CHAPTER 30

The afternoon sun cast a golden glow over the banks of the Yamuna, as Krishna and Balram played along with their friends. The air was filled with the sounds of laughter and playful shouts as the children engaged in various games.

Krishna and his friend Bhadrasen were engaged in a friendly wrestling match like always, their little hands and feet flailing as they tried to gain the upper hand. Meanwhile, their other friends, Madhumangal, Vijayaksh, Subala, and Sridama cheered them on, their voices mingling with the gentle rustling of the leaves and the soft lapping of the river.

"Krishna vijayi hoga !" Subala, fair in complexion and dressed in blue-yellow garments and resplendent jewels, said.

"Nahi nahi ! Bhadrasen vijay hoga !" Madhumangal, the blackish complexioned son of Sumukhi and Sandipani, said.

The air was filled with the joyful sounds of their laughter and the clapping of their hands. Krishna and Bhadrasen grappled with each other, their tiny bodies twisting and turning as they tried to gain the upper hand.

"Upar se pakad Kanha.... Paer khich ab !.... Shigreh dhakka de !" Balram guided his younger brother.

Krishna's eyes sparkled with mischief as he used his quick reflexes to outmaneuver Bhadrasen, eventually pinning him to the ground with a triumphant grin.

"Krishna vijayi huya !" The other children erupted into cheers and applause, chanting Krishna's name in celebration of his victory.

Krishna smilingly extended his arm at Bhadrasen, who gratefully held it and stood up, panting a bit.

Brushing the dust off of his clothes, he said, "Kanhaiya se koi nahi jeet sakta malyudh mei."

"Satyachan." The dark complexioned Sridama, one of the lord's most confidential friends, said, "Krishna kisi ko bhi parajit kar sakta hai."

Vijayaksh, the blessing of Mata Parvati herself, approached Krishna and knelt down, brushing away any dust from the lord's garment with a smile on his face. He was a bit older than Krishna, and was entrusted with the duty to take care of him by Yashoda.

In a sweet tone he said, "Tum thak gaye hoge, Krishna. Meri maiya ka ghar paas hi hai, unhone aaj hi thanda thanda chaas banaya hai. Use pi ke tumhe sheetalta praapt hogi."

Hearing that the little face of Krishna lit up, "Ambika maiya ka chaas ? Awashya ! Chalo mitro !"

Holding the lord's hand, Subala nodded, "Ha, chalo."

Both of them ran ahead of the group, their feet kicking up small clouds of dust behind them. Balram and the others following closely behind. They ran through the narrow streets, their laughter echoing through the air as they made their way to their destination. The thought of the refreshing drink was enough to make their tired bodies move even faster.

Finally, they arrived at their destination. Within that cozy home, laughter rang out like tinkling bells as Ambika and other Gopi mothers were gathered in frontyard. Their deft hands moved with practiced ease, slicing, dicing, and preparing an array of colorful vegetables and spices for pickling. The tantalizing aroma of sweet mango, tangy lemon, and pungent garlic mingled together, creating a symphony of flavors that danced through the air.

But the moment their eyes fell upon Krishna, their hands froze in mid-air. Time seemed to stand still as their hearts and minds were instantly consumed by an overwhelming surge of motherly love. It was as if their very beings were captivated by his divine presence.

Even Krishna himself, with his all-knowing gaze, could sense the depth and purity of their love for him. It touched him to the core, leaving him both pleased and humbled by the intensity of their devotion.

Taking a step forward, he approached Ambika, and politely asked, "Maiya, thoda chaas milega ?"

"O pyaare Krishna, awashya milega." Ambika smiled but there was a twinkle of mischief in her eyes, "Parantu, pehle nritya karke dikhao."

The group of friends erupted into laughter at this unexpected request, but Krishna got confused and asked, "Nritya ? Kyu maiya ?"

Caressing his cheek, Ambika smilingly said, "Nritya karoge toh hum anandit honge. Hum anandit honge toh adhik chaas milega."

Krishna's eyes lit up, "Satya ? Mere nritya karne se aap sab anandit honge ?"

The Gopis mothers looked at each other playfully, deciding to play along with Ambika, they gazed back at him and said in unison, "Ha !"

With a twinkle in his eye, he gracefully began to dance, his nimble feet moving in perfect rhythm to melody which only he seemed to hear. As Krishna danced, the Gopi mothers who had gathered at Ambika's house clapped and cheered, their eyes sparkling with delight.

The courtyard was filled with the sound of joy and merriment as Krishna's friends continued to chuckle at the sight of their usually dignified friend performing such a lively and spirited dance. After his impromptu performance, Krishna finally stopped and turned to Ambika with a playful grin.

"Ab chaas milega, maiya ?" he asked, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

Ambika chuckled and nodded, before gracefully stepping inside the house. Moments later, she emerged, carrying an array of delicate glasses and a pot brimming with refreshing buttermilk. With utmost care, she poured the cool elixir into each child's glass. Their eyes gleamed with anticipation as they eagerly brought the creamy liquid to their parched lips.

Ah, the relief ! The velvety concoction cascaded down their throats, soothing their dryness and revitalizing their weary frames.

"Maiya, thoda aur milega ?" Krishna asked.

Ambika smirked playfully, "Pehle gana gaao."

"Uchit hai..." Without hesitation, Krishna agreed once again, ready to please and entertain them. He fell into thoughts about what to sing, and then a song came to his mind which he had always heard Yashoda humming while she worked.

With a voice that seemed to carry the enchanting melodies of the divine, he began singing that song, sung locally by women in braj. The Gopi mothers were overwhelmed by his adorable voice, and they showered him with praise and adoration.

"Le lalla, pura chaas tera." Ambika said elated filling his glass to the rim.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

KRISHNA SAKHAS MAKING THE ENTRANCE 😍🙏🔥✨

How cute everyone is 😍✨

Waise to there are endless sakhas of Krishna mentioned in scriptures and by Acharyas.... However I'm only going to show the prominent ones - Sridama, Subala, Madhumangal, Vijayaksh and Bhadrasen.

And this Sridama is not the one who cursed Radha Rani, he is also not Radha Rani's elder brother..... Some scriptures do say him to be one of these, while some claim him to be the most confidential friend of Krishna. I'm going with the third one here.