Chapter 11: Shopping

It took me about 35 minutes on foot to reach the shop.

Welcome to the store!"

Just as I entered, one of local clerks greeted me. I nodded and slightly smiled at her.

The shop is quite large, with many customers and so I can buy anything I need freely without anyone asking me whether I need any help.

Hello. Do you need any help?"

(Ehh?)

It was the same clerk, that greeted me just a minute ago. Why did she come to me? It never happened to me here. Do I look like a thief today?

„No. Thanks... I am just looking around."

Okay. Take your time. If you need any help, I am standing over there."

„Sure, thanks."

So in other words: if I would need help, she is now my exclusive maid and it would be impolite to ask anyone else.

(I don't like when they focus on me this way.

But I can't just go elsewhere now. That would be even worse and many other shops are smaller and so they would target me again.)

(sigh)

Yeah, I am an introvert. There is no problem for me to go out, but the less people look at me, the better. And so I like these larger shops, where clerks just greet me and leave me alone... most of the time.

While thinking about the latest events, I reached a stand with underwear.

Looking around I made sure, that no one is watching me. But that alone might be highly suspicious.

Hopefully they don't watch security cameras all the time. Not that I would want to steal something, but I might look like a thief while behaving like this.

To make it even worse I looked directly into one of cameras.

(Ahh... no... I need to calm down or they might really think, that I am a thief.)

Do you need any help?"

„Eeeh?"

I jinxed it. They got me.

„No... thanks..."

Are you sure? You were just looking around like searching for me."

(Ahh... I knew it. She is watching me all the time.)

„It is just embarrassing for me and so I wanted to make sure, that no one is around."

I said and slightly smiled while looking to the ground.

I understand. Let me know if you need anything."

„Sure."

Finally I am free again.

(Mmm... this blue bra looks good.)

If I could recommend then try this red set, it might suit you better."

(Eeeeh? Is she still standing next to me?)

(I am scared to turn around.)

„Oh... really? Then I will take it."

Thank you very much. I will pack it up for you and prepare it at the desk."

„Thanks."

I replied while still looking to the ground.

Now I also need a T-shirt. While looking around, I was not able to find her.

(Where did she disappear to?)

After choosing the right piece I returned to the checkout. That one woman wasn't there... I think. I didn't examine her properly. She had long hair, tied into a tail and nice eyes. I saw her only shortly, but she looked kinda familiar when I think about it now... Maybe I already met her somewhere or someone similar.