Chapter 52: Like a princess

I ran to the main door on the first floor and opened it.

Hello, sister-in... ehm. I am here as a driver for Akihara-san and Nakano-san to get them into their job."

„Ah, I see... and you are?"

Shino... I mean Takahashi Shino... bu."

„Okay. Wait here... I need to change."

Sure, sure... take your time."

When I got back upstairs, Tomoka was still in the kitchen.

„A driver named... Takahashi Shinobu is waiting there."

Ah... I see... sure. Let's change and go then."

(Why is she so upset suddenly?)

We both changed to our work clothes and met the driver outside.

Good morning, Akihara-sama and Nakano-sama. I will be yours driver for this day. My name is Takahashi Shinoda... ehm... bu. ... from the repair ship... what? Ah, shop customer ser..."

That driver was weird.

Just open the door and let's go.", interrupted him Tomoka resolutely.

Yes! Onee... ehm... Akihara-san... Akihara..."

He kept talking and bowing down and so Tomoka opened left rear door by herself.

Arisa, get inside."

„Sure!"

Tomoka then sat next to me and the driver dropped us out at the company.

On the second floor we were first greeted by its secretary...

Good morning, boss... and Nakano-san."

Hello, Yuki... how are your kids?"

Much better, thanks."

„Hello."

... and the development team.

Hello, boss!"

Hello, Hakuto, Kenzo, Fuyuki...

Hello Arisa. So, you again walk together? We even noticed, that you came in the same car... with a driver. Like two princess sisters. Haha..."

You are watching too much Anime, Kenzo. My car broke yesterday, so I got spare one as a service and just met Arisa along the way as days before."

Think that much when you are fixing bugs. Did you finish all of your tasks?"

Kenzo returned to his computer and stayed silent.

Hakuto! Come to my office and give me report about the work. What are current projects, what ideas you are working on, etc..."

(Ahh... she is still very upset.)

When Hakuto disappeared in Tomoka's office and closed the door, I approached Fuyuki and asked...

„Umm... Fuyuki-kun... what were you working on yesterday, that she was..."

(... so tired at home?)

(Ahh! I can't ask him this way when Tomoka tries to keep our relationship secret.)

„... looked tired in the car today?"

Mmm... not much. She just stopped here in the morning, announced, that you are not feeling well and again disappeared."

(So Tomoka was not in the company for the whole day? I wonder what she was doing then... and where?)

(Shall I ask her?)

„(Yes / No)"

(She is kind and loves me. If I would ask her... does that mean I don't trust her?)

I decided to not ask now and wait for Tomoka to tell me about it on her own... or at least for now.

(I will give her time.)

Hakuto was still in Tomoka's room and I continued my work on Aristocrat game.

2 hours passed... and finally Hakuto returned back with terrified face expression.

„What happened?"

A lot of work."

Okay, give me a minute and I will send you all your next task. We will be very busy."

„I see."

It seemed, that Hakuto already sent emails to others, because their expressions suddenly changed and voices became quiet.

„I didn't receive anything."

You have your own work, Arisa and it is also necessary to do more testing in the Kingdom of Lleonis, so... the boss will inform you herself."

„Oh."

I returned to my work. Tomoka stayed in her office for the whole working day.

Arisa! Come, I will take you home."

She shouted at me when the time to go home arrived. Others rather stayed silent.

„Yes."

Tomoka led me outside, where the same driver already waited for us.

Good afternoon, Akihara-sama... Nakano-sama."

This time he bowed just once to both of us and opened the door.

Some time later we arrived at our house and stopped just next to Tomoka's car.

Oh, my car is already here. Good job."

Now you are done. Thanks for the service, Takahashi-kun."

Sure. Anything for Onee-chan!", shouted the driver out and drove off.

Onne..."

Tomoka looked upset again.

(Onee-chan?)

Let's go home."

„Sure, Onee-chan!"

Tomoka slightly giggled at first and then we both burst out laughing.