Chapter 0 - Prelude

My name is Kathy and I work as a maid of my lady Anne, who is currently engaged to the crown prince Erik.

My lady Anne is a daughter of Duke Rommanis, who governs this part of land where Anne's school is situated. Ah... yeah, Anne as well as Erik and others are students of the local academy, where I am staying too and help my lady Anne with all daily necessities and also attend the class for commoners.

My lady Anne just left the dormitory to attend a ball...

... and returned a few hours later in bad shape. That jerk Erik announced nullification of their engagement and also his new engagement to Baron's bastard child Mary. But that was not the only thing...

It seems, that my lady Anne will be expelled from the academy for crimes she committed against Mary. All of them are of course fake, my lady Anne is kind and humble.

„Ahh... I am pissed off!"

I said that aloud and closed the lid of my laptop.

It is the same scenario as before! Is it not possible to change her fate?

The game is trash... full of bugs...

Incidentally... my name is not Kathy, but Arisa... or Alice as friends call me and I am not a maid of my lady Anne, but a 22 years old student of final year in my university, where I study for master degree in economics.

Now I am at home, where I was playing this game named Commoner. It is F2P game, where players can become one of many support characters in the world of otome game... but their character is selected randomly and the game sets them a time period in which they are not able to restart the game as someone else.

I tried many characters before and Kathy was the last one... but the result was always the same. Lady Anne was accused of crimes and expelled from the school.

Ah... that reminds me, that I have to hurry to my school or they might expel me too if I am late too many times...