Chapter 48: Day Off - Arisa's side

I woke up... again in my bed.

„Good morning, Tomoka.", I whispered to her.

But she wasn't sitting there and watching me as yesterday. Suddenly I felt slight loneliness. As on usual days, Tomoka slept in her own bedroom and so there was neither one, who would watch my sleeping face... nor one, who would kiss my forehead just when I opened eyes.

(Why am I suddenly missing it?)

Tomoka was just preparing breakfast when I got into the main room and didn't notice me. And so I quickly slipped pass her to the bathroom. But when I got back, she was already waiting for me and kissed my forehead before I could even sit down.

She looked very happy for some reason and after breakfast quickly changed her clothes and was about to leave.

„Wait, Tomoka! I can go with you... I am not tired anymore."

No. You need to be ready for the next training. So now take a rest."

„Eeeh?"

I was surprised.

(What other training?)

She left and I stayed home. I just didn't want her to worry about me and so I obeyed.

In the first few hours I tried to rest, but I was not tired at all. Then I browsed the net, but it was boring too and so I rather thought about lunch.

„Tomoka! What would you like to eat?"

(Ahh... she is not here.)

After lunch came time for the game.

„Tomoka, come and help me!"

There was no response.

(I wonder what is she doing?)

(It is so boring here without her.)

(Maybe I could try to write a book.)

„(A little dragon walked on a road... and met Tomoka...)"

(No, I wanted to write lady Anne!)

(Ahh... where is Tomoka? Isn't already the time to go home?)

„(15:00 - Tomoka... will you arrive soon?)"

I sent her the message via Akime app. But she didn't reply and so I tried to call her, but the call got rejected right away.

(Maybe she is still busy. I wonder what happened.)

The time when we usually get home arrived, but not her. I was feeling anxious.

„(16:00 - Tomokaa... where are you?)"

She replied 5 minutes later.

(16:05 - Sorry, Arisa... I was too busy and didn't notice your first message. I will be home soon.)"

(Ahh... finally.)

Finally I could at least read her words. She will be home soon.

(16:40 - The traffic is heavy... but I am on the way... I will be home soon.)"

She again repeated those words ‚I will be home soon.' And so I waited another hour, but she still didn't arrive.

„(17:40 - Tomoka, where are you? I am getting worried.)"

The message reached its recipient, but I got no reply. I sat down and didn't know what to do. All of a sudden my phone started to ring... an unknown number.

Arisa, don't worry. My car broke down and so I had to walk on foot. The car got towed into a repair shop, but I forgot my phone inside. I am waiting for a taxi now... oh, it's here... I have to go..."

Tomoka finally called me, but hung up before I was able to reply.

I had to wait again, but I didn't worry anymore.

When Tomoka arrived I just finished cooking our dinner.

„Tomokaaaa! Welcome home!"

I shouted at her just when she opened the door and hugged her.

I am home."

She said and kissed my forehead.