Chapter 9: Kingdom of Lleonis 2

It was not too hard this time to find it and correct it. It was probably just another test for me, because I was not able to imagine how someone, who is working for the company for so many years could overlook such a trivial error.

When I returned it back, the head accountant smiled and gave me a few materials for further studying.

When the time to go home arrived, I left as everyone else.

Since I had nothing else to do, continuing the game looked like a good idea. But my character was still standing in the demon lord's room, and he greeted me with words ‚be my guest' just after I appeared there. I closed the lid, dressed up and left my flat.

It was not too late summer afternoon and so the Sun was bright and the temperature high.

I left the flat upset and with no reason to go out, but the weather was fine and so in the end it didn't seem like a bad idea.

Alice?"

Someone called my name...

Alice! Here!"

I turned around in the direction of the voice and my friend Ayako from the school was standing there under a big tree near the street.

„Ayako! How are you?"

It's summer and so I am enjoying our last holidays... but what about you? I heard, that you are already working."

I told her everything about my job and games... except lady Anne, because she could consider me a weirdo.

I see... maybe we could play it together sometime."

„Mmm... yeah, but it is still in the testing phase."

That is bad. Let me know when it is available later also for us commoners. Haha... I would like to play it with you."

„Sure."

Alice... do you have a boyfriend? You liked that one basket player in school..."

My cheeks turned red. Lady Anne is not the only person I admired... there was this boy named Yamada Katashi... with long legs and cute face. I met him in my final year. But that was already too late. I had to focus on studying and so it ended just with my crush on him... we never talked more than simple ‚Hi.'

„I didn't meet anyone else from school after we left."

Mmm, that is a pity..."

Ayako!"

Someone suddenly called at her from a far away place.

Ahh... I have to go. My boyfriend is calling me. Enjoy the summer!"

She said and left.

(Boyfriend?)

(I wonder what is Katashi-kun doing?)

I waved back at her and went down the street to a market to buy food for next days.

It didn't take too long and so I arrived home just few hours later and turned my laptop on.

(Let's give it one more try!)

(Be my guest.)"

(Ahh... is that person an NPC?)

„(Fine. I can stay here for a while. But I want to go back later.)"

(You can't go back.)"

„(Why?)"

(It's too dangerous outside for a level 1 character)"

„(How do you know...)"