Chapter 42: Quest, part 2

Days flew in usual way except the fact, that I was doing everything now together with Tomoka... well except sleeping and bathing. We woke up in the morning... each of us in her own bedroom, did usual morning hygiene, had breakfast, dressed and moved to work in Tomoka's car. After work we got home, showered and played the game.

Actually there was one change this morning. When I arrived into the accountant department, Sayaka was missing. The head accountant announced, that she changed job and works in the marketing department now, which is situated in another building. Her spot will be available for any new incomers.

The next day when I came again to my old department, I got one more surprise. My job spot was canceled and I was fully moved to the second floor.

(So from now on... I will stay with Tomoka every hour in a day?!)

Hot flashed trough my body and my heart started to beat fast.

When we both got home and finished usual rituals, the whole game party met in the game again and we finally started the quest. The quest's goal was to rescue a dragon from an evil princess. Someone from the development team just got an idea, that it might be more interesting this way.

„What if the princess would be lady Anne and one party member could betray others and rescue her instead?"

Mmm... sure. I will pass the idea to Hakuto later."

Even though it was quite a silly idea, Tomoka agreed immediately.

(Mmm?)

„And rule together or take her away and escape to another country..."

Sure. I will send it to Hakuto too."

„It might be better to let Hakuto join the party, that way..."

Never!"

I didn't even manage to complete the sentence and she stopped me. I wonder why?

In the game Tomoka accepted the quest from the local Mercenary Guild and we set off. First task was to contact the queen of dragons, whose son was kidnapped.

Dragon queen's nest area became available through an entrance in mountains, not far from the place we trained before with Riana. The queen welcomed us just as we entered into her lair...

(What mere humans do in my lair?)"

(We accepted your request, your highness.)"

Tomoka replied her. It seems, that only the leader can choose some options.

(Come closer... I need to look at you.)"

(Sure.)"

We approached the queen and a breath of fire burned us to dust.

„What happened?"

I don't know. Let's meet with others again and then call it a day."

„Mmm."

10 minutes later.

Previously I already set my respawn location to the local church as others did and so everyone met in front of the church. Since the time for dinner was getting closer, we decided to leave other tries for tomorrow.

I don't know what is happening to me... I am with Tomoka every day, almost all the time. We are living together, we are working together, we are playing together... but suddenly I want something more. I want to again experience that feeling from before. I want another date with her! But not with lady Anne. I want a date with Tomoka.

„Umm... Tomoka?"

Yes?"

„Can we go on a date?"

Oh, sure!"

„But I want you to go as Tomoka... not lady Anne."

Really?"

„Mmm."

Then let's go tomorrow."

I was happy. After dinner and other usual procedures, we walked off each to our own bedroom.

„Good night.", said Tomoka as every day. But suddenly added one small kiss on my forehead. I didn't know what to do and so I ran away and hid to my bed.