CHAPTER 20

The dense forest of Shatashringa was alive with the sounds of birds and animals as Kunti paced outside her humble hut, cradling her baby, Arjun, in her arms. The sun was setting, casting a warm golden glow over the trees, and the air was filled with the soothing scent of earth and flowers.

Kunti hummed a gentle lullaby, her voice soft and melodic as she tried to lull her restless baby to sleep. Pandu watched her from a distance, a tender smile playing on his lips as he admired the love and patience in his wife's eyes. He felt a surge of gratitude for the beautiful family he was blessed with, and his heart swelled with pride for Kunti's unwavering devotion to their children. But his hunger for sons, didn't seem to be have satitated yet.

Amidst the tranquility of the forest, the playful laughter of two young boys filled the air. The 3-year-old Yudhishthir, and the 2-year-old Bheem, ran around Madri, their innocent giggles echoing through the trees. Madri smiled at their exuberance, her heart aching with a desire to have children of her own.

She was weaving delicate flower garlands with nimble fingers but gaze was distant, her thoughts consumed by a deep longing for children of her own. She yearned to experience the joy and fulfillment of motherhood, to cradle a baby in her arms and feel the pure, unconditional love that only a mother could know.

Plus, she also yearned for the love and attention of her husband that had been absent since Kunti had given birth to Pandu's sons. His attention and affection were mostly focused on Kunti and her sons, leaving Madri feeling neglected and alone.

Suddenly, Pandu's words brought her out of her thoughts, "Kunti, meri iccha hai ki mera ek aur putra ho."

'Ek aur ?' Madri thought looking at them both.

Although till now, Kunti had happily obliged to his wishes for sons, she couldn't obey him this time.

Looking at her toddlers she said, "Yudhishthir, Bheem, bhitar jaao mai abhi aati hu."

Both the boys obeyed and scurried inside the hut. Once they were gone, she gazed back at Pandu, apologetically.

"Kshama Arya. Parantu.... Parantu mai ab aapko aur putra pradaan nahi kar sakti." Kunti told.

Pandu frowned in confusion, "Kintu kyu Kunti ?"

"Niyog se vivahit stree keval 3 putra praapt kar sakti hai. Chautha putra hona siddhantshunya mana jata hai, aur paachva putra hone par...." Kunti stopped and glanced down at little Arjun, who was in deep sleep in her arms. Caressing his head, she covered his ears before looking back at Pandu and completing her sentence, "Paachva putra hone par, uss stree ko vaishyaa kaha jata hai."

Pandu didn't say anything on that, understanding the dilemma of Kunti and respecting her. However, this seemed to turn into an opportunity for Madri.

'Arya ko aur putra chahiye, aur Kunti de nahi sakti. Yadi mai garbh dharan karne ka prastaav du, toh mujhe bhi maatritva ka sukh praapt ho.' She thought.

She gazed at Kunti, who went inside the hut to lay Arjun down in his cradle. Seizing the opportunity she called out, "Arya, tanik yaha aayiye na."

Pandu went towards her, she patted the ground beside her, gesturing him to sit. He took his place beside her, wondering what she wants to say.

"Arya, mai jaanti hu ki aapko mujh mei koi gun nahi dikhte. Mai Kunti se shresht hu, par mujhe sadev unse kam dekha gaya hai. Mujhe iss baat ka dukh nahi. Gandhari ke 100 putra ho gaye, mujhe iss baat ka bhi dukh nahi." Madri said.

Pandu looked at her with a frown, "Kehna kya chaahti ho Madri ?"

Madri shifted her gaze and spoke, "Patni hum dono hai, kintu mera durbhagya dekho ki mere pati ko keval Kunti se putra praapt hai. Kintu yadi Rajkumari Kunti chaahe toh... toh mujhe apna kripapatra bana mujhe bhi maatritva ka sukh pradaan karwa sakti hai. Putra aapko bhi chahiye, aur mujhe bhi. Kyu na mai hi aapki iccha purn kardu ?"

A smile appeared on Pandu's face, for he had always thought about this matter in his mind. But had hesitated to speak to her, not knowing whether she would like it or not.

"Iccha meri bhi yahi thi Madri, ki tumhe bhi putra-ratna praapt ho." He said elated.

A smile appeared on the lips of Madri, however she lowered her face in shyness, fidgeting with her fingers, she said, "Parantu yeh baat aapko Kunti se swayam karni padegi. Woh meri.... Woh meri sautan hai... Mai kaise unse yeh sab kahu ?"

Pandu smiled as he held the hands of Madri, and looked at her assuringly. In a gentle tone he said, "Chinta na karo. Ab jab mujhe tumhari iccha ka gyaan ho chuka hai, mai awashya tumhare kalyaan hetu Kunti se baat karunga. Mujhe vishwas hai woh mana nahi karegi."

Saying so he stood up, and went inside the hut, there he saw Kunti, swinging the cradle of Arjun with one hand, while the other hand was gently patting the chest of Yudhishthir and Bheem, simultaneously, to make them fall asleep as well.

"Kunti," He called softly, causing her to look at him, "Mujhe tumse kuch baat karni hai."

Kunti stood up and went towards him, "Kahiye."

"Meri iccha hai ki tum mantra dwara Madri ki sahayata karo taaki woh bhi putra sukh praapt kar sake." He said.

"Madri ?" Kunti frowned, unsure.

Pandu held her hands, and requested her, "Santaan sukh se vanchit ho, Madri atyant dukhi hai. Uska uddhar keval tum hi kar sakti ho, Shubhey. Uski nayiya ko tum hi paar laga sakti ho. Kripiya, Madri ki sahayata kar, yash aur kirti praapt karo."

Kunti was uncertain, however seeing the face of Pandu, she couldn't deny, "Aapko prasann dekhne se adhik mai kuch nahi chaahti, iss liye kabhi aapki iccha ke virudh Mai nahi jaa sakti. Yadi aapki iccha hai ki Madri ko putra pradaan karwayu, toh thik hai. Mai sahayata awashya karungi."

Pandu smiled, "Tum dhanya ho, Kunti."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

The Madreya twins on their way ✨✨✨