It would've been an ordinary sight, however these Gopis were from Barsana. Why were they selling their goods in Vrindavan ? Krishna wondered.

"Chandravali ?" Krishna approached the foremost maiden among them, curious to know.

She, who was the cousin of Radha herself, had her eyes lit up hearing her name from his mouth.

"T-Tumhe mera naam smaran hai ?" Chandravali asked.

Krishna smiled, "Mai kisi vyakti ko kabhi bhulta nahi. Aur tum sab toh mujhse itna niswarth prem karti ho."

Chandravali blushed, and so did the other maidens.

"Parantu, Barsana chhod aaj Vrindavan mei dudh dahi bechne kaise ana huya ?" Krishna asked.

Chandravali shyly replied, "Dudh dahi toh bahana hai Krishna. Hum sab toh tumhe dekhne aaye the. Tumhare darshan praapt ho gaye, bas aur kya chahiye." Her eyes glistening as she gazed at him, her lord.

Overwhelmed by their devotion, Krishna enveloped Chandravali in a warm embrace, causing tears of joy to flow from her eyes. The maidens, overcome with a mix of joy and disbelief, felt tears welling up in their eyes as they were enveloped in Krishna's loving embrace. They were overwhelmed with devotion and love for him, and their hearts swelled with happiness at the thought of being so close to their beloved Krishna.

Tears of joy and gratitude streamed down their cheeks as they felt the warmth of his embrace, feeling as though all their prayers and devotion had been heard and answered. As they looked into Krishna's eyes, they saw nothing but love and compassion shining back at them, and they knew that they were truly blessed to be in his presence. In that embrace, the maidens felt a sense of oneness with their lord, as if they were united with him in body, mind, and soul.

In that moment, they felt like the luckiest maidens in the world, blessed with the love and attention of the divine Krishna. In that moment, all worldly worries and sorrows melted away as they basked in the divine presence of Krishna.

As Krishna bid farewell and left with his cows, the maidens stood there, their hearts heavy with longing and sadness. Tears flowed freely from their eyes as they watched their beloved Krishna disappear into the distance. Despite their deep sorrow, they knew that they could not stop him, understanding that Krishna had his duties to fulfill.

Reaching the fields, the cowherd friends began to play among themselves, while the cows grazed contentedly nearby, their soft lowing adding to the peaceful scene. Meanwhile Krishna sat beneath a sprawling banyan tree, watching over the cows and his friends with a smile. His thoughts, after meeting Chandravali, were drifting off to her cousin.

Krishna raised his flute to his lips and began to play a sweet melody that echoed through the meadow. The divine notes seemed to call out to Radha, beckoning her to come and join him in the peaceful solitude beneath the tree. And as the music floated on the breeze, Krishna knew that his beloved would soon come running to his side.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

In Braj, when it comes to Sringaar Ras, there are two types of Gopis that you see - Mugdha Gopi and Manini Gopi.

Mugdha Gopis are those who are completely infatuated by Krishna and are grateful for any attention he shows them. They yearn for his darshan. They are led by Chandravali Gopi, who according to some texts is the cousin of Radha Rani. Mugdha Gopis have Madhurya bhaav.

Then we have Manini Gopis, who though have the highest selfless love for Krishna, they act like they don't care about him. They also yearn for his attention, but they know if he wants to meet them then he will meet them. These Gopis include Lalita Sakhi, Vishakha sakhi, etc. And they always make plans for Radha Krishna to meet. They have sakhi bhaav.

Both the groups of Gopis have very high level devotion and love for Krishna. However some Acharyas say that Manini Gopis are superior to Mugdha Gopi. But we however are not in a position to deem one's superiority over another, because they both are superior to us ✨