Chapter 16: Aristocrat

Next day a man appeared at our room and put another DVD on my desk.

Test it."

He said just that and left.

(Ehh?)

When I got home, I inserted it into my laptop's DVD drive and installed it. It looked familiar. Later I realized, that it is directly related to the game Commoner, but it allows players to choose any one of main characters.

I choose the main heroine of it, that bastard baron's child Mary. First I was thinking about choosing my beloved lady Anne, but when I thought about how to make her happy, this decision looked the best.

If I can force this... girl... to fail, lady Anne will win. But on the other hand I don't want her to marry that jerk prince Erik. What options do I need to choose to force the game to some neutral ending?

Game just started, but contains a lot of unimportant texts.

(Next... next... next...)

„(options: Yes, I think so too. / No, she is right.)"

Lady Anne just told Erik, that someone like me is not worth to be the next queen. But that jerk disagreed and said, that I am much better than she ever was.

(Mmm...)

(I am sorry, lady Anne...)

I had to choose the first option. Otherwise he could possibly abandon Mary and marry lady Anne. I can't allow it! She left with tears in her eyes...

(Ahh... can't there be any better option? I need to write to developers!)

„(You are right, I am not worth now. But I will try to become worth it.)"

That is what I would add there.

„(You are humble and kind, Mary... not as this one here.)"

He could reply... and so on. It seems that I will have to rewrite all the texts and options here!

In the morning, just before the time I usually wake up, I finished my report and sent it to the right email address.

(Now I can finally go sleep)

(ring, ring)

My alarm clock just announced the time to wake up... ahh... I am dead.

„Goot mrning..."

I said to my co-workers and dropped my head to the desk.

Arisa?! What happened?"

But I was not allowed to lie there too long. The secretary appeared at the door and called me outside.

Nakano-san, you are required on the second floor."

„Ahh... sure... thanks."

I replied without hearing her properly and put my head back on the desk.

kano-san..."

„Ehh?"

Nakano-san! Go to the second floor."

The secretary returned back and called at me again.

„Ahh... sure."

I got up and slowly moved outside. It must look like an attack of zombies to anyone, who watched security cams.

In one of dark corners, I somehow found an elevator, got inside and... fell asleep again.

When I opened my eyes, I was lying in a bed. The ceiling looked familiar, but not as the one in hospital.

(What happened to me? Did I hurt my head again?)

I sat up and looked around. No one was around, but I recognized the room fast.

It has glass walls and I noticed a bench with a parasol behind them. The same bench I ate on few days ago.

(So not a service room.)

It more looked like someone's private room. Not just this bed, but I spotted also a table, chair, wardrobe and two laptops.

I opened the wardrobe, but it was empty.

When I turned back to the bed, I spotted a note placed upon it.

(Go home and rest today. Come to the second floor tomorrow morning.)"

I did just that, but first stopped in my department and apologized. They already knew about my leave and so I just left.

The Sun is too bright today...

I kind of feel dizzy. It might be better to sit here for a while...

I sat down and leaned my back against the wall.

Nice dream came to me. Lady Anne suddenly appeared at me, picked me up as a princess and took me into her house.

(It was a nice dream, but I need to get up and go home.)

I wanted to get up, but realized, that the wall is gone... and my surrounding is soft to the touch.

I lie in a bed... again. Did anyone just return me to that glass room?

„Huh?!"

I opened eyes and looked around. The room was very familiar... I was lying in my bed at home.

(How did I get here?)

...

The next day in the company I headed directly to the second floor.

Hello. You must be Nakano Arisa, right?"

A man spoke to me just when I entered the door.

„Yes. Hello."

Please sit at the table over there and I will come to you shortly after."

He told me and pointed at an empty chair.

Few minutes later he sat next to me and started to talk.

My name is Akiyama Hakuto..."

(Oh... the demon lord!)

Mmm... how to say it. We wanted you to just test the other game, not to rewrite it completely. Hehe."

But I have to say, that the boss was impressed. And so from today you will be hired as a part-time beta tester here."

„Eeeh? What does that mean?"

In the morning you will work as usual in your department, but after 4 hours you will come here and be testing the Aristocrat game. Your salary will be also increased."

(Mmm... what shall I do?)

What do you say?"

„Let me think about it..."

Heh... there is nothing for you to think about. It was ordered by the boss. Now return to your department and come back here later."

And so I was hired to the development team...